emcarlo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

What door? Help please!

[Post New]by emcarlo on Sep 23, 10 7:47 AM
I am still in the study. I've done everything I should, inc pressing the books correctly. Now it says "Click on the closed door" -- Where is the door? Do I need to find the right shelf of books. No door is obvious. I'm only in the first scene. This does portend well for the rest of the game. AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH

FishFriend
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:What door? Help please!

[Post New]by FishFriend on Sep 23, 10 8:15 PM
The door is in the wall behind the desk. Sorry, I've demo'd a few games since I did this one - I can't remember if you have to do anything special to get the secret panel to open.
Did you check to see if there's a walkthrough up for this game yet? That might help with your problem.

emcarlo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by emcarlo on Sep 24, 10 5:53 AM
Thanks. I've been following the walkthrough to the letter. I guess I'll have to create new profile and start over. I know how critical it can be to do things in the correct order. Thanks again.

emcarlo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by emcarlo on Sep 24, 10 8:30 AM
I have clicked on the entire wall of books. I am going to stand on my head next time, delete the game, and try for a refund. The Walkthrough says
Click on the closed door

It's all fiction. There is no door.

FishFriend
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by FishFriend on Sep 24, 10 10:48 AM
Oh dear ... You're really having a hard time with this one, aren't you?
The door IS there, really, I've found it

Maybe you're game has a glitch for some reason. Have you tried talking to someone from customer service? Maybe thay can help you to get it working properly.

Good luck, hope you make it through that darn door

emcarlo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by emcarlo on Sep 30, 10 10:31 AM
Thank you for not calling me stupid like one player did. I've moved on to another game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 30, 10 11:49 AM
This is a multipart puzzle.
You don't find the secret room until you know the combination to use on the books.

First find and place the four books into their slots.
Next find the 10 stone pieces and add them to the secret box that has appeared behind a panel at bottom left of screen.
Next place the 10 stone pieces on the lid of the box to complete the picture.
Finally take all the items out of the open box to see the first 3 digits of a 4-digit code. The 3 are random and the fourth is shown as a ?

Go in close to the middle set of 10 books and see that they are numbered.
You will also see the piece of paper you found in the box.
Click on the 3 numbers in the order on the paper then work your way through the rest, one at a time, until you find the fourth.

Go to: