bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 24, 10 4:31 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 4:44:10 PM PST

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by Coachswife on Sep 24, 10 7:31 PM
I got as far as going through the bedroom window to the gazboo and the lake but had to get out of the game for dinner, when I went back it brought me to the beginning of the game and tells me there is nothing to do in each room and won't let me go through the bedroom window to get where I left off. Help, I've bought the game and I guess I could delete and start all over again but I don't really want to do this

[Post New]by thorpgirl on Sep 24, 10 9:26 PM
I am having the exact same problem as coachswife. Any suggestions?

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Coachswife on Sep 25, 10 8:18 AM
I deleted the game and thought this would help and downloaded it again, but this time it took 2 hours to download. the game came back to the same problem, I can't go to the next location which is the gazabo. I have bought this game and can't play it, This iis a rip off. Big Fish if you look at my account, you will see I have bought a lot of games, but if I an't get an answer to this problem, i won' t be buying any in the future. I'm a canadian so when I buy them I get the rate of exchange tacked on, its like throwing the money in the garbage. I need an answer. I already know the next game I want to buy but probably won't because of this problem

jenni40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jenni40 on Sep 25, 10 9:23 AM
uninstalled and reinstalled as advised under a new player profile - same problem - game does not load properly after you exit it - you remain in the basic map scenes and cannot reach other scenes again . I'm not going to go through the game again for a third time even if it ever does get fixed .

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 9:26 AM
You don't reinstall under a new profile. You have to start the game again under a new (player) profile.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 25, 10 9:27 AM
Coachswife wrote:I deleted the game and thought this would help and downloaded it again, but this time it took 2 hours to download. the game came back to the same problem, I can't go to the next location which is the gazabo. I have bought this game and can't play it, This iis a rip off. Big Fish if you look at my account, you will see I have bought a lot of games, but if I an't get an answer to this problem, i won' t be buying any in the future. I'm a canadian so when I buy them I get the rate of exchange tacked on, its like throwing the money in the garbage. I need an answer. I already know the next game I want to buy but probably won't because of this problem
You're not talking to BFG unless you use the green envelope.
If you read the first post in the UPDATE: New Version Available thread at the top of this forum you will see that you have to start the game again.
If you don't want to do this, use the green envelope to ask for a refund.

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 9:29:40 AM PST

prubell13
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by prubell13 on Sep 25, 10 12:02 PM
I am at the labrynth got to the doors and had to exit for a while when I got back to the game it went right back to the beginning but all the rooms say nothing to do here and I can't get down to the cellar or to the labrynth so what can I do?

xidcrikit
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by xidcrikit on Sep 25, 10 2:45 PM
OK maybe I may be a total idiot but have downloaded the update for Victorian Mysteries but it did not solve my problem. I still can't get back to the chapel and the gazebo. Any suggestions?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 25, 10 3:02 PM
Hello everyone,

Just popping in to let you know that if you've already updated to the new version but are still unable to progress in the game, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right for further assistance.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Midnte on Sep 25, 10 4:35 PM
Contacted customer tech support. From their response, I followed their instructions stating to Uninstall / Reinstall the game in order to get the newest updated version, then to "delete" my former profile in the game and start again with a new (player) profile.

In the previous version I at least made it thru the grave yard gate and onward to end up with the clock eating up my inventory under two different player profiles.

With the latest fix I'm now stuck in the grave yard like others who have the latest update and who also have both letters in the journal etc. I get the arrow pointing to go thru the gate, but can't. I keep getting the same message that "I've got unfinished business" in the grave yard, and that "there is nothing left to do here now" in the chapel and church yard.

Like everyone else, I'm getting very frustrated too. I don't even want to entertain the thought of having to start anew for the 4th time with what ...another new player profile?

BFG, please either finally come up with a fix that works for us all or refund us. I used my monthly punch card credit for this and regret it now. I had high hopes for this game, but it's now just plain annoying! This game should not have been released with so many problems. And yes, I will be contacting customer tech support AGAIN!

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 4:38:10 PM PST

[Post New]by doloresb on Sep 25, 10 5:02 PM
I am having the same issue. It's very frustrating. Has BFG come up with a proper fix other than reinstalling?

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Coachswife on Sep 25, 10 6:34 PM
Sorry fir venting before, followed the directions I was given, downloaded the game started with a new profile and play the game with no problems until I got to the labrinth, had to get out of the game (phone kept ringing) and when I went back in, it brought me back to the beginning. I am not starting this game a third time, I was probably a hour from finishing. Going to request a refund or exchange

soussic
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by soussic on Sep 25, 10 7:53 PM
I'm sorry, but all of you are talking about 2 letters or 4 letters

I think that you might talk about pieces of letter, in that case you need 6 pieces of letter to fullfill the puzzle.

I bought the game on 24th of september and quite happy to lay this game, not very much difficult, just trying to open the cupboard to get some parts to apply on the other door.

If you don't like music or sound, just play sound off, that what I always do because it's always the same theme and get on my nerves.

Good play

jg123
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jg123 on Sep 25, 10 8:55 PM
Okay, I had uninstalled this game because it wouldn't open. Then I got a message that there was a new version. Now, even though I could never open the game, my trial is up. Oh well.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

What Fix!

[Post New]by bluesinew on Sep 26, 10 7:03 AM
Should I say "may I" before I uninstall, reinstall, set up a new profile.... please life is too short. I wouldn't say the game is a complete disaster because I really was enjoying it up to, what looks like, almost the end. I am always here to compliment BFG on the good games, however one was disappointing. I thought it was one of the best, then just before the end, I have to go through all these gymnastics. This wouldn't be so bad if I could just finish the game, but to start over. I had invested too much time in this game already.

By the way, you know that green envelope you told me to click on for customer service.... the link is broke.

I am moving on..... Will probably ask for a refund.

[Post New]by llunsford on Sep 26, 10 8:00 AM
Coachswife wrote:I got as far as going through the bedroom window to the gazboo and the lake but had to get out of the game for dinner, when I went back it brought me to the beginning of the game and tells me there is nothing to do in each room and won't let me go through the bedroom window to get where I left off. Help, I've bought the game and I guess I could delete and start all over again but I don't really want to do this

[Post New]by llunsford on Sep 26, 10 8:01 AM
the same thing happened to me so I started the game over under another name. I went through the window and made sure I finished everything that needed to be done while out there. Had no other problems with the game after that. Just finish so you don't have top go back.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Glitch at the Asylum!!

[Post New]by bluesinew on Sep 26, 10 2:07 PM
I can't believe it!!! After swearing I would not go through all the gymnastics of reinstalling this game, I did it anyway. (Which didn't work, without a little work on my registry). I got to the asylum part if the game and the same thing happen to me again.... I got out of the game to do something else and when I went back to the game it didn't save the game at the asylum, I'm back at the front door of the house with no where to go. My question? Did anyone from BFG play this game from beginning to end before putting it out there for their customers?

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Sep 26, 10 3:35 PM
I have the corrected version now, and had the same difficulty as others had before it. But now I can't get out onto the balcony. Arrow points but cannot access it. Please help. Seems this game is riddled with technical difficulties.

Go to: