Help, Game Terminates!

[Post New]by teddythebigdog on Sep 28, 10 10:32 PM
About six minutes into this game I get a window poping up stating, "access violation at 0X7C911948 (tried to read program 40x00000000) Program terminated." I've recently bought this game, and my graphics card isn't having problems or anything. I'm running XP and everything else is running smoothly. Can I get a patch for this or something? Or is this a coding error?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Help, Game Terminates!

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 28, 10 11:27 PM
Maybe there is some compatibility setting for this game to run on XP. I bought it years ago when member of another game club. Was on old Windows ME 2000 at the time. When I bought a pc with xp later it wouldn't run. Same thing, started then froze up. I had to uninstall it, never knew it was because of xp or the old game mgr from the other site so never got around to asking CS since I didn't buy it here.

I'd love to buy this from BF but if you say it's glitchy on XP I guess I'd have to load the demo and see how far I get, then ask CS. I know some games on Properties tab (I thin, right click icon) has an option to switch to older win version, maybe even ME or w98? I don't know where else you find Compatibility besides on the game itself and some don't have it. Now I'm on both xp and new laptop W7. I really miss that game, was a lot of fun with so many variations of game play and so many layouts.

Let me know if you solve it, I'd buy it. I switched to Mahjong Towers Eternity, but older just Mahjong Towers wouldn't run, froze up like Gardens to Go. I've read others with problems on newer MT Eternity stopping after 500 rounds, but think there is a workaround making a new player file or something. I never got that far.

;

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 10 1:35 AM
UPDATE I just loaded the demo from BF to my pc with XP. There are 3 games so I first chose traditional. Was playing fine for about 10 min then got AccViol Error 0x7C911689 tried to read from 0x000000 Game terminated.

I went back to the game on gm mgr Play Again. I chose the second game with the seasons and extra cells (my fav) Played 2 games no problem, maybe half hour. I then chose the third wheel game, no problem, went through one round. Then went back to first Traditional Mahjong, about 8 min into game AccViol 0x7C910FIE tried to read 0xxx000000 etc. Am writing here so later I can refer back and send to CS. The game page to buy does say xp, vista. My pc has Intel graphics. Never had a problem with it on ME, but some of these old games may just not play on newer pcs. My first mahjong game Kiodi wouldn't run either, but then I think it did on Vista but the graphics were all different, must have been an upgrade.

Will keep in touch. Probablly won't run on new W7 laptop but worth a try. btw I don't ever have anything else running with a game. I even close browser and play full screen. If it would stay running on the second 2 games I may buy it and forget the Traditional game. But don't have enough demo time now to run Freecell one longer to test. I don't know of other games that give you a free cell to park a tile on.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 1:38:14 AM PST

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Sep 29, 10 1:49 AM
I've been playing this game for about 2 years on an XP and have never had any problems what so ever.

Call CS before shooting your computer, or yourself. It was one of the first games I bought, so was a total beginner. That's why I'm thinking they might have an easy fix?

If they can make a game that a newbie idiot can play for sheer enjoyment they might have a fix for people who can speak computerease.

If they cannot fix it there is always the old "money back" which is not very satisfying,

Good luck.

moonlight

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 10 4:48 AM
Thanks Moonlight. That's encouraging to keep at it if you are on XP with no glitches I'll try again. May be differences in graphics cards. The game certainly doesn't take much RAM to run or other stuff. I do have more problems with some older games, then none with new ones unless it is a patch everyone else needs. Gardens must be 5 years old.

If it runs on W7 I'll buy it again. I bought a new laptop just to play games on. But that screen reduces them so small I need hints hints hints like on my favs, HOGS. Can't get a refund on mine since that club is no more. At least if buying again here, I'm sure CS can help me out or a coupon.

btw I found a really fun Mahjong on a DD awhile back, looked like a kid's game, big colorful tiles, quick HOGs between levels Alice's Magical Mahjong I think is the name based on Wonderland. If you like a new one for a change you may like it. Seems it has the cell to park tiles in, been awhile but very addictive cuz it's so "pretty" and good for old eyes.

Oh wow, just saw a new mahjong featured today on main page, better check it out. I've picked up several others on DDs, fun for the price but not like Gardens. I look for those with good graphics easy on the eyes.

mae601
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mae601 on Oct 16, 10 6:58 PM
The same thing is happening to me. Do you have a solution? I really love this game but this error violation termination screen is really beginning to bug me.

Help, Game Terminates!

[Post New]by floor64 on Oct 19, 10 2:12 PM
teddythebigdog wrote:About six minutes into this game I get a window poping up stating, "access violation at 0X7C911948 (tried to read program 40x00000000) Program terminated." I've recently bought this game, and my graphics card isn't having problems or anything. I'm running XP and everything else is running smoothly. Can I get a patch for this or something? Or is this a coding error?

Help, Game Terminates!

[Post New]by floor64 on Oct 19, 10 2:15 PM
floor64 wrote:
teddythebigdog wrote:About six minutes into this game I get a window poping up stating, "access violation at 0X7C911948 (tried to read program 40x00000000) Program terminated." I've recently bought this game, and my graphics card isn't having problems or anything. I'm running XP and everything else is running smoothly. Can I get a patch for this or something? Or is this a coding error?

I have the same, I think there is a bug in the program, waste of money this game! So people don't buy it!!

[Post New]by myhappylab on Aug 15, 11 9:10 PM
Just installed this game today. Really fun when it runs. But, just like the other folks, this game terminates on a regular basis. Sometimes it will lock up my computer and somtimes just stops working. Not fun. Especially for a person not long on patience!

[Post New]by bdakine12u on Feb 1, 12 3:11 AM
Yes game terminates- says "trying to read...."
the other optional games work and i like the theme and music. luckily it was a discount game i purchased- so i will accept that i lost access to that one part of the game.

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Oct 19, 12 6:58 AM
Having exactly the same problem on my new laptop with Win 7 . a shame because I was enjoying playing, but not enough to have to keep re-starting every 3 minutes.

[Post New]by DreamWolf_7 on Oct 20, 12 7:07 PM
Same issue here too, Win 7. Doesn't matter what browser I use, cleared cache, yaddda and constantly get misc error messages, game freezes and terminates or I have to force it shut with prog mgr.......really irritating! This is the ONLY game that has issues.

[Post New]by DreamWolf_7 on Nov 22, 12 5:52 PM
does support ever check these threads and offer any fixes? This is beyond annoying now!

[Post New]by mshare69 on Dec 3, 12 7:40 AM
I also have had trouble with this game shutting down. Also when have turned it off it says games still on. I am going to have to uninstalled it. I really like the game. I have windows vista

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 3, 12 10:28 AM
Hi mshare69 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game! What you describe sounds like a kind of crash, and the first thing we suggest in that case is to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not working correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running with your particular system and work with you directly to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by peotten on Jul 12, 14 4:34 AM
OK, I'm a newbe! What's CS? My game also terminates. I haven't tried the other two games yet. Does anyone know how to leave a message for Big Fish?

Go to: