leesmusic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

N G's Herod's Lost Tomb

[Post New]by leesmusic on Nov 15, 08 9:35 AM
This is a KEEPER. Having been to Israel and done a lot of digging and dusting, I especially loved this HO. The items to find are within the time period of the era, and pretty close to being true to form. I was taken back to the best times of my travels so the game touched my heart as well as being just fun. Thanks Bigflounder, you did it again!

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:N G's Herod's Lost Tomb

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 15, 08 9:55 AM
Welcome to the pond! I haven't had time yet to play the demo, but I was reading a story on a newsite about this temple they've uncovered that dated back 11,500 years. The local tradition there says it's the area Abraham came from. The article said it appears the site was before cultivation and domesticating animals. Sounds like you had an interesting time digging and dusting! History has always been fascinating to me.

Will try to play the game soon now that you've got my interest up about it. Have lots of fun in the pond!

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Nov 15, 08 10:09 AM
That must have been so exciting to see all those wonderful places and take a part in the discovers. It is also nice to know that the game is very close to the real thing.

Welcome to the pond. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Nov 18, 08 10:58 PM
leesmusic, did you learn any Hebrew in your travels? If so, you may have noticed that when the Hebrew letters are combined to form the word for the newest location, it is actually spelled incorrectly. This is something that only people who can read Hebrew will notice but I'm actually surprised that this error occurs in a game from NG.

[Post New]by efagin on Nov 29, 08 1:50 PM
lisa4862 wrote:leesmusic, did you learn any Hebrew in your travels? If so, you may have noticed that when the Hebrew letters are combined to form the word for the newest location, it is actually spelled incorrectly. This is something that only people who can read Hebrew will notice but I'm actually surprised that this error occurs in a game from NG.

Hi all,

I wouldn't want to swear to this - but I think it was actually Aramaic - so the spelling may have been different than Hebrew. which ever - it was SO fun uncovering the letters. i thought this was a great game.

[Post New]by pony2go on Feb 7, 09 7:08 PM
Well ... the photography was very good but ho's for the most part are small. So small that even while looking directly at them I had a hard time. Had to use the hints because I don't know what the were considering "vase" or "watering can" . Really disappointed in the end. I wanted to see something special at the tomb. Just left me hanging.

Go to: