bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mole Control

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 23, 10 12:27 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mole Control? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mole Control

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 23, 10 5:56 AM
To keep it simple, this game is like the World Mosaics game except that you drive over a lawn in a buggy that digs up moles that are hiding under the lawn. When you move the buggy to a square in the grid that shows up around you, the number of moles around you shows up on the buggy and you have to move the buggy to other squares in the grid to figure out which square the mole is in.

The graphics are adorable. When you find a mole, the buggy starts digging in that hole and a mole comes flying out. If you make a mistake, the buggy blows up and is damaged.

The play is a little slow. It takes awhile to get used to their grid way of finding the moles and moving the buggy around but with experience, play speeds up a little and it's a fun way to do a logic puzzle.

If you like logic puzzles, this is an amusing way to play one.

[Post New]by nagelne on Sep 23, 10 8:40 AM
Why is it in spanish ony? Im an American, I speak English!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 23, 10 8:50 AM
Thie game started out bad as errors popped up before it even opened. Once it opened, I chose my language and then went through a couple more splash screens only to have the game crashed. Then I got the blue screen of death, so I can't really say whether the game is good or bad. i can say that I won't be playing it as I don't feel like rebooting again.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 23, 10 10:43 AM
No, not for me...

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 23, 10 10:50 AM
nagelne wrote:Why is it in spanish ony? Im an American, I speak English!

On the very first page that comes up, you were supposed to choose your language.......................
I find this game intriging, since it's yet another one that I am so bad at !!!
I'd like to keep playing it just because it's a challenge for me. Reading the description, it seems like it will be an action type game, but it's really a thinky logic game. I'm not sure yet if it's a buy for me; maybe if I can get thru the practice test!

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 10:54:37 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 23, 10 2:08 PM
I like the point that you can choose between several language, but the gameplay itself doesn`t appeal really to me. I will pass on this one

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Sep 24, 10 4:30 AM
This is MineSweeper updated. Well...sort of. You move your "mole-mobile" around the lawn looking for moles. It doesn't have numbers on the side so you can't really tell where they are until you either get close enough or try to drive on one and they tell you not to move there.

Any game that says "frantic game play" is usually not for me...but I thought I'd give it a try anyway...but it really ISN'T for me!

Mortic1a
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mortic1a on Sep 26, 10 2:28 AM
ok guess I'm the odd one out I love it tests the grey matter.

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Sep 26, 10 3:09 PM
I really enjoyed it too, exercises the brain a little. It would be nice if there was a cheat map when I get stuck or like in 4a when all the spots are covered and it still says there is one mole left. Cute & amusing game.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 3:14:00 PM PST

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Sep 26, 10 6:18 PM
The game downloaded fine, recognized that I had a newer version of DirectX, and runs great. I think it's a nice, new, enhanced rendition of Minesweeper, cute graphics and sound.
I got a little irked the first time I exited and then returned because it didn't seem as though it saved my previous game but I later realized it had saved but it doesn't make it obvious how to restart.
Biggest complaint is what's the deal with all the title screens at startup? Spacebar, esc, or clicking will not skip them and it seems like you sit for a full minute before you can begin actual play.

msymms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by msymms on Sep 26, 10 9:07 PM
Did recognize my latest version of Direct X. Then one error after another before crashing on my tweaked gaming PC. Another pile of garbage released for a quick trial. I will continue to support BFG as long as I am allowed to make trials on these crap games.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 9:08:55 PM PST

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Sep 29, 10 9:33 PM
I enjoyed Minesweeper more because it at least reveals dead squares when you find a number. This one makes you drive over EVERY square to reveal the dead ones. It might just be me, but I found few instructions to start e.g. press start and it shows you postcards which you have to click on then select the button with the 'A' on it. The gameplay was too slow for me which frustrated me.

No go for me

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 9:37:29 PM PST

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Oct 6, 10 11:52 AM
Love it so far. Had to reinstall and accept the DirectX installation, although I'm pretty sure that my DirectX was fairly recent. Anyway, great take on minesweeper, liked the bomb moles and am interested what else the game has in store. Might buy it, actually.

[Post New]by GuardianOfRlyeh on Oct 7, 10 3:39 AM
I played the demo a few months ago directly from the developer´s site and it is a fairly nice game if you are into minesweeper-like games. For me personally the gameplay is a bit slow but none-the-less it is a good game.
But for the price I would consider to buy it from the developer directly as the game is not much more expensive there and the developer would benefit a lot more from the buy.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 8, 10 3:19 PM
As others have said, this is a cute little minesweeper type game. Game play is not "frantic"--it's more a puzzle type game where you have to use your powers of deductive reasoning. I'm terrible at it, but it's definitely, as someone else said, making me use the old grey matter. I finally passed the driver's test 30 minutes in

Go to: