bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 25, 10 1:20 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 1:20:46 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 25, 10 1:35 AM
A walkthrough integrated into an SE?! Brilliant, thank you developers and BF.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 25, 10 1:39 AM
Where is the walkthrough, in the game? I don't see it. I can't find out how to get the bird back, with the cord to the computer.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 25, 10 1:42 AM
the game has great voice overs, clear graphics and great sound effects. i love these games i own them all. i think this one though has got to be the best. i like playing detective and doing forensics.

plus it has a strategy guide built right in the game.

i give this game 4 1/2 out of 5

robilyn the walkthrough is a strategy guide built in. click on the journal and there you will find it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 25, 10 1:46 AM
amj0963 wrote:the game has great voice overs, clear graphics and great sound effects. i love these games i own them all. i think this one though has got to be the best. i like playing detective and doing forensics.

plus it has a strategy guide built right in the game.

i give this game 4 1/2 out of 5

robilyn the walkthrough is a strategy guide built in. click on the journal and there you will find it.

You said it all! I agree with everything you said. This will fill up a punchcard for me.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 25, 10 1:48 AM
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! One of my favorite series, and the artwork gets better every time. Very photo-realistic, not dark (as in "can't see anything" dark), and the usual great characters.

Widescreen users will be happy that there is an option for either fullscreen or widescreen, separate controls for music, ambient sound, voices. It's the middle of the night here, and the kids are sleeping, so I had the sound off. Sorry, can't give any comments on the sound other than the choices.

Best part: Built-in strategy guide!!! Very detailed, very useful, and it doesn't go back to an index when you close it, it stays at whatever page you left it on. I used it a few times because I wanted to get as far as I could into the game before the trial expired. It's right there "up front" on the screen as you play - the ""Help" button acts as a hint button while you are in the hidden object screens, and when you are not in those scenes it opens the strategy guide.

Gameplay is much like the other games in the Women's Murder Club series, but I must say that they do make improvements every time. You start out as Clair, the ME, and her lab tests (presented like mini-games) are more realistic than previous games. The only annoying mini-game I've come across so far is a paint mixing one, and I'm sorry to say I forgot to look to see if there was a skip button - I just kept plugging away at it until I got it right.

I really, really want to buy this game, but I'll have to wait a few days. I had thought that the Twisted Lands CE started a new punchcard, but I had forgotten about the one-day sale - and I bought 4 games that day, my entire backlog of "probably buy them" games, so instead of having 2 punches on a new card, I completed another card. Now I can either start a whole new car - with only 5 days left in the month and a less-than-zero chance that every one of them will be my favorite HOG genre - or steel my nerves and actually WAIT 6 days and purchase this on Friday. Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen, but I'll at least wait until it's actually morning here before I make that decision.

(edited because I forgot what day today is - I orignally said the kids had to get up for school in an hour, but it's Saturday!)

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 1:50:39 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Sep 25, 10 2:22 AM
Why do I get the feeling I've played this before? Or that it's similar to another of the WMC games? Is it the beach scene?

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Sep 25, 10 2:24 AM
sinshack wrote:Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! One of my favorite series, and the artwork gets better every time. Very photo-realistic, not dark (as in "can't see anything" dark), and the usual great characters.

Widescreen users will be happy that there is an option for either fullscreen or widescreen, separate controls for music, ambient sound, voices. It's the middle of the night here, and the kids are sleeping, so I had the sound off. Sorry, can't give any comments on the sound other than the choices.

Best part: Built-in strategy guide!!! Very detailed, very useful, and it doesn't go back to an index when you close it, it stays at whatever page you left it on. I used it a few times because I wanted to get as far as I could into the game before the trial expired. It's right there "up front" on the screen as you play - the ""Help" button acts as a hint button while you are in the hidden object screens, and when you are not in those scenes it opens the strategy guide.

Gameplay is much like the other games in the Women's Murder Club series, but I must say that they do make improvements every time. You start out as Clair, the ME, and her lab tests (presented like mini-games) are more realistic than previous games. The only annoying mini-game I've come across so far is a paint mixing one, and I'm sorry to say I forgot to look to see if there was a skip button - I just kept plugging away at it until I got it right.

I really, really want to buy this game, but I'll have to wait a few days. I had thought that the Twisted Lands CE started a new punchcard, but I had forgotten about the one-day sale - and I bought 4 games that day, my entire backlog of "probably buy them" games, so instead of having 2 punches on a new card, I completed another card. Now I can either start a whole new car - with only 5 days left in the month and a less-than-zero chance that every one of them will be my favorite HOG genre - or steel my nerves and actually WAIT 6 days and purchase this on Friday. Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen, but I'll at least wait until it's actually morning here before I make that decision.

(edited because I forgot what day today is - I orignally said the kids had to get up for school in an hour, but it's Saturday!)

Just like the Windex commercial huh? Where the mom cleans the windows in the boys' bedroom huh? lol

[Post New]by heatherington on Sep 25, 10 2:40 AM
I made it all the way the to third investigation before I ran out of time. I'm going to buy, of course. Clear graphics. Stuff is not very hard to figure out. And you can always skip if you can't. The Strategy Guide is built right in. Just look at the tabs across the top of your notebook. Where would we be without out notebook? This is a good one!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 25, 10 3:05 AM
What a great game! I don't want to repeat what has already been said about this game............just take their word for it. This is a Cadillac of a game. Loads perfect, runs perfect,interesting story line, yada,yada,yada and blah,blah,blah. To all game developers; this is what we want in a game! I have definitely found a home for my monthly membership credit!
5 x
Dr.good

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Sep 25, 10 3:05 AM
Oh yes. Definitely a buy. I just needed one to complete a punch card too, so very timely.
I have all these and all the books, and I love the game series. This one seems better than the previous ones, and the built in strategy guide is a fantastic addition.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 25, 10 3:07 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game. lots of things to do incorporated with hidden object scenes.
I liked how some of the things you had to do were interactive. Like to unscrew screws, you had to click then turn, much more interesting than just clicking. Everything was really clear and the inbuilt walkthrough was excellent. If you have to use a hint it doesn't take long for it to refill.
I managed to get up to investigation 3 i believe before time ran out (that is with skipping all dialogue.)
The only reason why I may not consider buying is that I'm not sure how long it is and that it doesn't have much replay value for me. Other than that it is a great buy

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 25, 10 4:12 AM
Well, the demo was just outstanding. I love these games - fun, engrossing and I am always sorry when they end - but of course it's fun to see the cases resolved. This is a definite buy, as they all are for me, but in this case they have really stepped the game up two notches from the previous games - nice twists on minis, I loved the HOG scene on the beach using the pay telescope, challenging HOG scenes and other clever little twists like the slider game in the store and how you turn screws. These games just get better and better; the graphics here are A-1 as are the voice-overs... I am off to buy... I was already totally immersed in the game and the demo ran out.... Honestly, I have no idea how long the game is and don't much care... but they usually are a pretty good run... Have fun!

shadowfax

P.S. Silly me... I forgot to even mention the case in this installment. They have even stepped the case scenario up two notches... very intriguing indeed!!

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 4:15:18 AM PST

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Sep 25, 10 5:30 AM
Just played 30 minutes and this is a MUST BUY!!!! Love it! It is everything said in the prior posts and more! I generally do not like the games with so much interaction, but this is one that, for me, is not frustrating...kept my attention and I was very much relaxed playing it. Its a de-stressing kind of game! Can't say enough about it!! Just love it!
Paws

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 25, 10 5:53 AM
I've really enjoyed the three b4 this one--they seem to just keep getting better! Well-done I-Play, Floodlight, and BFG! I very much like everything about Little Black Lies so far (most of the demo, got the whole thing w/my monthly credit, which I know is a credit well-spent!) I'll try to do a better review in a couple of days--I'm sure it'll be glowing!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 25, 10 6:29 AM
What a pleasant surprise I woke up to this morning! I wasnt expecting this game until the 30th (according to jamespatterson.com). I am a HUGE fan of The Women's Murder Club (both the games and books) and not many games get the honor of me buying before trying. This series does.
And it does not disappoint. I love the built in strategy guide, the game itself is fun and not overly difficult. The storyline is intriquing.
I'm off to play more!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 25, 10 6:46 AM
The only thing that could make the james Patterson series better is if it expanded - Maximum Ride and Daniel X would make fantastic games, too! I give up - I have one credit left from last month, and I don't care if I'm starting a new punchcard this late in the month, it's Saturday, it's chilly outside, and I want it!!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 25, 10 6:59 AM
Amen. It's time for the fishes to be introduced to Max and the flock!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 25, 10 7:29 AM
pleasantly surprised at this game, Womens murder club games have never appealed to me before but I really enjoyed this one, and I loved the strategy guide included so top marks BF its been a lovely way to spend a boring saturday

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 25, 10 8:19 AM
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. I know, I know, I know I want this game Wow what a great game. Everything is perfect. The developers really did it right this time. This is how all games should be. Thank you Big Fish, we needed this.

Go to: