bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mole Control technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 23, 10 12:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Post any Mole Control technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 23, 10 1:09 AM
When I tried to open the game I got an error message XACT sound engine failed to initialize XACT engine CSound engine Add Audio Bank (char *filename) unable to load wave bank unable to create sound bank. I click play and it goes to this message then the screen blinks turns white and nothing I open task manager it says game is running. This is a new one on me I've never had this type of message before and all of my other games are working fine I just updated my directx my husband is a i.t tech so he keeps my computer updated at all times. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !

[Post New]by anna_barbara on Sep 23, 10 1:49 AM
I have the same problem - there are errors messages:
1. ERROR LOADING XACT SETTINGS FILE
2. CSound Engine: Init() failed to initialize XACT Engine
3. Csound Engine: Add AudioBank (char *fileName) unabe to load wave bank
4. Csound Engine: Add AudioBank (char *fileName) unabe to create Sound Bank
and then it started - I can choose language, there are some commercial screens and then the screen becomes black
I've tried to uninstall and then install again but there is the same

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Sep 23, 10 2:43 AM
I tried this game on the home-site when it came out and I didn´t get exactly the same error message but another one (which I can´t remember ) but the result was that I didn´t have no sound either and when I exited I had to restart my computer.

I´m glad I read this before I tried it here...

SuzanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SuzanneB on Sep 23, 10 5:30 AM
Getting the same error message as well. And then I followed the instuctions given at the beginning of this Forum and downloaded an update of Direx X and it plays well.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 5:43:13 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 23, 10 5:50 AM
I have the newest Direct X and it loaded and played fine. There should be an option to load Direct X as the game is loading.

[Post New]by IslandDaisy on Sep 23, 10 7:38 AM
Graphics are shaky and so is the sound. Shame you cannot move anymore than one step at a time except via jetpack. Sometimes no visual though can come back upon restarting game. Had an error at the end of 4th level though I think that's enough of the game for me.

[Post New]by nagelne on Sep 23, 10 8:42 AM
loads fine. But its all in spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 23, 10 10:49 AM
(Nageine: On the first page that comes up, you were supposed to choose your language.)
The game loaded fine for me; I downloaded all the directX updates that were supplied at the beginning of the game. However, when I went into options to turn down the sound and music, when I turned down the sound, the button disappeared and thereafter, when I clicked during the game, I heard a static sound.
Otherwise, the game played fine (within the limits of my personal mole-digging inadequacies!)

Grannynoo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by Grannynoo on Sep 23, 10 12:18 PM
gmac1007 wrote:When I tried to open the game I got an error message XACT sound engine failed to initialize XACT engine CSound engine Add Audio Bank (char *filename) unable to load wave bank unable to create sound bank. I click play and it goes to this message then the screen blinks turns white and nothing I open task manager it says game is running. This is a new one on me I've never had this type of message before and all of my other games are working fine I just updated my directx my husband is a i.t tech so he keeps my computer updated at all times. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !

Having the same problem as above. I downloaded the Direct X as requested but still get the blank screen. Have to open task manager to get out. Also I'm now down to 54 min. and still haven't been able to get into the game.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Sep 23, 10 12:28 PM
ya know, reading these reviews saves me soooo much time. Thanks for being so honest fishies!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 23, 10 2:10 PM
Does not work for me either. I accepted the Direct-X download but it said I had a higher version already so it was not needed.
I got the error messages mentioned already and then one that came right to the point

This game will not play on your computer - shader model 2.0 or higher needed.

Oh well. Not even worth writing to CS about.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Sep 23, 10 3:47 PM
I'm getting access code violations . . . shuts down between levels.

Uninstall . . . .

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Sep 23, 10 5:52 PM
anna_barbara wrote:I have the same problem - there are errors messages:
and then it started - I can choose language, there are some commercial screens and then the screen becomes black

I have the exact same problem, Anna. I even uninstalled and did the re-install. Thank you for copying all the error messages down so we don't have to.

I will go to the help pages, but I don't see why we have to investigate the problem, when it should have been "bug-free" when it was put out there.

[Post New]by zeldalaw on Sep 23, 10 9:12 PM
anna_barbara wrote:I have the same problem - there are errors messages:

Same here. I did install the updated DirectX when that screen came up during installation, but I still got the same error messages as above (thanks for posting all of the info!) and it got to the same point as Anna before I got the black screen of nothingness.

[Post New]by ronnievanzant13 on Sep 24, 10 6:58 AM
glad i didint buy it...took it off both of my new computers..
when you guys make it better let me know,,,nothing but trouble with it like the last few posts here

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Sep 24, 10 9:28 PM
My problem is different than the others listed here. It loads, it plays the music but on the screen after choosing the language the signs (play, options, exit) are all blank. I had to guess which one was EXIT to jump out of the game.

rebeccal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccal on Sep 25, 10 7:38 AM
I'm also having the problem where I only get a white screen and have to use task manager to exit. I downloaded directx as asked. I don't even get the option to choose a language that a lot of others are talking about. Did anyone find a fix for this? I loved World Mosaics and since this is similar, I think I would really like this one as well.

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 7:39:40 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Sep 25, 10 5:56 PM
I have re-downloaded the game and it still crashes right after the first level. This game has been around a long time on the Internet. You would think the developers would have gotten rid of these show-stopping bugs by now.

[Post New]by kurtpaco on Sep 26, 10 8:58 AM
I also have the error message. Does anyone know is the game actualy worth the time I am spending trying to get it to run?

Go to: