bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 23, 10 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Sep 23, 10 5:57 AM
I have just downloaded this game and am playing the demo. In one of the hidden object scenes I used a hint and the game froze and I had to press ctr alt and del to exit. It came up with an error message - I can't remember what it said. I went back into the game and played again and used another hint and it seems OK. I am a bit loathe to buy it though if this is going to happen again. Also I have a wide screen and there doesn't seem to be a wide screen option for this game which is a shame. All the other games I have bought which Alawar have made fit my wide screen perfectly. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall it or won't it make any difference??

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BK3009 on Sep 23, 10 7:52 AM
I have the same problem. Error message says something like a boleen valve???
Will try a second time and see how far I get

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 23, 10 11:07 AM

Same here as plutiman21 and BK3009:

I used a hint in the 1st HOG scene.
It didn't show; game seems to freeze.
When I managed to minimize or leave it/don't remember, there was an error window in the background:

> ?:0: attempt to index field '?' (a boolean value) <
Window title: Lua Error.

When I restarted the game, the hint worked OK in this and the next HOG scene.
I created a new profile, but the error didn't re-occur in the 1st HOG scene.

Looks like a first-activation thing. Running WIN XP.

Didn't play much further yet and probably won't (but not for this reason, but due to the locked SG).

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Sep 23, 10 12:09 PM
Same here, the cutscenes in the temple and the final scene do not play. The cutscene in the temple actual froze the game and the screen just went black. I had to hit the skip button to continue.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 23, 10 12:18 PM
No wide screen option. This makes the game a no buy for me. I think I will play Dire Grove again.

[Post New]by questforspirit on Sep 23, 10 1:19 PM
I also had problems with the last 3 Cutscenes. I don't even know how the game ended!

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Sep 23, 10 2:02 PM
same here- i have no idea how the game ended either. All the other scenes played fine, including the cutscenes, until the last 3. So aggravating!

tinsel34
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tinsel34 on Sep 23, 10 2:07 PM
same here .still dont know how the game ended. which spoiled it ..

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 2:07:36 PM PST

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Sep 23, 10 2:27 PM
When hint button was selected it froze. What did I do - deleted the game right away it had a boolean error.
I don't have time to waste on games that can't work the first time.

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Sep 23, 10 3:00 PM
I also had trouble with the last few cut scenes (I couldn't see any of them after putting the piece in to raise the platform that Angel was lying on). No problem with any of them until then. Hoping it will be fixed soon and I don't have to replay the entire game to be able to see them.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 23, 10 5:51 PM
I bought the game without playing the demo and I am sad to say, after playing all night, the cutscenes for the last three chapters as well as for the bonus games do not work. I have no idea how the story ends and I feel seriously ripped of. This is a definite glitch with the game and once again I feel that BGF has not properly beta tested this game. We had similar problems with Victorian Mysteries. I hope that we get an update on our game manager for this because no way is it because of my computor. I have all the necessary updates on my computor.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Sep 23, 10 6:27 PM
This game is true to its title "twisted" with lots of turns, items to find and challenges. Problems with HINT, it froze, so I used Ctrl - Alt - Delete, the hour glass came up then the came was alright until the trial ended. This game is definitely a buy. . . . once all the glitches are taken care of. . . . . . . Lovin it.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Sep 23, 10 6:56 PM
Played demo and about 40 minutes or so in the game, my computer crashed, never has that happened on my computer. Game was OK, but really nothing new. Tried to play last few minutes, but would not work. So I'll probably just pass on this one.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 23, 10 8:20 PM
Everything was great for me until the final cutscene for the regular portion of the game. I just got a black screne with (skip) in the middle. I used the skip, then started the bonus section - and the first cutscene was also a black screne with (skip) in the middle. I haven't finished the game yet, but I would like to see what I'm missing.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Sep 24, 10 4:25 AM
I was able to see the cutscenes by replaying the game as a new player.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 24, 10 5:56 AM
i also am not able to see the cut scenes and i don't want to restart the game under a new player to see what the last scenes are. we need a fix for this.

[Post New]by pamelam on Sep 24, 10 6:47 AM
I downloaded the game, but its not coming up..the screen stays black. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Sep 24, 10 6:55 AM
I didn't see cut scenes either. I also can't put the soldiers in the pot no matter how I try. I'm not that impressed with this game, it's just more of the same old thing without the atmospere. I'm really sorry I bought it.

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 6:56:24 AM PST

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Sep 24, 10 7:12 AM
I was fine until the last cut scene at the end of the bonus chapter and then I got a blank screen so I never actually saw the end. It's a shame really but someone here posted what the final cut scene was so at least I know the ending.

Go to: