bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 29, 10 1:08 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing technical issues here only

[Post New]by bee4u on Sep 29, 10 7:06 AM
Slow,SSLLOOWW,SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW. You get the bugs out and I'll buy it,until then I'vegot better things to do with ten minutes of my time to get through 2 levels.And no it's not my computer or firewall or anything else... it's always the frenzy games!

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Sep 29, 10 7:26 AM
Yes, it is very slow for me too. I usually do not have any issues with BF games but this is VERY slow moving from screen to screen. Please fix.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Sep 29, 10 8:05 AM
It's a bit slow for me, but my problem with this game is after I play a few minutes my computer shuts itself off. Very frustrating because I like this game and I have a game credit I would just love to use for it. I have played the other FarmFrenzy game and have not had this problem.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 29, 10 8:53 AM
Put my name in the hat for this as well. EXTREMELY SLOW ! So slow I didn't even complete the whole demo. Would love to buy the game as I love the Farm Frenzy games but with this one it takes way to long to even try and complete a level just got frustrated and left it. Great game though and I was looking forward to buying the game but with it like this I'm not so sure if it gets fixed then I will most definitely buy it.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Sep 29, 10 9:12 AM
I sped up the loading time by going to the help page. After finding the right category, I reinstalled my flash player and my shockwave - the links to the sites are right there on the help page. I rebooted my computer and when I restarted the game, it did load much faster.

It doesn't take anymore time to load that Royal Envoy or any other graphic intensive game.

My computer does black screen on a regular basis, but only when I'm in Windows Live Mail.

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Sep 29, 10 10:55 AM
If you run the Farm Frenzy games in windowed mode they do play better as far as loading times and lag. It also makes it a bit easier to pick items up since you don't have too move cursor as far.

[Post New]by DamageInc356 on Sep 29, 10 11:51 AM
Won't switch to windowed mode. I toggle the full screen option to off and nothing happens.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Sep 29, 10 9:34 PM
Well, I bought the game, because I always buy the FF games!
But yep, once again, it's slow... and choppy... and I get frustrated after a couple of levels. So I shall go once again to check on the flash, shockwave, directx, graphics drivers, you name it.

It's a shame because even if you do get help from the BFG customer service bods, you end up feeling like you have an inadequate system when you know you haven't & most of the other games are absolutely perfect!

Why is it just the FF series, & after numerous complaints about it across a lot of the forums, haven't they done something about it??

[Post New]by apitts2003 on Sep 30, 10 1:35 PM
I was able to play the first like 4 levels and had to leave. Came back and even after restarting my system it will not load past the first page that shows the fish. I can't get to the main menu page. This was a problem with the last FF game I bought. Any ideas?

Jenc272
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jenc272 on Sep 30, 10 4:16 PM
Mine is very slow too. It takes between 30 seconds to a minute between every level, and even during the level, it stutters. I know that my shockwave is updated because I just had a reboot, and it asked me to update it. I have also had problems with other games, so I have already done all the tricks to try to get them to work.

I am using Windows 7. Might that be a problem? I have gone in and changed the compability even, but that doesn't always work either.

Like the first poster, it took 10 min to play 2 levels. Frustrating.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Sep 30, 10 7:43 PM
Well, I planned to buy this game - I have bought all the FF games. But after getting a bluescreen error 3x when going to the helicopter on about the 4th level (1st one with the incubator), no thanks.

And yes, I got the error even after doing all of the recommended updates on the "frequent crashing of game" page.

So, no buy for me until the bluescreen problem is fixed.

GreenMeany
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMeany on Oct 1, 10 12:45 AM
I'm lucky I suppose I had a small problem with the game being slow, however once I put another 1gig of ram in it was fine. The only problem is occassionally it pauses for a nano secend and then its fine. Seems very hungry for ram.

[Post New]by charity52 on Oct 1, 10 4:52 AM
I don't seem to be having the loading and slow play issues everyone else is talking about, and I haven't had to update anything either, and I play on a really old Dell!!! My problem is that my game doesn't recognise that I have collected the pearls on level 25, therefore I can't finish the level and move on! Is this a game error or is it a glich on my system only? PS. Loving the game

[Post New]by samhare on Oct 1, 10 1:25 PM
Every time I buy a FF game (and I am hooked so I buy each one) I am always waiting for some sort of fix. Usually the freeze and blue screen show up when it's time to go the trophy room not this time, I cannot get past the first level you get the helicopter in, so what fourth or fifth level in? Once again I will wait for a fix. You would think that a company would figure this out before release, but no, once again there is a problem. Oh and while I can play on my PC in my office, although slow, the crash comes on my laptop, every time.

[Post New]by popppy54 on Oct 2, 10 1:43 AM
mine is not slow, but the fish feeder will not feed the fish, and yes I have plenty of food? anyone any ideas? checked all the usual, re downloaded it.

[Post New]by cdechau on Oct 2, 10 10:38 AM
The Awards section is not recognizing any of my accomplishments, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

[Post New]by WaterOtter on Oct 2, 10 11:12 AM
The game will not switch to Window Mode. I check the box but the screen doesn't change.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Oct 2, 10 11:41 AM
RE: Blue screen error with helicopter

I had a little free time today, and it occurred to me that I had not uninstalled & reinstalled the game after doing the updates on the "frequent crashing of game" page. So I did that - uninstalled & reinstalled.

I started the level (4 or 5) with the helicopter, and thought the problem was fixed - the first time I clicked the helicopter, it worked just fine and I bought my 2 butters for the cakes. Then I realized I would not finish in time and restarted the level.

This time when I clicked on the helicopter, I got the ol' blue screen error again. Updating did not fix the problem, nor did the uninstall/reinstall.

I will not be buying this game until this problem is fixed. Maybe if there's a Mac version, I'll buy it - I have a brand-new Mac Mini, and maybe the game will not have problems with it. It sure doesn't like my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. even though other games have no problem with it (and yeah, I only use the Dell for games!)

Very disappointing, developers & Big Fish. Did anybody beta-test this game before release?

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Oct 2, 10 11:51 AM
Geek update.

The blue screen error I get is on Level 5, when I go to the helicopter. It says:

"PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA" (or maybe it's "NONPAGED AREA").

Does anybody have any idea what that particular error message means (in English, for the non-geeks among us?

Incidentally, that's the identical blue-screen "page fault" error I got in one of the earlier FF games when it took me to the Trophy Room. Which leads me to believe the developers have to be aware of this issue since it's happened in previous games. At least this time it's happened early enough that I hadn't bought the game yet!

Have the developers just decided to write off those pf us who get this error instead of fixing the problem? I sure hope not; I like these games.

If I'm way off-base here about the error, please say so. I'm an engineering analyst, not a computer programmer.

Sorry, a no-buy for me. I'm not buying a game that only lets me play 4 levels!

Go to: