nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

SPOILERS - Only read if you've COMPLETED the game!!!

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 23, 10 12:14 PM

Okay I feel stupid about this...

I've finished the game, and I really enjoyed it, but I didn't understand the last plotline sequence of the cutscene.

(I made it white text below so click and drag to reveal the text below)

=====SPOILERS=======
We see Angel attack the guy in the boat, but he didn't remember it. Did it actually happen? Did she kill him? So was he a zombie before she killed him? Was he a zombie at the end of the game? Or was the whole thing a dream?
=====SPOILERS=======

Someone please explain this... it all made sense until the very end! (Stupid plot twists!)

espozito
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by espozito on Sep 23, 10 12:32 PM
nixyseven wrote:SPOILERS - Only read if you've COMPLETED the game!!!

Okay I feel stupid about this...

I've finished the game, and I really enjoyed it, but I didn't understand the last plotline sequence of the cutscene.

(I made it white text below so click and drag to reveal the text below)

=====SPOILERS=======
We see Angel attack the guy in the boat, but he didn't remember it. Did it actually happen? Did she kill him? So was he a zombie before she killed him? Was he a zombie at the end of the game? Or was the whole thing a dream?
=====SPOILERS=======

Someone please explain this... it all made sense until the very end! (Stupid plot twists!)

This is how i got it. She tried to kill him - he fell out the boat - blood got onto altar - god of the altar changed him into reptile - he got at the shore without knowing that he was changed and without any memory of what happened - so he goes for a search of his girl. At the end he remembered everything and saw himself in the reflection.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:SPOILERS - Only read if you've COMPLETED the game!!!

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 23, 10 12:59 PM
It says "spoiler" at the top of the page, and in the post. The Mods say that is all we have to do.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Sep 23, 10 1:00 PM
Well it did say SPOILER DONT READ - didnt it? As I read your post you sound preatty angry? Well I will say you were fairly warned...

espozito
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by espozito on Sep 23, 10 7:25 PM
elldee2728 wrote:THANKS A LOT espozito--you should post this in a separate thread for SPOILERS! But then maybe you don't know any better! Perhaps the Mods can educate you.

Duh! You really should read subject of the discussion before clicking on it.

lavifa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lavifa on Sep 23, 10 8:06 PM
hahaha!!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 23, 10 9:03 PM

Tee Hee!, Now I'm spoilt and I don't even need to buy the game...I'm so thankful!

(Hint, I wasn't going to buy it anyway as horror isn't my cuppa - I didn't get "Hookman", either)

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 10:09:32 PM PST

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 24, 10 8:04 AM
espozito wrote:
This is how i got it. She tried to kill him - he fell out the boat - blood got onto altar - god of the altar changed him into reptile - he got at the shore without knowing that he was changed and without any memory of what happened - so he goes for a search of his girl. At the end he remembered everything and saw himself in the reflection.

Oh. Um. Do we have any idea WHY she tried to kill him? Or are we just assuming she's an evil cow?

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 24, 10 7:08 PM
Does anyone have a spoiler for the bonus game? I'd love to know how he got to the lighthouse and if he got rescued in the end. Apparently some people have been lucky enough to have cut scenes and some of us are missing them.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Sep 24, 10 7:33 PM
I had cutscenes and this is why I was reading this spoiler as I had just completed the game and didn't get it. LOL. I didn't get the bonus section cutscenes either. I guess u could say I'm altogether confused. I thought the game was fun and my cuppa. LOL. BUT, when u don't understand the story line.... It detracts. The cutscenes for the bonus section didn't show whether he was rescued. The cutscenes showed a boat pulling in. Maybe the boat he was exploring and this is how the boat got there??? I'm confused.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 24, 10 7:39 PM
I found the game disappointing mostly because the story was confusing. Even after reading the explanation here, it's difficult to ascribe motive to Angela. Are we just to assume she's a descendant of the first mess back in 1919 and, if so how does that all tie in with our 'hero's' death now? It's all a muddle to me.

If we're going to pay the collector's edition prices, please, please make it worth it by giving us some clarity, okay?

The game was a good length and my only other 'grudge' was all the running around; I felt it detracted from the game, rather than added to it. For folks whose computers might be a tad short on visual ram, the running around eats it up fast. While that is not an issue for me, it could cause frequent crashing for others as they move further into the game.

Also, I confess, the horror genre is my least favorite one so that does give me some bias as I review the game. Those who enjoy the genre will likely also enjoy the game more.

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 7:41:10 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Sep 24, 10 8:38 PM
Read The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H.P. Lovecraft.

This game doesn't follow the story exactly, but the influences are VERY clear.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 25, 10 7:29 AM
elldee2728 wrote:THANKS A LOT espozito--you should post this in a separate thread for SPOILERS! But then maybe you don't know any better! Perhaps the Mods can educate you.

[Post New]by knitacatbasket on Sep 25, 10 3:56 PM
I think that she tried to kill him in the beginning because she was after the treasure.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 25, 10 5:34 PM
biomix wrote:

Wha happened LOL Hi biomix

[Post New]by knitacatbasket on Sep 25, 10 6:55 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
biomix wrote:

Wha happened LOL Hi biomix

Someone let the trolls out

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Sep 25, 10 9:35 PM
sonofstar wrote:Does anyone have a spoiler for the bonus game? I'd love to know how he got to the lighthouse and if he got rescued in the end. Apparently some people have been lucky enough to have cut scenes and some of us are missing them.

Same here I had all the cut scenes through out the whole game then finished the Bonus chapter & all I got was a black screen with skip at the bottom....

How did it end?

Abbey

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Sep 27, 10 12:41 PM
same for me as for Akaabbey, I saw every other cut scene but the one at the end of the bonus chapter. I have contacted CS.

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Sep 27, 10 5:35 PM

holy cow..now I'm really confused !!! oh well..lol

katmandan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by katmandan on Sep 27, 10 9:16 PM
All I got at the end of the bonus game was a blank screen with "skip" also. I'd like to know if this is the way it was supposed to be or what?

(P.S. Don't tell elldee2728.)

Go to: