level 19 is driving me

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Nov 14, 08 10:10 PM
I can't get it done in time allowed. Anyone help? I just get the 3 cultivators and I'm out of time

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:level 19 is driving me

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 15, 08 5:57 AM
One strategy that works is to build the farm by the pond, then a lumber mill by the turret thing, staffing the farm with the merchant and the defender. Lumber is really important here to get enough for the upgrades so you want to make sure you staff it and upgrade it a couple of times.

You don't need gems along the way, so ignore the mine at first. You eventually want to destroy the lumber mill by the pond to build a mine there but it upgrades really fast so leave it until you've gotten through at least two farm upgrades.

Put as many scholars as you can on the farm (just so you can keep workers on lumber). I've had 3 at a time on the farm to get past the really long upgrade . . .

Switch them over to the mine then, filling it with scouts at the last minute to meet your goal.

Hope this helps at least a little--so hard to give a decent guide to this because there are so many variations and possibilities!!

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Nov 15, 08 2:40 PM
I appreciate your help but that didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's maddening when you buy a game and get stuck so early. Any more suggestions. Thank you.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 15, 08 3:31 PM
Okay, this is as step by step as I can, with an even different strategy. I can finish in just over 5 minutes so it should allow plenty o' time.

Use worker to build farm in open space by pond.

Buy a scout.

Place merchant and defender at mill by pond for now.

Scout's now ready, have him start digging for money.

When farm is ready, buy another worker and have him build a lumber mill by the silo.

Move the defender to the farm and buy a scholar for the farm.

Lumber mill should be ready, leave a worker there, add a defender, another worker and a merchant (adding workers to the farm as needed to allow for the extra people)

Upgrade the farm to one star as soon as it's ready. Add a second scholar as soon as you can.

You should be close to having 700 coins by now, when you do, move a worker from the lumber mill to the mine, destroy the mine and build a market there.

When it's done, move/add 2 merchants and a defender there. Convert money to wood to keep upgrading the farm.

You should be able to add a third scholar to the farm.

When the scout finishes digging, add him to the lumber mill.

When the farm hits 3 stars, go ahead and destroy the lumber mill by the pond, take a worker from the lumber mill by the silo and build a mine by the pond.

Upgrade the farm to 4 stars, move all scholars (plus a new defender) to the mine, order up 3 cultivators, selling off workers from the mill as you need to for room for the cultivators.

While the cultivators are in process, order up 2 more scouts as well (converting lumber to cash as needed)

Upgrade the mine as it becomes ready, then when it reaches 3 stars, sell off the scholars and replace it with your 3 scouts.

[Post New]by sjp9956 on Jan 11, 09 9:21 AM
where do i get the cultivators?? i can get all the other tasks but can't find the cultivators

Go to: