bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Roads of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 27, 10 2:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Roads of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by larascupboard on Sep 27, 10 2:32 AM
I can't play this game.

I get through to the first task of building a road and when I click anywhere on the screen, game says click to continue, all hell breaks loose. My monitor goes black then flicks rapidly between the BF game manager and the desktop and a blank screen. The only way to end the ruthless cycle is via alt/tab.

Was looking forward to this one.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 27, 10 2:54 AM
Game is 'bogged down'.

step
by
step
movement

Very jerky

Angel

ETA: Have reloaded, no help.
Have rebooted, no help.

There are many posts of problems, why is there no BFG response?

I dl games every day here, no problems, so why is this game the exception?

I will not buy this game as it plays now (in slow motion).

And that is a bummer cuz I really like it.

Angel

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 2:40:56 AM PST

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Sep 27, 10 2:56 AM
Same problem - an earlier post of mine before this forum was opened:

Road to Rome - technical issue
by catsholidayhome on Sep 27, 10 1:09 AM
This game has an immediate "access violation" - then it really made an effort and tried to start but that also ended up as "access violation". Tried this game from the developer site and had a start up problem with it but was allowed to sign in! Have waited for BF to get this one in order that it can run successfully. Cannot see a forum for this - come on BF - your technical know-how is required!!!

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Sep 27, 10 3:06 AM
i didn't have any issues with the play of the game (the demo) but it took sooo long to download - it is not very large file game and i have v. fast broadband....oh well

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 27, 10 4:40 AM
larascupboard wrote:I can't play this game.

I get through to the first task of building a road and when I click anywhere on the screen, game says click to continue, all hell breaks loose. My monitor goes black then flicks rapidly between the BF game manager and the desktop and a blank screen. The only way to end the ruthless cycle is via alt/tab.

same here-

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 27, 10 4:54 AM
There definitely seems something screwy with the graphics. I keep getting just a blank screen when trying to start a level. If I change to windowed mode, it's blank if the cursor is over the window, else it displays the level. Weird. I use Vista.

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Sep 27, 10 5:44 AM
larascupboard wrote:I can't play this game.

Almost same here, I manage to click play to start the first level, but then the flicking starts. The only way for me to end the cycle is to reboot...

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 27, 10 5:44 AM
I'm wondering if its a system problem? I had no problems running the game and the graphics were crystal clear and moved really fast... Hope your problem gets solved. I am no good with technical sides of things

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 27, 10 5:46 AM
It is definitley someting to do with our graphics cards- I have Vista on both my PC's and it works fine on the laptop with an NVidia card-
My desktop with a brand new ATI Radeon card is the one with the problem. I have had similar problem with other games since I had this card and resolved it by turning off "3d acceleration" in options. This game has no such option.

I wrote to Realore regarding this when the game was released, their advise was to try various settings in my graphics control panel but nothing worked.

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Sep 27, 10 6:04 AM
I am getting Error: Access violation at 0x0301EFAE (tried to write at 0x000000000), program terminated

I had this with a different game and no workaround was found. Looks like I won't be trying this one.

[Post New]by Sootywillow on Sep 27, 10 6:05 AM
I am also having problems running this game with clicking things having a slow motion action and jerky movements which makes play awkward and frustrating. Pity as it looked like a good game.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Sep 27, 10 6:24 AM
catsholidayhome wrote:
This game has an immediate "access violation" - then it really made an effort and tried to start but that also ended up as "access violation".

Ditto

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Sep 27, 10 6:45 AM
Update. Tried the game from a different site using default install. It worked. Looks like something is wrong with the Big Fish build and/or game manager. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking.

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Sep 27, 10 7:33 AM
Same issues as Angel_angel and Sooty willow.: herky-jerky character movement and sluggish play. Perhaps it's something with our systems...but what ? I have hp PC 6 mos. old and running 64 bit Win7 OS with all drivers etc. up to date.

I'll send my problem on to tech support - they are going to be so sick of me. In 3 years of BFG membership I've contacted them maybe 5 times and 3 have been in the last 3 weeks.

Zariajewel
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zariajewel on Sep 27, 10 8:09 AM
Severe lagging! After uninstalling and reinstalling, the game finally came up--instead of "Access violation at line blah blah blah".

Please fix! I loved MKFTP 1 & 2 and really like the style of this game!

[Post New]by ArthurDent on Sep 27, 10 9:24 AM
Hello all,

- Game runs ok in WinXP SP3.
- In Win7 32bit it cannot run since it keeps flickering between blackscreen and game screen. It looks like the game is Alt-Tabbing all the time on its own. Win7 system is a notebook with an ATI Radeon HD 4570.
- This is so sad since this game looks like a definite buy for me.

Regards,
Arthur

jbtvs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by jbtvs on Sep 27, 10 10:16 AM
I agree with everyone posting about sluggish, jerky game play. It would definitely be a buy for me, as well. I just need to be able to play it! I hope this gets resolved

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Sep 27, 10 10:53 AM
The jerky movement happens on my pc too, I have windows 7 32 bit with an Nvidia graphics card all up to date.

I really wanted to buy this one too as I loved MKFTP

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Sep 27, 10 11:54 AM
Getting an "Access Violation" error upon launching the game too
Going to try reinstalling, although somehow I doubt it'll help...

I have Windows 7 64-bit with up-to-date ATI Radeon HD 5700 card -- no problem with any of the many other BFG games I play.

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 11:57:55 AM PST

Go to: