boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Lighthouse and brochure

[Post New]by boogienites on Sep 26, 10 5:19 PM
Okay, I'm about to jump off my balcony into the ocean!!! I cannot get that brochure to go under the door. I've read the forum and the suggestion to use the screwdriver first. But, you can't. You have to put the brochure under the door first. Unfortunately, I think my door has no room for even a thin brochure because it ISN'T GOING UNDER THE DOOR!!!!! What's the secret????

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

Re:Lighthouse and brochure

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Sep 26, 10 5:23 PM
Just realx and take a deep breath... count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 :p

NOW!

At first my brochure didn't wanted to go either rbut Ikept clicking it exactly under where the keyhole is... in that same straight line... and VOILA!.. the brochure slid under the door ....

I hope that works!

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Sep 26, 10 5:28 PM
(deep breath) .. okay, I'll try again .. thanks bunches

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Sep 26, 10 5:30 PM
I give up .. I'm asking for a refund

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 26, 10 5:37 PM
boogienites wrote:I give up .. I'm asking for a refund

I found I had to get the dialogue bout needing to have something under the door before it would let me.... Have you clicked on the door and door handle with and without the brochure?

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Sep 26, 10 5:43 PM
I agree, first it took me FOREVER just to get the screwdriver out of the tool box (there was only one miniscule spot that gave me a "hand" to pick it up). Now, I have clicked on every conceivable spot to put the brochure under the door and no luck. I have tried every combination of when to to it, where to do it, etc. I have exited and restarted the game six times and still no luck. So now, having paid for the game I can't go any further. I've never had that happen before but it I think there are some issues with this game that need to be fixed. Hopefully they will soon. I would really like to get to the end of the story.

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Sep 26, 10 7:43 PM
I finally got it to work. I was trying to put the brochure at the bottom of the door (which made sense to me) but it only worked when I clicked the brochure on the doorknob. Strange but it worked.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Sep 26, 10 8:28 PM
You're kidding, Noahnana! Oooo, I gotta try that one, 'cause I'm about at the point where Boogie is - off the balcony into the ocean.

Well, my balcony's on the wrong side of the road, but if I start waaay back and twist just right ...?

OMG! You were right, Noahnana! IT WORKED!!

Uh - the doorknob - not the balcony thing. The brochure is now under the door. Who woulda' thunk it?

Thank you, thank you!

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Sep 26, 10 10:42 PM
A while later ...

I finished!

Thanks again, Noahnana

Vol

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Sep 26, 10 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I was having the same problem and it was driving me nuts!!!
I never would have thought to click on the doorknob.

Go to: