bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 28, 10 12:54 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by sadji on Sep 28, 10 1:45 AM
The Game didn't start on my Win 7/ 64 bit system

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 28, 10 2:26 AM
sadji wrote:The Game didn't start on my Win 7/ 64 bit system

Same here - I also have Win 7/ 64 bit. I'm just reinstalling in the hope it will.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 28, 10 2:31 AM
Just reinstalled and it still doesn't load. I'm so disappointed having read the comments about this game. Hope BF tech department can come up with an answer very soon.

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Sep 28, 10 3:00 AM
Same here. Won't open in Win 7/64 bit. This is the second game they put out recently that had this issue. Hope it's a quick fix.

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Sep 28, 10 3:59 AM
won't open in win7/ 64 bit. After all the game problems that have been happening lately, you'd think this would stop happening. It doesn't pay to have a new computer with more then enough required equipment.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 28, 10 4:00 AM
jerimeri wrote:Same here. Won't open in Win 7/64 bit. This is the second game they put out recently that had this issue. Hope it's a quick fix.

Me too. We've been a bit short of good HOG/adventure games in the past couple of weeks and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Sep 28, 10 4:07 AM
Same problem - can't demo cause it won't open. Running windows 7

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Sep 28, 10 4:09 AM
task manager says the game is open - my monitor says ha ha

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 4:57:09 AM PST

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Sep 28, 10 4:26 AM
same here...restarted computer twice but nothing...brand new computer here only one month old. what the heck??????????????

[Post New]by howard322 on Sep 28, 10 5:10 AM
Having same issue. Reloaded twice and rebooted each time. Comes up to a black screen that I have to use Task Mgr to close out.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Sep 28, 10 5:21 AM
Add me to the list of 7/64 users with issues. Task Manager doesn't even recognize that the game is running. Hope that the glitch gets fixed, and THEN hoping it doesn't inform me that my 60 minute trial period has expired.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 28, 10 5:31 AM
I am also running on Windows 7 and have the same problem. Please fix this soon. I will try to deinstall the game and install it again. If that doesn`t solve the problem, I will send a email to the Customer Support.

Edit: Deinstall and install again the game worked for me. The game runs now very fun on my desktop-laptop.

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 6:00:44 AM PST

ezputt
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ezputt on Sep 28, 10 5:47 AM
Hi all fishies,

I get frozen when it says "loading" to the next place I want to go. Only played 10 minutes so far. Loading is verrrry long!! Anyone have the same problem?

Thanks, have a great day.

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Sep 28, 10 5:51 AM
ezputt wrote:Hi all fishies,

I get frozen when it says "loading" to the next place I want to go. Only played 10 minutes so far. Loading is verrrry long!! Anyone have the same problem?

Thanks, have a great day.

I am having the same problems. Whenever I go somewhere else the screen goes black for ages with "loading" in the bottom right for at least 30 seconds if not longer. Also when I clicked exit it froze and I was just about to use task manager when it worked.

ezputt
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ezputt on Sep 28, 10 6:00 AM
Hi Zoesgran,

Thanks for the response! I tried again, same thing, black screen and takes forever to load. Never had a problem like that. I'm afraid to buy this game even though many are extatic about this game and buying it.

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on Sep 28, 10 6:00 AM
Same here, new computer Windows 7 Game says it is running computer says no can only "close " by restarting After trying to like King Arthur and failing this is trying to say the least

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Sep 28, 10 6:15 AM
even tho one or two fishies have it running on their win7 puters, the system requirements are for xp or vista operating systems

it may work on some win7 systems but you really can't blame the dev's or BF if it doesn't, it wasn't intended to, and they probably won't be fixing it, in their eyes it isn't broken

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Sep 28, 10 6:22 AM
okletmewin12 wrote:even tho one or two fishies have it running on their win7 puters, the system requirements are for xp or vista operating systems

it may work on some win7 systems but you really can't blame the dev's or BF if it doesn't, it wasn't intended to, and they probably won't be fixing it, in their eyes it isn't broken

If that's the case we should be allowed to install it in compatibility mode.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 28, 10 6:52 AM
I also have Window 7/64 bit. The game installed just fine; didn't request it to go into retro mode. However, from there on out I had major problems. When I tried to open and play the game, it froze up my entire computer. I did control/alt/del and the whole computer locked up. I had to shut the computer off, but when I turned it back on, it came back up in the exact same frozen, locked up screen it had shut off in. I did that twice. The third time when I turned the computer back on I hit F2 while it was trying to boot up. This time when the screen came back up, I was able to hit the start button in the lower left corner and do an official shut down. When the computer rebooted, it came up in normal windows mode. I uninstalled the game as fast as I could, and I never want to see it again.

I cannot believe, with so many Windows 7 systems out there, that the developers wouldn't have tested this game on Windows 7/64 bit and wouldn't have worked out such a HUGE issue BEFORE releasing the game. Worst situation I've ever encountered with any game I've EVER played.

Go to: