bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any King Arthur technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 26, 10 9:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any King Arthur technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 26, 10 10:10 AM
I have downloaded the game 3 times and get no further than the welcome screen.
I get the devs and BFG splash pages and then the game welcome page but then nothing else develops. I get the impression it might just be super slow on my computer.
No main menu of the game appears with Options and does not ask me for player - just welcome screen with the sword in the stone.

It just goes no futher than the welcome and stops.

Some orchestral music - no voice.

Nothing else......

Its too bad because, based on the comments, it sounds like something I would like - lots of story.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 10:22:33 AM PST

snaffins
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by snaffins on Sep 26, 10 10:19 AM
The game tries to start but keeps flicking back and forth to desktop I've uninstalled an reinstalled same problem.

second game this has happened with in 2 weeks other was Hospital Haste.

never had trouble with games for a year, now seem to have problems every week, loosing faith in the site

[Post New]by mari125 on Sep 26, 10 11:23 AM
Game is running very sloooooooooooooooooowwwwwww! Took more than 5 minutes to get to Welcome screen. Took more than 30 seconds to type in profile name. Not a good start! Decided to just delete the game.

TheRev088
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by TheRev088 on Sep 26, 10 11:40 AM
Having the same problem as Mari. This slow-mo intro is rediculous. I didn't even wait for it to get to the "sign in" screen, was too tired by then.

tex88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tex88 on Sep 26, 10 12:43 PM
same issue here. I tried installing it twice, and nothing. I now have 46 minutes left on the trial, and have not made it past the welcome screen. I almost bought this game without trying, because I love King Arthur and HOG, so the combination of the 2 sounded perfect. Boy, am I glad I didn't! After all the trouble I had with Woman in White, and now this, I'm starting to get sick of BFG. I hope they get their act together soon.

[Post New]by chrystol on Sep 26, 10 1:08 PM
It took over 45 MINUTES and two restarts to get to just my name logged in! I never got past that, as my computer locked up YET AGAIN. I have had other times when I started the free trial and nothing happened, so I went with either another game or something else, only to be told after an hour that my free trial was done with the game I had initially started. I am getting very frustrated with the number of times this is occurring lately. I know it is not my computer, because I have plenty of memory and have run antiviruses, etc, faithfully.

Big Fish, I hope you get it worked out soon, or I am afraid you will be losing many customers.

[Post New]by Sunshine824 on Sep 26, 10 1:13 PM
Same as everyone else, I can't get past the welcome screen.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 26, 10 1:33 PM
Have you tried this procedure?

Uninstall
Restart your computer
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
Reinstall

This has worked for me a few times -- not always -- but a few times.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 26, 10 1:42 PM
dk5793 wrote:Have you tried this procedure?

Uninstall
Restart your computer
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
Reinstall

This has worked for me a few times -- not always -- but a few times.

Yup, I tried it. Didn't work for me.

[Post New]by kduvall508 on Sep 26, 10 2:30 PM
Same here. It took 20 minutes to get to the title screen! I went to the help page and did everything it said to do, and uninstalled the game with 40 minutes left of free play, re-installed it and it said that my trial had EXPIRED! I'm done with this one.

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Sep 26, 10 2:56 PM
Same as others. Can't get past the welcome screen - haven't even gotten to the sign in part and I've already used 15 minutes of trial time.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 26, 10 3:43 PM
Sigh - Another game that will not play. This is happening about 50% of the time now.

I get the welcome screen fairly quickly but then it runs s-l-o-w-l-y. A banner appears and jumps closer every 20-30 secs until it started going the other direction.

I gave up and shut it down in task manager. Too bad because it sounded like a good game.

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Sep 26, 10 3:52 PM
Big for yet another game that won't load i'm getting well peeved of at this happening it does'nt happen at other web sites that i download from, 15 mins sitting looking at the main screen deleted it and will Not be buying it

[Post New]by Kikicopper on Sep 26, 10 4:55 PM
I can get the game to come on but I only get half the screen. I've uninstalled three times and it still won't work. First time I've had an issue with a game from bigfish...

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Sep 26, 10 6:00 PM
I used up 30 minutes of my demo time just trying to get my profile name written and then close the program. This is a NO BUY for me!

As for the "turn off ant-virus software" instruction - I don't think so.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Sep 26, 10 6:28 PM
I click on the game to play and PC shuts down I do not even get into the game. I never used to have problems with big fish games but lately it seems to be happening more often. Getting a bit fed up with it as you take the time to install game use up your internet allowance and big disapointment.

[Post New]by sbirch on Sep 26, 10 6:36 PM
I reinstalled 3 times and it took me as far as the prologue before I ran out of time.
This is one game I won't be buying.

cpurcell
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cpurcell on Sep 26, 10 8:11 PM
Wont buy this cant get past anything took ages to get to put in profile name, was down to 30 mins left hadnt even started

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 26, 10 8:20 PM
I got as far as Merlin's room. Clicked a few items, then it quit. The hint button doesn't seem to work either. {sigh} Second game this week that hasn't worked. I hope they can iron out this one.....it looks good.

Go to: