The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy- ISSUES!!!

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Sep 26, 10 5:38 AM
Is it just me or does this game not start for anyone else? It goes through all of the beginning credits for the creators and then when the game is supposed to start all i get is a flying fairy and two balls of light shooting to a bridge over and over....then nothing. HELP! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck...

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,757 Posts

Re:The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy- ISSUES!!!

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 26, 10 8:33 AM
Hello Shannon and welcome to the pond. I was able to play the game but I did have many, many, many other issues with it. If you click on the All Game Forums tab above, then find The Seawise Chronicles, you'll find a forum just about that game. You may find an answer there. Otherwise, you can click on the green envelope to the right and slightly down for customer service. If you are a member, you can wait til tomorrow and use live chat...it's much quicker to get an answer. Good luck!

bfgTigris
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 26, 10 9:22 AM
Welcome to the pond Shannon282007!

Pertigal is right, if you having technical issues, it's best to contact our Customer Support.

You may always want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X as well. Sometimes these updates can fix crashes. Here is our help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to the full game forum.

bfgTigris

BillFrugge
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BillFrugge on Sep 26, 10 11:04 AM
Shannon282007 wrote:Is it just me or does this game not start for anyone else? It goes through all of the beginning credits for the creators and then when the game is supposed to start all i get is a flying fairy and two balls of light shooting to a bridge over and over....then nothing. HELP! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck...

I assume you're using a Mac since we just got the game today.

You're not alone. I've found quite a few posts describing the same issue, and it does the same for me.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Sep 26, 10 11:43 AM
I, too, cannot get the game to play on my Mac. I get a Director Player Error - Handler not defined - #baRegister - Script error. I have the most current Flash player, so I am not sure what's going on. Anyone else have this issue?

iSight
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iSight on Sep 26, 10 11:45 AM
BillFrugge wrote:
Shannon282007 wrote:Is it just me or does this game not start for anyone else? It goes through all of the beginning credits for the creators and then when the game is supposed to start all i get is a flying fairy and two balls of light shooting to a bridge over and over....then nothing. HELP! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck...

I assume you're using a Mac since we just got the game today.

You're not alone. I've found quite a few posts describing the same issue, and it does the same for me.

Same here. I'm also using a Mac and I don't get past the flying fairy. Luckily I didn't bought the game yet and only installed the trial version so I don't need to contact the technical helpline again.

As I'm rather new to BF I'm wondering if it happens often that the Mac versions do not work correctly in the beginning? Last week we had the issue with Redemption and now this game. Or is it just bad luck?

BillFrugge
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BillFrugge on Sep 26, 10 12:19 PM
iSight wrote:Same here. I'm also using a Mac and I don't get past the flying fairy. Luckily I didn't bought the game yet and only installed the trial version so I don't need to contact the technical helpline again.

As I'm rather new to BF I'm wondering if it happens often that the Mac versions do not work correctly in the beginning? Last week we had the issue with Redemption and now this game. Or is it just bad luck?

Welcome to the pond!

Never buy the game without trying it first. That's why the 60 minutes trial is there in every BF game. It wouldn't have helped with Redemption Cemetery, but it does allow you to check out the game play and verify that it will run on your Mac.

I've been playing BF Games on my Macs for a few years. The issues we've been having are a recent development in my experience, so don't let these two games affect your opinion of BF. Take a look at the 'Mystery Case Files' series. They really set the standard, imo, for hidden object games, and 'Dire Grove' is an excellent adventure game. You shouldn't have any problems running them.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Sep 26, 10 2:30 PM
yeah, definitely! MCF are the best! Definitely give them a try if you're into HOG! And thank you to all that helped me! Fortunately for me, i didn't buy the game and it was just the trial version but the issues are still annoying.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 2:33:41 PM PST

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Sep 26, 10 2:38 PM
BillFrugge wrote:
iSight wrote:Same here. I'm also using a Mac and I don't get past the flying fairy. Luckily I didn't bought the game yet and only installed the trial version so I don't need to contact the technical helpline again.

Welcome to the pond!

Never buy the game without trying it first. That's why the 60 minutes trial is there in every BF game. It wouldn't have helped with Redemption Cemetery, but it does allow you to check out the game play and verify that it will run on your Mac.

I've been playing BF Games on my Macs for a few years. The issues we've been having are a recent development in my experience, so don't let these two games affect your opinion of BF. Take a look at the 'Mystery Case Files' series. They really set the standard, imo, for hidden object games, and 'Dire Grove' is an excellent adventure game. You shouldn't have any problems running them.

I agree with BillFrugge. In general the Mac games I have played have been quite solid. I can only recall a few that didn't work at all or had fatal bugs that prevented the game from continuing. Even now I run into very few problems; Redemption happened to be a high profile exception. In fact, the only other game that really didn't work and which I wish did is Sherlock Holmes and the Persian Carpet. I have had much more difficulty finding games that work on my Windows XP netbook, to the point that I almost never even try any of the newer ones.

I haven't tried Seawise yet FWIW.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Sep 27, 10 3:03 PM

I have the exact same problem, but I had to force quit the game just to get out of the demo so I could uninstall. I'm on a Mac, and this is the first time I've ever had this problem with a Mac version of a game from Big Fish. and I would contact technical support on it, EXCEPT I haven't even been able to get into to even see if it's one I'd be interested in playing, much less buying. that much trouble just isn't worth it.

but I am still waiting for fixes to A Gypsy's Tale and Redemption Cemetary - which I did buy after the demos, only to run into glitches that made them completely unplayable beyond a certain point. this one lost its opportunity at first click.

[Post New]by Anastasia20 on Sep 27, 10 7:29 PM
I'm getting the "Director Player Error" as well, which is unfortunate since I really wanted to try this game. To be honest, I've noticed a lot of tech problems with the Mac games I have been downloading recently. Fixes are usually made (though still waiting on one) but it is starting to get frustrating.....

[Post New]by lmworks on Sep 27, 10 7:32 PM
May I chime in with the "script handler" error? Updated Snow Leopard, newest version of flash, etc. How will we find out that errors have been corrected?

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Sep 28, 10 4:20 AM
@Imworks: I'm also having the same problem, and no idea if it's been fixed. I guess we just have to each individually do the live chat thing, which is kinda lame. Wish somebody would just post a "fixes" thread or something. (((

[Post New]by cadamia on Sep 28, 10 5:41 AM
it's not working on mac!!!!!

[Post New]by CheriMo on Sep 28, 10 11:41 AM
This is the second game I've had these scripting errors with. Before I upgraded to Snow Leopard I never had this issue with BF games. I talked to Customer Service when I encountered the scripting erros the first time and what I got from that conversion is that they don't test with Snow Leopard so sometimes the games don't work. Since Snow Leopard is the latest version of OS X seems to me they should be testing on it and ensuring the games will work, but apparently it's cheaper to experience the revenue loss and bad press than it is to upgrade to Snow Leopard and thoroughly test before releasing a game.

[Post New]by cristeana on Sep 28, 10 8:40 PM
This game does not work on Mac...It kinda sucks that all the 'help' we get is to contact the IT on BF. I mean, we are all BF members, obviously play all the other games they offer on our Macs without problems but this one....Especially when this many Mac users are all having the same issue.It's the game. Fix it people!

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 8:40:44 PM PST

Go to: