ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Has anyone figured out how this works?

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Sep 26, 10 2:49 PM
Hi All, I am so frustrated by this game. I can't figure out:

1) How to get the residents at all. Every once in awhile I get one, but don't know why really.

2) If it is even possible to clear all of the tiles on a level - best I've done is 90% Anyone get 100% clear?

3) Can you win this game? Is it ever over?

4) What causes the plus connector to appear?

Anyone know any of this? I'm going nuts!

Thanks

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Has anyone figured out how this works?

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Nov 10, 10 1:20 AM
Well, I can't say I've got any information to offer. The best I've done at clearing the board is 84 percent. Sometimes the connectors appear one after another and very quickly, other times I sit there wishing for one and nothing happens.

I've gotten very disenchanted with this game. It began as a match-3, with very attractive tiles and quick, appealing gameplay. I got my village started, and by finding very long chains, began to get the tradesmen to help the village grow.

And there I stay. I've played one level after another since then, and they're all groups, not matches. You can't move the tiles, you have to click on something and holding the mouse button, drag it over as many adjacent tiles as you can - which sounds like the typical match-3 but it isn't, because this is hurting my hands and there is no end to this group-move type play in sight. Apparently it goes into this mode and stays there. And my hands are aching.

I love the screens, they're very attractive, but I'm getting nowhere fast. The connectors are, for all practical purposes, useless. I need another 1500 magic for the next buy, and at the very best I come out of each level with maybe 27 if I'm lucky. I have no option to improve this, I can't control what becomes "joined" or available to use as a group, the chains are few and far between, the connectors give you 1 of one item connecting to one or two of another item: big whoop.

At this point I'd dearly love the game to revert back to a normal match-3, with some gameplay that I can control by my own strategy, but I am beginning to think that if there even is this option, I'm not doing what is needed - or not getting the chance to do what is needed - to trigger it. I'm about played out on this one. And my hands hurt.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Nov 10, 10 2:00 AM
I should also add that while you are given powerups, they rely on your getting 3 of something to be of any use. You can destroy areas by one or more tiles at a time, but if what you get when the "blanks" fill in again is the same kind of setup as you had, the longest match being two of an item, or one of one kind and one of another, then the powerups are worthless.

Another thing that is bothersome about this game is the slim instruction. Under the help option, you get basic match-3 instruction, but nothing as to how this game works, what it expects of you, what your options are to improve your village.

And yet another point: every so often you will get the "no more moves" screen so familiar to match-3 players...but...that's it. It sits there, waiting for you to do something. It doesn't reshuffle. I guess I'm spoiled by the better written games. I expect this feature to happen automatically, but here I don't even have the option to request it. So all I can do is use a powerup. Which brings me more of the same: two items of a kind, use a powerup, get one 3-group, and scads of 2-items, use another powerup...etc. Very slow, very tedious, very pointless.

I think the ultimate frustration is getting a new feature, which tells you it gives two of an item, and then never being able to get this feature in a group of 3 that would make it useful to you.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy this game, sadly. It's pretty, but it's not finished. It needs more work to bring it up to standard.

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Nov 14, 10 8:54 AM
Thanks for answering my post Genet1770. I finally gave up because I didn't want to go on forever with no clue. According to the description of the game, there is a story, but I sure didn't see any story in the game... my take is, the game is pretty, pleasant, but endless. I can stand to make slow progress, but I at least need to know how far I've come, and what to do. This one was uninstalled, and will probably stay that way...unless someone HAS figured it out and can enlighten me.

Thanks again!

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Dec 7, 10 8:35 AM
Toonacat, I hope you see this, because it turns out there is some sanity to this game after all, I think.

You can tell how disenchanted I was by the progress of the game, because even with all the complaints I had I kept playing, and it's no credit to me that it took me this long to discover that the "timer" does not appear to advance by time, at least in some levels, but by MOVE, which makes all the difference in the world, because THERE is where you can use strategy to get more than 85 percent of the board.

And for anyone else that does see this, no this game won't appeal to everyone, but I have to tell you I'm still playing it, and learning, albeit pretty slow for someone who likes to think of herself as intelligent, lol.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Feb 27, 11 12:33 AM
I have got to a point where it is just boring. You can't get any more than about 80-89% cleared, There is no shuffle and the music is driving me crazy, it is sooooo repetitive and boring. I end up so many times with just a pair of everything. Good luck you guys

BellaMorte
Flounder
Flounder
2,028 Posts

[Post New]by BellaMorte on Jul 28, 11 8:07 PM
1: The villagers are gained by either x number of chain combos (the number in the chain for any give villager is decided by the program) or by the number of gold/food or magic collected in a round (again this is determined by the program).

2: I for one have never cleared all the tiles. 90 or 92% is my max.

3: After all buildings have been bought (buy in order with the Mayor's building last at a cost of 50000) then the game becomes a standard match 3.

4: The + connectors are randomly game generated.

The above are just my observations.

Go to: