Car chase = ridiculous.

[Post New]by snowdancr_14 on Sep 23, 10 3:50 AM
I was all for giving this game a chance, even after FINALLY getting through the park/policeman maze thanks only to an online walthrough, which didn't actually mention the one helpful trick, but I lost it at the car chase puzzle (ironically, also where my demo ended). I probably wasted the last 10 minutes of my precious demo hour on trying to navigate the car with BACKWARDS arrow directions. I'm sorry, but no matter how well the puzzle is explained it's still nearly impossibly to ignore normal directions that are INGRAINED in you: left means left, right means right, up is up, and down is down. My fingers aren't going to remember to reverse every one of those directions in a panic moment during a high-pressure puzzle, they're going to revert to muscle memory, which is completely the opposite of what will end up helping me navigate the car. I'm also disappointed in the lack of options when it comes to pausing and moving around between game menus, especially during a puzzle. If there are ways of doing so, they aren't very clear. I'm not sure what audience the creators had in mind in reference to game operation, but I think they missed the mark.

I'm actually sad I won't get to see the story through.

Re:Car chase = ridiculous.

[Post New]by Ichigo_Knight on Oct 21, 10 8:19 AM
I totally agree with your thoughts on the car chase. I never even got to actually start it on the demo though, since I spent something like 23 minutes screaming at the policeman in the park chase. I had to get my older brother to help with the car chase when I bought the game.
But all games have their flaws, right? even though I don't understand the controls for the car chase

[Post New]by luveyfluffy on May 19, 11 12:58 PM
i can't do it either, wishing I hadn't bought the game, but I do like the concept!! Anyway I have to hand my 5yr old son, so I am going to get him to do it for me!!!

[Post New]by luveyfluffy on May 19, 11 1:24 PM
haha! he cant do it either, so I am going to have to carry on trying to do it!! very frustrated!

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jul 2, 11 12:18 AM
Took me a few tries, but I got it finally. It's more about what path you take than anything. And I don't know what your meaning by reversed controls...you use the arrow keys and if you down, your car moves down on the screen...if you press right your car turns in that direction. Maybe the confusion is that your trying to press up to move forward? I guess I could see that, but just press in the direction you want the car to move.

Go to: