bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 23, 10 10:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 11:32:05 AM PST

Tashi49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Can't get past the opening page

[Post New]by Tashi49 on Oct 9, 10 7:51 PM
I can'y even start this game. When it asked me if this is a new game andf I clieck yes it freezes and stays frozen indefintiely. I hd to buy this game, couldn't even try it and now I can't grt it to start...not good

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin technical issues here only

[Post New]by llesmay on Oct 9, 10 10:31 PM
I am having a hard time with movement one min it works all with a mouse the it goes to key play. also found book on desk and it does not reconize it or want to pick it up.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Oct 10, 10 5:52 AM
I cannot get the "PhysX" Driver to install. Time to talk to the Support Gang.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Oct 10, 10 9:37 AM
I have same problem as jaxxgirl and I emailed support team yesterday after I bought game.It was too bad that we didn't have a trial to check the game out before buying it.

OldLady50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by OldLady50 on Oct 10, 10 9:42 AM
First it didn't want to install, so I started over. Two tries later (install went longer than download) finally got it installed, then (as others have said in this forum) CANNOT GET PAST START PAGE! Had to hard reboot my computer. Now I see why there is no preview - no one would buy such an irritating game!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 11:15 AM
If you're having technical problems, use the green envelope to get in touch with BFG CS. There are no trials for large file adventure games. You'd need to look on the developer / publisher website for a demo.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 10, 10 2:37 PM
Has anyone played this without a problem?

I have had a lot of problems especially with big file games as they are usually older games.

I have windows 7 and nvidia video card - anyone bought this game and have windows 7 and have problems (or not) ?

i12byoung
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by i12byoung on Oct 10, 10 3:58 PM
The tape measure will not measure the size of the footprints. I've tried twice now (new games both times) and because it won't measure I am stuck. I've tried click on all the footprints in the close up in case that was it, but nothing happens. Please help or fix - thanks!

[Post New]by justhandleit on Oct 10, 10 5:03 PM
My biggest problem so far is how do you get out of the game? I get the screen with the room and then the street but I couldn't find a menu anywhere so I could exit the game. I had to C ALT DEL to close the game. Will this game be fixed?

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Oct 10, 10 7:10 PM
jaxxgirl wrote:I cannot get the "PhysX" Driver to install. Time to talk to the Support Gang.

Yep, same here. I didn't want to reload it (VERY long loading time) until I came here to check to see if there was a reason and remedy posted.

I'm also sorry that there wasn't a trial version before I bought it. But the video clip looked good so I went ahead and purchased it.

Help, please?

azhigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by azhigh on Oct 10, 10 10:50 PM
I installed the game, worked fine until I got to the Tower of London. Then the mouse became erratic and slow. I check my video card, etc., like they said on help pages. Why would this happen all of a sudden at this part of the game? I am enjoying playing, have gotten this far. Any suggestions??

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 11, 10 2:31 AM
Hi fishies,

An update for anyone receiving the PhysX error:

The game 'Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin' requires a specific version of the program 'Nvidia PhysX' to run. If you have a newer version installed or do not accept the installation when prompted, you will receive the above error message.

To solve this, be sure to follow the steps below after the game has been installed. If you have uninstalled the game in the meantime, please reinstall it before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps. If you come across the PhysX install during the game installation, simply cancel it.

For Windows XP users:

1. Open the ‘Start’ menu.
2. Select ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
3. Find and select the program 'Nvidia PhysX' > click the ‘Change/Remove’ button.

Once complete, go to the following folder location on your C: drive:
C:\Program Files\Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin\PhysX
Please double click on the PhysX application to install it.

For Windows Vista/Win7 users:

1. Open the Start menu and select ‘Control Panel.’
2. Under ‘Programs and Features,’ click ‘Uninstall a program.’
3. Find and select the program 'Nvidia PhysX' > click the ‘Uninstall’ icon. (In Win 7 it is on top of the list)

Once complete, go to the following folder location on your C: drive:
C:\Program Files\Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin\PhysX
Please double click on the PhysX application to install it.

After completing the above steps, you should be able to start the game without the error message .

If you continue to have trouble I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. We definitely want you to be able to play your game!

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Oct 11, 10 6:35 AM
I got the "fatal error" too, twice, since I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have an NVidia graphics card but I think the problem is not hardware related. I went to the FAQs at NVidia where I found a solution that fixed my problem:

"This is not a PhysX issue. Many installers from several other software vendors are experiencing the same problem with Vista.

In the mean time you can download the driver to your desktop, and create a shortcut to it by right clicking on the file and selecting "create shortcut". Then right click on the shortcut, then properties. At the end of the target line add the line "/quiet". This will put the installer in silent mode and will ignore any errors the OS is returning. Please ensure that the command line "/quiet" is at the very end of the target line."

There should be an additional instruction at the end: double click on the shortcut to install PhysX (details!). And my PC did run on and on after I did that, without saying the installation was complete. I suggest waiting a decent amount of time then reboot and try the game.

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Oct 11, 10 11:40 AM
Speaking of details (and lack thereof), the URL for the PhysX driver from NVidia is:

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 2:36:26 PM PST

[Post New]by lindalarson2007 on Oct 13, 10 2:26 PM
When I get to the Tower of London and I have to retrieve blue items, I only get an eye to look at the item and I cannot pick it up. I can pick up other items in the rooms; no problem. What am I doing wrong?

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

Can't get past the opening page

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Oct 18, 10 4:16 AM
Tashi49 wrote:I can'y even start this game. When it asked me if this is a new game andf I clieck yes it freezes and stays frozen indefintiely. I hd to buy this game, couldn't even try it and now I can't grt it to start...not good

the same thing happened to me, so i uninstalled and then downloaded it again from my purchase history and now it works perfectly!! hope this helps

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 18, 10 5:29 AM
lindalarson2007 wrote:When I get to the Tower of London and I have to retrieve blue items, I only get an eye to look at the item and I cannot pick it up. I can pick up other items in the rooms; no problem. What am I doing wrong?
You need to talk to the guard about his stolen tobacco and find out about the bird that likes blue before you can pick up the blue items. This is not a technical problem.

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on Oct 21, 10 3:02 AM
Is it possible to change the screen size on this game?

Can you change the cursor back to using "your own" cursor?

I have only had around 10 minutes play time, but it already feels very cumbersome, slow and not the easiest to get round.

Thanks

[Post New]by rebob777 on Oct 22, 10 5:51 PM
Game does not autostart from New Game. I had to click on the logo at the lower right to get it going. Then I played the game a while and decided to save it. Alas, ESC does not work. ESC is totally ignored. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it from the save download stub. It downloaded/reinstalled after many minutes and then uninstalled Physx. I had to uninstall again and reinstall. PhysX was reinstalled (More minutes wasted). I started a new game and got to the point of Watson going to the book store. I tried ESC to save the game there but it did not work. I guess I'll have to go to tech support.

I Found that Zone Alarm Program settings affected this problem.In Zone Alarm Pro I set game.exe for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin to Super (Three green bars) and checked Access and Server across the board. The only unchecked box is Send Mail. The game starts without intervention and the main menu is accessible with ESC.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 6:19:19 PM PST

Go to: