bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 23, 10 9:59 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

bfgTigris

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 23, 10 11:13 AM
They sure sneaked this one in! This is very much a puzzle adventure, solving clues to progress.

hamogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by hamogram on Sep 24, 10 2:43 PM
Saw your comment about this game on another thread. Thanks for the heads up Mr Russ I've been having withdrawals looking for a new LFA to play!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 2:31 AM
This is the European name for the game. It's known as Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis in the US and UK.

Be aware that there is a plot branch late in the game and if you make the wrong choice the game will end prematurely. Follow the adventure game mantra and save often.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 25, 10 7:16 AM
I am so surprised to happen across this as it does not seem to have been promoted nor do I see it in the new games list yet!!

I have already played this game and highly recommend it! It is an intellectual battle of wits between protagonist and antagonist, without the darker and more evil theme of its predecessor, "The Awakened". It's more akin to the two great minds of Holmes and Moriarty, with a the goal of helping Holmes stop Lupin before he completes his goal. I always liked first person 360 degree movement, but that may not be for everyone.

It's been a dry spell, it seems, for new Large File Adventures, and I hope BFG will add more like these in the future and promote them for those of us who love this genre, and always look forward to new LFA's.

(Mr_Russ, I'm curious as to the premature ending, as I know I completed the game to a successful conclusion?)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 8:12 AM
At the end of your fourth treasure you have a choice of where to go.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 25, 10 8:36 AM
Thanks for that, Mr_Russ.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 25, 10 12:36 PM
Alas, 1pp 360....can't play. Looks like a good one too. Oh well.

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Sep 27, 10 9:05 PM
Maybe finding the game was part of the adventure and a present for the fish that are always on the look out for a new LFG?

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 5:56:29 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 5, 10 6:20 PM
Wow, this one slipped in under my radar. If I hadn't seen it mentioned over in CCC I never would have known it was here. I should be more aware of what turns up on the genre pages. I'm DLing it now. I have SH vs JTR on the way by mail. Now I'll have to decide which to play first.

Decisions, decisions...

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 6, 10 10:09 AM
Just curious why this game did not show up under the daily offering...... or did I miss it? I almost bought this game on another game site and am glad I didn't. It has really good reviews A+ on some sites. Also what are the genre pages? (pardon my stupidity). thanks.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 6, 10 10:11 AM
You didn't miss anything, mhatfie. It wasn't announced at all. One of my fishie friends spotted it and told me.

Re genre pages - I think there are screens of BFG-hosted games sorted by category (genre) like Hidden Object, Puzzle, Adventure, etc.

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 10:12:57 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 6, 10 10:35 AM
Re: genre pages, thank you Mr. Russ. It's something I look at sometimes and didn't think of it as genre pages. (duh). I always thought Big Fish announced all of their new games so I rarely go to the genre pages unless I have a specific game that I know of and want to purchase. Now I will go there more often. Can't wait to play this game. thanks again.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 6, 10 1:21 PM
mhatfie wrote:Re: genre pages, thank you Mr. Russ. It's something I look at sometimes and didn't think of it as genre pages. (duh). I always thought Big Fish announced all of their new games so I rarely go to the genre pages unless I have a specific game that I know of and want to purchase. Now I will go there more often. Can't wait to play this game. thanks again.

It felt like a "Duh" moment to me too since it didn't occur to me to look past the home page so don't feel alone.I too have now learned to dig a little deeper if only to check.
I'm guessing... but I can't help but wonder if not posting it on the home page had to do with 2 things...
1. It has no demo mode
2. Being such a large file if it was announced than there would be a great drain on their bandwidth at one time.

As I said....just guessing.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 7, 10 2:48 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:This is the European name for the game. It's known as Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis in the US and UK.

Be aware that there is a plot branch late in the game and if you make the wrong choice the game will end prematurely. Follow the adventure game mantra and save often.
Thanks for the reminder re saving often. Something I forget to do. I do hope that now I have signed up for the daily deal email, a super game like this will not miss me in the future.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Oct 7, 10 5:26 PM
Hey fishies, in defense of BFG, the original release date for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin was December 21, 2009. I happened upon it when searching for another Sherlock Holmes game after completing "The Awakening", my all time favorite Sherlock Holmes game.

I love this type of game! I love BFG and all the adorable fishies in this great big pond!

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Oct 7, 10 8:02 PM
has anyone else have problems with game. It freezes up on me at the down load tried twice.

[Post New]by 4244262 on Oct 8, 10 11:30 AM
I was unable to open the game. I have paid for it and I would like a credit

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 8, 10 11:33 AM
4244262 wrote:I was unable to open the game. I have paid for it and I would like a credit
Use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with BFG CS.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Oct 9, 10 12:59 AM
I WOULD BE PLAYED IT BECAUSE I DO NOT 360 PERSON BECAUSE IT WILL SET MY FITS OFF SORRY

Go to: