bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 29, 10 1:09 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 29, 10 2:22 AM
I'm not a big fan of realistic (?) type graphics. My personal opinion is that they are ugly but that's just me. The 360* camera thingee is definitely not for me,luckily it's optional. It's probably okay once you get use to it but it made me nauseous!
The first puzzle I came to so far was a "find enough space for all the odd shaped pieces within a boundary" type. It was too easy, no challenge at all. It seems to have a decent hint system, and it comes with great instructions for game play and the puzzles which is a big plus for me! I'm undecided whether it's worth the money to me or not. It's not a bad game but I'm a big fan of the "cartoon/hand drawn graphics" and this type of graphics is a big detractor for me personally. It loads and plays perfect. I found no glitches,dialogue is skippable ( ) I'm middle of the road on it. Try it. 3 x
Dr.good
p.s. I threw in an over abundance of "just my opinion and just me" in this post for a reason. Lately there has been a rash of posts attacking members and telling them how wrong they are. If it is my opinion, there is no way I can be wrong now is there? Let's all watch it.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 2:38:58 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 29, 10 2:46 AM
I've been anxiously waiting for Chapter 2 so I was thrilled when I saw it as a soft release today. At first I was very disappointed because the scenery in Chapter 1 was so beautiful and I expected Chapter 2 to also have beautiful scenery and instead it's an office building? But I dived in and began to explore.

There are some nice scenery shots from the roof but still nothing to compare to the scenery of Chapter 1.

I'm playing on easy and it is too easy! Again, compared to Chapter 1 which had some pretty involved puzzles to figure out, Chapter 2 is too simple. I'm only in the first section though so maybe they will get more difficult as I get into the other chapters and maybe it's more difficult in the other mode. I like that I can choose an easy or difficult mode.

It's going to take me about 45 minutes to finish the first section and there are only three sections so I think that I'm going to be disappointed by the length of this one compared to Chapter 1. However there do seem to be a lot of rooms to go through so maybe it will end up being a decent length.

However, I still am enjoying the game. The play is flawless, no glitches. The graphics are crisp and very realistic. I am going to buy it ...... and I will update later on whether it gets more difficult and the length. I just wanted to put some kind of review in the forum so other people will have an idea of what it is like.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 29, 10 3:29 AM
I never finished the first one ... could not get the mirrors alligned right, therefore I couldn't move on ... but....

I'm gonna give this was a shot as well! I enjoyed The Fall Trilogy Chapter 1 ... except for the mirror thing ... so hopefully this will be as good and I can finish it. The walkthrough for Chapter 1 wasn't the best, I'm hoping this one will be good if I happen to get stuck again

It's finished downloading ... so I'm off to give it a try ...

Judy

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 29, 10 4:01 AM
Based on comments about it being a 360-degree type of game, I'm not even going to try it. I get sick from using that type of view.

I also don't care for the "realistic" graphics mentioned. I prefer the ones that are just gorgeous like paintings.

So my review is not a review but a comment that I won't be trying this one at all.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 29, 10 4:03 AM
doctorgood wrote:I'm not a big fan of realistic (?) type graphics. My personal opinion is that they are ugly but that's just me. The 360* camera thingee is definitely not for me,luckily it's optional. It's probably okay once you get use to it but it made me nauseous!
The first puzzle I came to so far was a "find enough space for all the odd shaped pieces within a boundary" type. It was too easy, no challenge at all. It seems to have a decent hint system, and it comes with great instructions for game play and the puzzles which is a big plus for me! I'm undecided whether it's worth the money to me or not. It's not a bad game but I'm a big fan of the "cartoon/hand drawn graphics" and this type of graphics is a big detractor for me personally. It loads and plays perfect. I found no glitches,dialogue is skippable ( ) I'm middle of the road on it. Try it. 3 x
Dr.good
p.s. I threw in an over abundance of "just my opinion and just me" in this post for a reason. Lately there has been a rash of posts attacking members and telling them how wrong they are. If it is my opinion, there is no way I can be wrong now is there? Let's all watch it.
Well said about "personal opinion" etc. Have fun all

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Sep 29, 10 4:07 AM
I would never have known that Fall Trilogy 2 was out had I now checked the new releases list this morning. No one has mentioned it becoming available but I was thrilled to see that it was finally here. I enjoyed Fall Trilogy 1 so much and, even though I haven't tried 2 yet, I am expecting great things from this game. I'll let everyone know what my opinion is once I demo the game. Have a grreat morning.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 29, 10 4:37 AM
carolinacat wrote:Based on comments about it being a 360-degree type of game, I'm not even going to try it. I get sick from using that type of view.

doctorgood said the 360 can be turned off, so I'm going to give it a try. I also get sick when I try to play those games, often within seconds!! I've never managed more than a minute of gameplay, and I can't even be in the same room when the kids are playing an Xbox game of that type.

I just edited this post, because I had asked if the Chapter 1 also had 360 that could be turned off - then I checked the forum for that game, and the first post was FROM ME, and I said it was a fabulous game and praised the developers for giving us the option to turn off the 360!

So carolinacat, and anyone else, if this game is as good as the first one you will really be missing something if you don't give the free trial "a whirl." Just make sure you head to the Options menu first to shut down the 360.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 4:47:46 AM PST

sittich
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sittich on Sep 29, 10 4:37 AM
I am the only one???
I hav downloaded the "try-it"-version of the game (three times), but it doesn`t start. I press the "play now"-Button - nothing happens. After a while, I see: "You have 60 min of free playing remaining. Play again? When I try to do it - again nothing.By the way: I have had no problems with the "chapter 1". I have bought it and it runs

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 4:40:31 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 29, 10 4:46 AM
sittich wrote:I am the only one???
I hav downloaded the "try-it"-version of the game (three times), but it doesn`t start. I press the "play now"-Button - nothing happens. After a while, I see: "You have 60 min of free playing remaining. Play again? When I try to do it - again nothing.By the way: I have had no problems with the "chapter 1". I have bought it and it runs

Sittich,sorry about your luck! Post your problem again under the tech issues post and go ahead and contact tech support they are the best tech support ever and will get it resolved for you.
Dr.good

sittich
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sittich on Sep 29, 10 4:57 AM
Thank you, dr. good - I have done it. Sorry, I´m from Germany and my English is so awfull

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 29, 10 4:58 AM
I just wanted to post a big "YES" to Dr. Good's statement that if someone has an opinion about a game and they post it, they should not be chastised for it. (See the first five pages of Finding Hope if ya don't know what I'm talking about). An opinion is just that.

Now I don't think the opinions should ever give the game plot etc away as seemed to happen there.

Upon seeing this soft release video I thought -- well people who start salivating at electronic boards and realistic "futuristic" scenery are gonna love this.

That's not me. But I LOVE it that there are tons of game so everyone gets to play what they like.

I have to say, after the reviews I may have to try it or Chapter 1 WITh the 360 thing off (way to motion sick) !!!!

Happy gaming to all who love this type of game. Me, I'm LOVING Columbus!!!

grace

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 29, 10 5:00 AM
doctorgood, thank you for the kind review - I agree that lately we've seen far too many "reviews" that start out "this game sucks," or "worst game ever" and it's difficult at that point to imagine it won't become a shouting match. Starting out on a positive note makes the forum so much more pleasant to visit.

I loved the fact that this game started out with a "Previously in Chapter 1" segment, because once I saw that I remembered the game, and I remembered I couldn't wait for the next chapter to show up because the end of Chapter 1 was such a cliff-hanger.

I've played for a bit now and I haven't had any tech problems, which thrills me! I have learned lately that I may be a bit premature, so I'll give an update when the game is over (Twisted Lands played great until the final cutscene, so I will never know how that game ends).

Happy gaming, everyone! If you haven't played Chapter 1, check out that forum and give it a free trial.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 29, 10 5:17 AM
I also would not have known unless I checked the soft release. I was very happy to see it. I really enjoyed the first one. Actually, I believe it is one of my favourite games.
I love the voice, the puzzles are not too difficult but you have to think logically and I like that. The graphics are very good. The music is great. It doesn't make you feel pressured at all. The hint system could not be better. If you click on the question mark and then the task you need to perform, it will give you a good tip.
I didn't realize I could turn off the 360, although I don't mind it. But that's a great option.
This is a definite buy for me on October 1st. Thank you BFG and to the developers.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 29, 10 5:31 AM
oops! the 360 can only be turned off in Casual mode.
I prefer to play Adventure but the 360 is fine with me.
And it's got slider puzzles. Cannot resist those. Also as for the length, for me it is very good because I take my time. Work at the puzzles until I get it. And since the voice is good for me I like listening to the story line.
Very happy with this game.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 29, 10 6:27 AM
OK, I played through my hour demo, and it's a buy for me - I'm just trying to hold off until Friday, so I don't waste a punch.

The graphics are crisp and clear, but some of the objects are very small - I got to the last one twice and had to use a hint for the last one. One redeeming aspect is the light atmosphere - chromaticly, that is. It takes place (so far) in a bright, modern office building. The minigames - again, so far - are fairly standard, but there are interesting twists to them that make them more enjoyable.

I did have a bit of trouble figuring out the security cameras, so that game could have used more explicit instructions, but luckily the walkthrough was much clearer on what was expected so I managed to get though that one. I can't really say more without getting into spoilers, but I will say that the game does meet most of my logic tests - he hasn't done anything so far that makes you ask "why on earth would he think to do that?"

Overall, it looks like 3 to 4 hours of solid gameplay on Casual mode, so I'd say it's well worth the game credit or $6.99.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 29, 10 9:20 AM
Thanks everbody for your detailed, thoughtful reviews / comments!
Missed FT-Chapter 1 but I'm off to d/l both C1 & C2 as, based on the terrific infos in this thread, these seem perfectly the type of game I enjoy!
Extra thanks to Dr.Good for encouraging useful, non-attacking posts. The "game sucks" or "game's a ripoff" posts, typically based on someone's 8 minutes of playing & fast peek at walkthrough are in my opinion discouraging to other players, developers & publishers--hence useless.
Thanks all for making this thread a joy to read!

Will edit to add review comments after doing the demo(s).

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Sep 29, 10 9:24 AM
Wow! A proper adventure. Really enjoying this as it's right up my street. The graphics are first class. If you play casual mode you won't get the 360 degree view. This really makes a change from temples, islands etc. A very ultra modern setting makes a real breath of fresh air. Loving the tasks and the puzzles. As someone else pointed out the instructions are very good. Will be definite buy next month with my punch card coupon. Shame it didn't get a "proper" release - fishies might have overlooked this.

[Post New]by puddleduck4946 on Sep 29, 10 10:41 AM
loved the games, but was entirely too short. this is my favorite type of game but i like them to be longer.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 29, 10 11:09 AM
sittich wrote:Thank you, dr. good - I have done it. Sorry, I´m from Germany and my English is so awfull

Hi sittich and welcome to the pond. You English is great compared to my Deutsch!
~Peeshee~

Go to: