I keep getting and error on career mode.

[Post New]by nitroglyc on Sep 23, 10 6:48 PM
it is telling me Error: Access 0xffff06cd

Lets me play freestyle, but not career... any suggestions?

minmu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:I keep getting and error on career mode.

[Post New]by minmu on Oct 4, 10 6:04 AM
Good news: I know what is going on.
Bad news: I can't fix it.

The problem is with the opening "movie" needed to begin Career Mode. When Flash updated to version 10.1, it became incompatible with some older games. Wandering Willows, for example, has posted a patch to deal with the problem. Unfortunately, there has not been a patch/update posted for Winemaker Extraordinaire and we can't play career mode until there is. I considered trying to roll back my version of Flash, but then it causes some problems with some newer games.

[Post New]by jjw2501 on Oct 17, 10 8:49 PM
I got this game from reflexive some time ago and I have been trying to replay it for months now, but could not get past the stinkin access violation. I have looked up and down the internet for a solution and nothing worked...until now. I created an account here simply to say a HUGE "thank you" to TuffTadpoles for your solution!!! My game works again and I am very happy now. Thank you a million times TuffTadpoles!

[Post New]by sirandrew2 on Dec 19, 10 6:34 AM
I have tried to remove the cutscene folder and have tried to rename it but windows keeps putting it back upon start up and therefore will not let me play career mode. Any suggestions on how to stop windows from doing this?

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 6:58:05 AM PST

[Post New]by girasol44 on Apr 14, 11 1:41 PM
Hello everyone,

Like others on here, my copy of Winemaker crashes when I try to play in career mode.
Some have said that a "fix" has worked for them, but I can't find it anywhere on the forums, or anywhere else on the Internet for that matter.
Can anyone tell me where this "fix" is? Maybe "Tufftadpoles" can? Or any suggestions on how to make this game work?

I tried running it in Windows XP compatibility mode, but it wasn't any help. I also tried renaming the "cutscenes" folder but then Windows wouldn't let me start the game at all.

Thanks so much, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 14, 11 1:44 PM
Hey girasol44,

You may want to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with this information so that our reps can best help you with the crashing of the game. Feel free to send in as much information that might help, including a screenshot and a Dr. Felix report. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by lohoko on Sep 16, 11 10:15 PM
I have same problem. Please help.

grmf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by grmf on Sep 25, 11 10:55 AM
Delete the content of the folder cutscenes .
There are only 2 files opening_cs and ending_cs.
Works for me.

[Post New]by dianaincognito on Oct 2, 11 6:26 AM
grmf wrote:Delete the content of the folder cutscenes .
Works for me.

To grmf: Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!!!!!!! Your fix worked!!!! (yay!)

Winemaker Extraordinaire is one of my favorite games and could only play it in 'free' mode, not career mode, for weeks now. I've owned the game for several years and still play it --- such an aesthetically pleasing game (and fun, too!).

To the other individuals who are having the same problem. I, too, tried to run it in Windows XP mode, etc., etc. No luck. I have a 64-bit system running Vista Home Premium (I really dislike Vista --- ugh! --- worst OS ever!).

Anywho .... as grmf stated - delete the "contents" of the cutscene folder. Not the folder plus contents ... just the contents. Open the folder and individually delete the 2 files within the folder. The opening and closing cutscene files --- there are only 2 files in that folder. Delete those two files and VOILA!!! You should now be able to play Career Mode.

I do miss the beginning and ending scenes as it does make the game 'whole' but if you can't play the game at all ... this is better than nothing. Due to the recent flash update, the game now requires a patch/fix to play those cutscenes. Hopefully, one will be coded and available to all of us soon so we can play the full game with the cutscenes as intended. For now, this will have to do as Freeplay mode gets boring quite quickly.

Thanks, again, to grmf!!!!!!!!

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Nov 26, 11 4:14 PM
grmf--

YOU ROCK!
windows 7 , here and we are now starting a new career in winemaking!!

Thanks so much.

[Post New]by artstar on Dec 3, 11 8:01 AM
does anyone know how to fix this for a mac?

[Post New]by sweetmyne on Jan 1, 12 7:36 PM
grmf wrote:Delete the content of the folder cutscenes .
Works for me.

awesome. and i didn't have to revert back to a previous flash player

[Post New]by nancymcclements on Mar 24, 12 7:01 PM
renaming or deleted these two files does not work. My copy of game puts them back to original. Is there an update/patch some place. I just bought they game and I can not play it and I can not bring it back to the store because I opened it.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jun 30, 12 9:07 AM
I noticed on installation that it tried to install Adobe Flash Player and then said that the version it was trying to install was older than the version currently installed on my computer.
I went to Adobe site and updated Flashplayer. Then when I tried to play the game the Access Violation came in again
"Error: Access violation at 0xFFFF0533 (tried to read from 0xFFFF0533), program terminated. "
Solution:
I uninstalled/ removed the latest version of Flash player and then reinstalled Winemaker . The flash installation (an older version 10.0.22.87 dated June 2009) installed but a message came up to say that I should check for a recent version.

Started the program and it ran. Now I wonder how many other games and other programs will not run because the flash player is too old. I guess I will have to give up watching any youtube videos until I update again.

Bigfish, this is not acceptable that one should have to retrograde ones computer just for a game that should not have been written that way in the first place.
Or do we blame Adobe for not getting it right in the first place and not maintaining compatibility with older programs as they update the hell out of flash player.

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 7:04:20 PM PST

[Post New]by elkebaby on Jul 24, 12 7:09 PM
I have a new Windows 7 computer & I tried deleting the file, and it kept adding it back. Finally, I opened the game, changed it from full screen so I could go back and delete the file. THEN it worked for me.

[Post New]by fish4jon on Jan 30, 13 7:08 PM
THANKS SOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRMF - You're THE BEST!!!!!!!!! This is the ONLY THING THAT WORKED!!!

I've wanted to replay this game FOR OVER A YEAR and couldn't play in career mode!!!!!!

You're the BEST GRMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Baszeke on Mar 18, 13 1:27 PM
You ARE THE BEST GUY EVER grmf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by sarah7788 on Jun 29, 13 7:01 PM
I am having the same problem in career mode but tried the tip after reading GRMF post and this worked

thanks so much

[Post New]by KRYBSB on Jul 31, 13 6:05 PM
if anyone can help me, how do I delete the cut folder, I have no idea where to go or what to do, thank you in advance if anyone can help me.

[Post New]by tweetybird_18428 on Sep 11, 14 2:51 PM
Still getting it and i downloaded the new version.

Go to: