stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

[Post New]by stevieferr on Sep 23, 10 4:18 AM
Played 9 minutes and already had enough,stupid storyline awful graphics and mistakes like you collect things from your crashed boat[where the hell did the stepladder come from lol] you go away and then when you come back to collect more things they are back again just a case of lazy workmanship..AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE FULL PRICE FOR THIS..........its not a collectors edition unless its the rubbish collection dont waste your money.if you havent already done it buy the Edgar Alan Poe one its brilliant

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 23, 10 4:34 AM
Have to agree with you about The Black Cat, what a great game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 23, 10 5:56 AM
I am disappointed that a premium game does not play widescreen here so I wont be buying.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 23, 10 9:23 AM
govegril wrote:I am disappointed that a premium game does not play widescreen here so I wont be buying.

Well, I did, I didn't demo it Should have done that, because I wouldn't have bought it had I known...
I am going to write to CS tonight, see what they can come up with.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 23, 10 9:30 AM
I really liked this game. I hope CS can solve your problem, Catghost, because they are great (they helped me yesterday too to solve my download problem)

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 23, 10 10:38 AM
I usually don't like HOGs but this one really got my interest going so I bought it. Now I'm back in the sub and I have to guess the code on the door to open it. There are only so many ways to put 4 numbers and I just can't for the life of me figure this one out, even with the walkthrough???

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Sep 23, 10 10:42 AM
I enjoyed this game. Full screen mode, intriguing, Loved the bonus feature too.

espozito
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by espozito on Sep 23, 10 10:43 AM
hannah57 wrote:I usually don't like HOGs but this one really got my interest going so I bought it. Now I'm back in the sub and I have to guess the code on the door to open it. There are only so many ways to put 4 numbers and I just can't for the life of me figure this one out, even with the walkthrough???

It is very easy puzzle. When you press right number it will be colored green =)

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 23, 10 11:27 AM
Catghost wrote:
govegril wrote:I am disappointed that a premium game does not play widescreen here so I wont be buying.

Well, I did, I didn't demo it Should have done that, because I wouldn't have bought it had I known...
I am going to write to CS tonight, see what they can come up with.

Hi, it was not full screen on my 22 inch monitor neither. I had to change my resolution manually to fill the wide screen. I have had to do that with a few games.

biomix

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Sep 23, 10 11:30 AM
Pegelgann been playing these games for years and can usually pick whether im going to like them,might give it a bit longer cos probably spoilt by the Black Cat game and also the new Drawn one before that but still think its a sloppy game where they keep using the same place to find objects and dont bother to remove the ones youve already found,worse of all are those where you have to find some of the same objects

espozito
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by espozito on Sep 23, 10 11:43 AM
stevieferr wrote:Pegelgann been playing these games for years and can usually pick whether im going to like them,might give it a bit longer cos probably spoilt by the Black Cat game and also the new Drawn one before that but still think its a sloppy game where they keep using the same place to find objects and dont bother to remove the ones youve already found,worse of all are those where you have to find some of the same objects

I think hog scenes should be interpret as mini-games. You are paid too much attention to the object order in this game and closed eyes on the total lack of logic in abstract Drawn (which is, btw, great with atmosphere, I agree, but without any logic - just bunch of good puzzles). I guess you just missed all the fun.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Sep 23, 10 11:44 AM
Well I do have to say when the game first started I thought oh boy what a cheesy game. I did keep playing anyway and I am so glad I did. I think it is a fantastic game and I am buying it. I will say that if I had not played at least half of the demo I would not have thought much of the game and I would not have purchased it.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 23, 10 10:04 PM
well i dunno. i played up til 9 min left and left with a certain amount of relief and a tiny bit of pleasure. to reiterate, i like a more challenging game with better graphics and i think the devs got lazy here, but that's just my opinion, which we all know, are like (fill in the blank: _______ ), cuz everybody has one.

loved the poe series, the mcf series, puppetshow, etc. didn't mind paying the former price of 19.95 for them at all. this one doesn't rate the same in my book, no buy for me now, maybe even later on sale. looks like i hafta wait for my personal gratification....

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Sep 23, 10 10:48 PM
I've got a 19inch screen and it was full screen for me.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Sep 24, 10 9:04 AM
While I don't think this game is "a load of rubbish" I do believe it's not up to Collector Edition standards. I was disappointed to find no extras like wallpapers, soundtracks, screensavers or concept art (except for finding the book with the concept art for the next game). I didn't even use the walkthrough. The hint system is so easy the walkthrough wasn't needed. Even the bonus chapter didn't last very long....about an hour or half an hour.
Oh well, one disappointment in all the collector's editions isn't so bad.

tweetis53
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by tweetis53 on Sep 11, 12 11:41 AM
sorry you find this game RUBBISH! I bought the collector edtion n game is awsome!

Go to: