_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

DD for 9-27-10 The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 27, 10 1:36 AM

Hey all, my demo time is used up on this one, so I was hoping for some input on this game.

Angel

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:DD for 9-27-10 The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Sep 27, 10 4:29 AM
What a fantastic game - I don't usually like match 3 but this is a match 3 with a difference - loads of things to do - you travel to different places seeking treasure - there is timed and untimed mode so that should suit everyone - loads of diversions - shops to buy things - slot machine games to play - monsters and ships to fight - absolutely fabulous - I would recommend its certainly worth a try and a download. At the DD price you can't go wrong.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Sep 27, 10 7:43 AM
Simply put, for me the best M3 game available here. Standard gameplay with a twist that you have an opponent that you play. You start a map with 100 Health points and have a quest to fulfill. If you play a monster both play the M3 board simultaneously - you must not let obstacles reach the bottom line or you will lose health. Match pieces and you decrease the health of your opponent.

On land clear paths without getting in the way of critters. Lots of power ups available. Other minigames include a wheel of fortune (a money sink) and a slot machine.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Sep 27, 10 7:45 AM
All above as been said about MaryAnn, so donot hesitate it is a 'very good deal' and lots to do. Not boring.

Sujo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Sujo on Sep 27, 10 1:42 PM
Were any of you ask to download some file called a DLL file? A window came on my screen after the game downloaded, right before installation.... It scared me and I cancelled the download....but without I can't play the game

I really wanted to try this game...

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 27, 10 1:45 PM
Yes, there is a thread about it - AL Installer I think its called . It is perfectly ok to let it install itself.

Sujo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Sujo on Sep 27, 10 2:23 PM
Thank you very much for your reply.....I'm off to download the game

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Sep 27, 10 3:07 PM
I said no more M3 for awhile but, after playing the demo, I HAD to get it. This one is colorful, cute and, as you continue on, complex. It's not one you're going to play for a couple hours and decide is boring. And if doing the battles starts to get to you, you can always sail over to the slots island and do a little peaceful gambling for awhile. It looks LONG, too. Just learning the effects of the various board pieces will take a bit of playing. For me, reading about it just doesn't do as much as actually playing and learning by experience. So the giant octopi hunt did me in THREE TIMES - it's a game. I'll get those suckers before it's over!

It sort of reminds me of the original Puzzle Quest except smoother, much more colorful and varied. My posts probably all sound pretty Pollyanna (don't have the time or patience to even comment on the really BAD ones!) but, if you like M3 at all or if you're wanting a bit of a change in pace, this one is it and at a fantastic price. The untimed mode gives you plenty of time to really look at what you're doing and learn the effects of the different board pieces. Hint - if you see a M4 or M5, go for it because, if you don't, most of your opponents will - to your grave detriment.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 27, 10 4:10 PM
My demo said "trial expired". I had this game in my folder of "may buy" games, but most match 3's end up there... I didn't remember what in particular I did or didn't like about the game... but I went ahead and bought it, and then went back to letting Ranch Rush 2 CE crash my computer repeatedly (- still my latest game obsession...).

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Madth3 on Sep 27, 10 6:43 PM
This was the first game I bought here at BFG and I really loved it.

I recently bought Puzzle-Quest 2 and it's basically the same idea but with less complexity. You battle different monsters and enemies through a match-3 game and you can acquire different weapons that you can use regardless of the pieces you match (No "gem" collecting)

You explore different locations, some are straight match-3 games to ear a new weapon or powerup and other are filled with enemies. You can go back and play locations you've already played, and even without doing so the game can last for hours.

If you like Match 3 games you should really give this a try at least

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 29, 10 10:11 AM
. So the giant octopi hunt did me in THREE TIMES - it's a game. I'll get those suckers before it's over

neola, did you beat the octopus part? I have tried 4 times but always lose.

I guess I will have to try 4 more times. No way to skip????

[Post New]by ileanaf123 on Jan 1, 14 10:03 AM
Love this game but i'm very confused by the map. What does it mean when the little treasure chests on the map are glowing?? and what does it mean when they are not?. Also what is the meaning of the glowing X on the map and what does it signify when they are not glowing??.......Also how and when do i discover new islands and advance??. I'm totally lost with the map!!!

[Post New]by ileanaf123 on Mar 28, 14 4:41 PM
Does anyone know if there's a sequel to this game? LOVED IT!!

Go to: