bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 29, 10 1:08 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing

[Post New]by patnsky on Sep 29, 10 2:16 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... been waiting for FFGF since I saw that it was going to be available several weeks ago. I even went to a different site to test it. The music is nice, but then I keep the music and sounds down. Love the graphics. Like any new game, but it will take time to become good and not have to think out every step. Every thing is so different and it is taking me time to get used to it. We are dealing with fish instead of farm animals. A fish feeder instead of a well. Fish roe instead of farm eggs etc.

I have only done 10 levels so I do not know what other fish we will be dealing with. Oh, yes, we still have those pesty bears, but we also have sharks that carry the bears away.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you BF for making this available.

Truly a big

Pat

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on Sep 29, 10 7:09 AM
I like all the Frenzy games and own all, but am tired of how slow they load and play. It's only these games.I will not buy until the kinks are out and the game doesn't pause. Sorry BF, I'm glad this game is here but won't waste money untl there is a fix.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 29, 10 7:23 AM
Am I as dumb as this? I can't figure this game out. I've been feeding fish and making different things but I don't know how to make the cakes, so I spent 1 hr of demo time trying to figure this game out.

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Sep 29, 10 7:27 AM
This is a very cute idea compared to the other Farm Frenzy games, but it is running very slow. Once they fix it, I will be buying it.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 29, 10 7:31 AM
I have so enjoyed all the games in the Farm Frenzy series...until I got to this one. I like the graphics. I like the fact it's fish not chickens, guinea fowl, penguins, whatever. But that's as far as it goes.

Within this genre of games, Gone Fishing is the absolutely most discouraging, most difficult of all the games to play. It's 5 x's harder to make silver or gold, which has been a necessity if you wanted sufficient bonus gold in order to purchase the upgrades. But in Gone Fishing, even when you do make silver or gold, you don't get sufficient coins to purchase the necessary upgrades and you end up replaying levels many many times in order to get enough coins to purchase the upgrades to open the path ahead in order to continue playing. And that's from the very first level played on.

This game is discouraging enough to me, and I love this style of game and have played the other Farm Frenzy games at least 3 x's a piece, that I quit before the demo time was up, uninstalled and have absolutely no intent to purchase it. The level of difficulty this one starts at is the level of difficulty the other games ended at.

Scootmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Scootmama on Sep 29, 10 7:42 AM
I've tried the Farm Frenzy and I must ask fo help catching anything in
a cage, it never woks for me so I delete the game again.

Any hints would help. I click I see the cage flash and then
it's gone. I love gaming and do lots of it so what's the deal
with this cage??? LOL please help!!

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 7:45:17 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 29, 10 8:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of TM games, since most seem to be a repeat with the graphics changed. This is a cute game and was fun to play. I couldn't get the caviar butter maker to work, and given what I've read in some of the other threads, it's evidently still buggy. I'll wait on this one. Hopefully the developer will be able to do a "fix".

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 29, 10 8:04 AM
Sonofstar, I agree with you. The game play is too rigid and unforgiving for me. Be a split second late and your fish are dead. To be honest, I've always hated the bears in the Farm Frenzy games. The pressured play takes away the fun and the relaxed mode isn't available until the 45th level is completed. Egad! If I could get to 45 wouldn't want or need relaxed. The graphics, new lagoon motif are wonderful, darn it, but I don't want to use a credit and be frustrated after just a few levels. I like the Farm Mania games better, more my speed.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Sep 29, 10 8:39 AM
I love this game. When I downloaded it from the makers site on 9-02, it was not only slow, it was also black screening and turning off. This game had not been beta tested at the time. I contacted them and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix. They have fixed this game and BigFish has the fixed version.

A game with graphic intensive content like this one will need extra time to load.

Also after you upgrade the cage etc, everything will run smoothly. I have zero complaints with this Frenzy game.

I'll also be buying it from BigFish since it's way more portable and convenient.

Once again as an owner of every Farm Frenzy game, I have to say that I really really love this one.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 29, 10 8:47 AM
Adorable game.
At level 20 comes in an oyster that produces pearls, selling for 1000 for just 1.

Looking forward to many hours of game fun again.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 29, 10 8:52 AM
bee4u wrote:I like all the Frenzy games and own all, but am tired of how slow they load and play. It's only these games.I will not buy until the kinks are out and the game doesn't pause. Sorry BF, I'm glad this game is here but won't waste money untl there is a fix.

Hi bee,
l have a 4 year old pc and a 1 year old laptop (excuse me - l can't fill you in with all the technical issues there - can't do that with my car either ),
but: l play all the FF-games on the laptop, while it runs very smooth and fast there.
On my older pc the game runs slow motion and there does not come up any text in game
So l pressume it is not the game itself.

BTW - if l do play FF on my older pc, l easier get Gold.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 29, 10 8:57 AM
hannah57 wrote:Am I as dumb as this? I can't figure this game out. I've been feeding fish and making different things but I don't know how to make the cakes, so I spent 1 hr of demo time trying to figure this game out.

Hi Hannah,
Did you try the helipcopter on the right bottom?
You have to sent that off and buy stuff you need to make the cakes.

Set your mouse/arrow on the 'factory' and other machines, and it'll show you what it needs to produce.
Go back with arrow on the lake and back to the machine if it does not show up at first.

lt'll work - no worries.

Good luck

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 29, 10 9:01 AM
Scootmama wrote:I've tried the Farm Frenzy and I must ask fo help catching anything in a cage, it never woks for me

Hi Scootmama,
keep clicking on the cage until it stays there permanent.
If you have space in your storage, it'll go there and you can sell the caught animal.

You can buy upgrades in the shop for the cage as well; in later levels when you have all the upgrades, you'll catch them in 3 clicks.

Good luck.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 29, 10 9:36 AM
Been waiting for this one too...now I have a very busy few days ahead...but maybe by the weekend I can give it a try!

[Post New]by Zoortje on Sep 29, 10 10:39 AM
Hi all! Iam also a big fan of the FF games, just played the demo and it was nice but have to agree with some of you that's almost not possible to get a golden rank. And I have tried 3 times 2 get golden rank in different levels.
It starts 2 hard. Have to get alot of fish/ caviar etc in a short time and little change 2 make money to buy upgrades in the game. That's different from the other FF games. . Still is a fun game, altough i am not sure if i want to buy. Have fun all.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 29, 10 10:39 AM
All you wonderful enthusiasts have whet my appetite to try the game again. Heck, I might get snappier with practice.

journey2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by journey2 on Sep 29, 10 10:47 AM
I think I am also tired of the FF games. Same ol' thing. And I also agree, this one seems to run much slower than usual. I think I will skip buying this one.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 29, 10 1:44 PM
No money on this one. So disappointed. I couldn't get the fish food to dispense until after the fish died. This is just the first pool. It does load very slowly. Having to click and click and click to cage the bear is ridiculous.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 29, 10 1:53 PM
The game is a different take on Farm Frenzy. This time you are raising fish. The graphics are well done. The gameplay is pretty standard for this series. You still have bears that drop in to wreck stuff, though now you have shark to take them out rather than dogs. There are still buildings, upgrades and stuff to purchase. It is a cute twist.

This game is an A-.

Go to: