bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White! September 24, 2010.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 24, 10 4:28 PM
Hello all.

We've just released a critical updated version of the game that should fix the majority of issues users have been experiencing including the following:

*A black bar message appearing if the player clicks on the gate at the graveyard and there is unfinished business

*Enlarged hotspot for placing the faucet handle in the bathroom

*Clock puzzle “eating” inventory items

*Game not resuming at various locations and while a zoom in is active

*Game crashing should also be resolved for many users

To get this new version, simply uninstall and reinstall the game. After uninstalling and reinstalling, you'll need to create a new player profile for the new version to take effect!

Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you continue to experience issues with this game particularly the game crashing, please contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 4:41:55 PM PST

mawmaw46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White! September 24, 2010.

[Post New]by mawmaw46 on Sep 24, 10 6:38 PM
I Still can't get the painting to work properly. I went through it with no problem and then after all this trouble with the program, I can't get past the painting. Any ideas? I have deleted a lot of my games to see if that may have been causing the problem. No help at all.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White! September 24, 2010.

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Sep 24, 10 6:54 PM
Pretty extensive list of rather severe faults.

Have installed the update via Game Manager. Lady in White now crashes straight out. Previously ran OK but couldn't leave the graveyard.

Perhaps a manual uninstall followed by a third download might do the trick.

[Post New]by celticmist62 on Sep 24, 10 7:30 PM
I did an uninstall through Windows and then installed the game fresh, starting a new game profile. I was able to play the game all the way through, evening saving it and picking it up later right where I left off.

[Post New]by luvlbi on Sep 24, 10 7:34 PM
I uninstalled and then installed Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White and it still is messed up. I have had the same issue that others have had with leaving the game and not being able to get back to the same locaion and having to play from the beginning. Now, after having unistalled and then installed it again, I am having trouble getting through the gate at the cemetery. I am thoroughly disgusted with this game. It has way too many problems compared to other games I have purchased from BFG.

[Post New]by Alisonext on Sep 24, 10 8:21 PM
I was really enjoying this game up to the point of not being able to get through the gate. I see from other people's experiences that there is no point in downloading and installing the "fix". Are you going to give us our game credits back for this game? I would be happy to purchase it in the future after you have things worked out. Thanks!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 24, 10 9:23 PM
If you uninstall/reinstall with the new update and create a new profile, this means you have to start all over again??? What about the people that almost got to the end of the game just to discover that the clock ate our hammer? We don't want to start all over again.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 25, 10 4:54 AM
worse than it was before
all im getting is a mostly white screen
i think its time i put in for a refund
a nice game
but in my opion a dud

[Post New]by gekkegerritje on Sep 25, 10 6:12 AM
I just bought the game, installed it and.....nothing happens.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but still no result.
I never have experienced this before at Big Fish games, and are very disappointed.
Pleas give me advise how to be able to play this game.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 25, 10 6:22 AM
It's fixed. Took awhile with lots of frustration, but with the new fix I was able to complete the game. Thanks Big Fish for working hard to get this game working .

rlcc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rlcc on Sep 25, 10 6:47 AM
Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, lather, rinse, repeat.
Still won't even start. I get a window, then it goes right back to my desktop.
I'm done.

relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by relzzup on Sep 25, 10 7:11 AM
rlcc wrote:Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, lather, rinse, repeat.
Still won't even start. I get a window, then it goes right back to my desktop.
I'm done.

relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by relzzup on Sep 25, 10 7:15 AM
This is the last game I buy from BFG, I have never experienced such a mess. I have uninstalled, re-installed about 4 times even the "new vs 9/22" and did the same thing further along in the game, now I see they have another "new" version. My thing is do I have to go all thru the game again with the thought of it crashing just about the end. Forget it BFG, I want my money back and you lost a good customer.
relzzup

[Post New]by gluckstadt on Sep 25, 10 7:17 AM
Ok BFG. I uninstalled and reinstalled this game with the new release September 24 as you suggested.

How can it be that this game runs fine one day and will not open the next???????

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Sep 25, 10 7:58 AM
I got the update in my games manager - for the 1st time today, never got the last one - and still can't get through the gate - the only change was that instead of a message saying 'there is nothing left to do here' it states 'there is still something to do here'...or something similar - can't finish this game. I'll just ask for a credit - still love - schtuff happens - don't you know.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 8:10 AM
Are you still trying to play an earlier game?
You can't. You have to create a new profile and start again.

1grandma4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 1grandma4 on Sep 25, 10 8:22 AM
I have done as the others have done and I can't finish either, i am in the gazebo and i want to finish this game, if the only way to play this game is to start from beginning, i want a refund. It took me long enough to get to where i am and i want a refund, this is not the only game i have problems with.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 8:25 AM
After uninstalling and reinstalling, you'll need to create a new player profile for the new version to take effect!
Use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with CS if you want a refund.

[Post New]by dhscsa on Sep 25, 10 9:13 AM
I've Uninstalled and Reinstalled and still can't get the game to even start. Let alone create a new profile. This needs fixed.

[Post New]by ding693035 on Sep 25, 10 9:15 AM
I downloaded the update, but I still can't get the spool handle in the garden of flowers. it tells me there is nothing left to do here. I haven't even gotten to the gate yet (since I uninstalled and re-installed the game) Now what am I supposed to do?

I have started a new player and still can't get the spool handle! I have now uninstalled and re-installed this game 4 times!!!!

Every time I can't either get thru the gate or I can't get the spool handle

Help

Go to: