prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Blog walkthrough posted for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lie

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 26, 10 5:46 AM
Hi everyone!

The blog walkthrough for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lies has been posted.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/james-pattersons-womens-murder-club-little-black-lies-walkthrough/

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Blog walkthrough posted for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lie

[Post New]by pixielily on Sep 26, 10 7:55 AM
Thank you prpldva for posting this link! I was hesitant about buying thinking it would be a short game for me, but after looking at the WT I realize that it will be a decent length. Now I am looking forward to playing this splendid game.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Blog walkthrough posted for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lie

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 26, 10 7:55 AM
Glad to help!

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 7:56:06 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 26, 10 9:35 AM
Hi prpldva and pixielily!

I posted the walkthrough at the top of the forum, sorry for the delay!

Happy Gaming

bfgTigris

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Blog walkthrough posted for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lie

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 26, 10 11:52 AM
prpldva wrote:Hi everyone!

The blog walkthrough for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: little black lies has been posted.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/james-pattersons-womens-murder-club-little-black-lies-walkthrough/

Curious to know why there'd be a separate walkthrough for this game. The HELP button (lower left-hand corner) IS the walkthrough -- when you don't know what to do next, click on it and it'll guide you to the next step AND when you're in a hidden object scene and can't find something, click on it and it'll show you where the object is. Personally, I download all the walkthroughs of games that I purchase but this one doesn't need a separate one -- outside the game itsself; brilliant concept as walkthroughs nowadays are free, so why not include it WITHIN the game?

MEnr56

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 26, 10 12:06 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

Curious to know why there'd be a separate walkthrough for this game. The HELP button (lower left-hand corner) IS the walkthrough -- when you don't know what to do next, click on it and it'll guide you to the next step AND when you're in a hidden object scene and can't find something, click on it and it'll show you where the object is. Personally, I download all the walkthroughs of games that I purchase but this one doesn't need a separate one -- outside the game itsself; brilliant concept as walkthroughs nowadays are free, so why not include it WITHIN the game?

MEnr56

Hi MEnr56,
I think the reason behind the walkthrough is so one can look at it and see the length of chapters, mini-games, etc. before they purchase. JMO. I always look before I leap

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 26, 10 1:33 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

MEnr56

I can answer that question for you. We received the game at the last minute with two versions. One had a partial strategy guide and one did not have one at all. At the time I was not sure which version was going to be released so I asked prpldva to write the walkthrough just in case.

If I had known for sure the game was being released with the built-in strategy guide, I would NOT have assigned one. A little extra help never hurt anyone, so now everyone has extra help in case they need it

Hope that clears that up

MargieB

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 2:37:22 PM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 26, 10 2:22 PM
And hopefully, the extra walkthough will keep the fishies from posting gameplay problems in the "tech issues only" forum - we seem to have a bit of a problem with that on this game.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 26, 10 5:41 PM
Also I believe it is because in the game it is a guide where some people needed a bit more help and guidance to find things.
Also some of those puzzles really needed a diagram in some cases (goat puzzle)

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 2, 10 5:55 PM
missillusioned wrote:Also I believe it is because in the game it is a guide where some people needed a bit more help and guidance to find things.
Also some of those puzzles really needed a diagram in some cases (goat puzzle)

Thanks, fishies, for your insight; I have to agree -- now that it's been mentioned and I'd not thought about it -- looking at a diagram has been very helpful for me in other games.

Appreciate everyone's comments

MEnr56

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Oct 2, 10 11:54 PM
They need to get this link posted on the game page, I think.

Wimee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Wimee on Oct 10, 10 1:20 PM
When I step inside the cave, the flashlight disappears from my inventory and there is already the light in the tunnel. Also there is no sawdust and no footprints to follow. I don't think the flashlight should be already in use when I get in the cave, but I don't know what to do to fix it, and I can't go back or ahead until it's fixed. I hope somebody can help me. Wimee.

[Post New]by goingstrong on Oct 18, 10 9:03 AM

[Post New]by Nightstar316 on Nov 15, 10 8:46 PM
I completed the first challenge and am in the town square. When I click on the library it says it isn't open now. So what to do?

[Post New]by jehara20 on Nov 21, 10 2:24 PM
I gave the saw to Randy, I cannot find Sympathy Morgan how do I find her

[Post New]by tisherself1 on Dec 4, 10 5:00 AM
I can't get out of level 2, I have everything done seems frozen. I still have a screwdriver in my inventory but don't know what to do with it.

[Post New]by seaside3 on Mar 14, 11 9:49 AM
Why cannot I get the pamphlet under the door of the lighthouse?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 14, 11 11:08 AM
seaside3 wrote:Why cannot I get the pamphlet under the door of the lighthouse?
Look at the first page of this forum -- you can get there by clicking on the blue title above.

Look for the thread titled "Using the leaflet at lighthouse door" click on it and read the posts. There are several suggestions for getting this to work.

[Post New]by beverley2k on May 8, 11 7:11 PM
Help - I have one gravestone rubbing but when I try to do another Lindsey keeps telling me I can only do one at a time.
What do I need to do?
Bev

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 11, 11 12:08 AM
beverley2k wrote:Help - I have one gravestone rubbing but when I try to do another Lindsey keeps telling me I can only do one at a time.
What do I need to do?
Bev

Did you use the tape to secure the paper to the tombstone before using the pencil? I had some trouble here because I didn't follow exact procedure. You also have to make sure you use the pencil as much as possible before it will let you continue. Also make sure you click to get a closeup before it allows rubbings.

Go to: