bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Chocolatier: Decadence by Design technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 29, 10 1:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Chocolatier: Decadence by Design technical issues here only

[Post New]by sbessg on Oct 4, 10 6:36 PM
I contacted Big Fish support about this, but they were less than helpful; the representative who replied to my request treated it like a gameplay or hint request, which it is now. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250GB HDD. Chocolatier 3, when I installed it on my computer, has several technical issues that make it impossible for me to play the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice to no avail.

Upon starting a new game, in map view, all of the ports are displayed as locked -- even the secret ports found later in the game (I own the Windows version as well). In addition to this issue, the recipe book has all recipes, including Basic Chocolate Bars, grayed out. When I attempt to change the recipe to Milk Chocolate Bars (as required in the first section of the game), I am told that I do not know the recipe. This is problematic. Is anyone else having this issue?

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Oct 6, 10 1:01 PM
I had that issue a couple of times when I first bought the game. Initially, what I did to circumvent the problem was change player when I wanted to quit for the night and save and quit at that point (it automatically saves my actual game). What I mean is, when I was done playing the game I was working on (my 'Mama's Chocolatier' file), I would go to menu and do 'change player' and go to 'dummy placeholder' file (another one I started that was actually blank) and save and quite chocolatier from that file. I don't know why it worked but it did.

A few system software updates later, for some reason this was no longer a problem.

As for the bars recipe menu all being darked out, I found that happened to me a couple of times when I clicked forward too quickly without reading the screen first (ie, after you're played this game a few times, you already know the opening schpiel from Alex, and the meaning of the red and green progress bars etc). That happens earlier enough on in the game that I just started a new file, played it, saved it and went back to the other one and problem solved. I think it's probably some kind of Chocolatier/Mac OSX conflict that resolves itself once all the software updates are complete.

[Post New]by sbessg on Oct 6, 10 7:33 PM
Thank you so much, swisscheese! I tried your advice and it worked -- I really appreciate it!

[Post New]by Imaidiot on Oct 23, 10 3:26 PM
My game stopped working. I can't get into the game anymore. I keep going to the screen that appears when I exit the game. I deleted it and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work. Please help. Thanks.

[Post New]by SweeterThanWine on Nov 5, 10 7:45 PM
sbessg wrote:I contacted Big Fish support about this, but they were less than helpful; the representative who replied to my request treated it like a gameplay or hint request, which it is now. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250GB HDD. Chocolatier 3, when I installed it on my computer, has several technical issues that make it impossible for me to play the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice to no avail.

Upon starting a new game, in map view, all of the ports are displayed as locked -- even the secret ports found later in the game (I own the Windows version as well). In addition to this issue, the recipe book has all recipes, including Basic Chocolate Bars, grayed out. When I attempt to change the recipe to Milk Chocolate Bars (as required in the first section of the game), I am told that I do not know the recipe. This is problematic. Is anyone else having this issue?

I had this same issue occur as well, when I contacted customer service they informed me that all they could do was hope that the creators released an update like they did for the windows version.

10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Jan 18, 11 9:47 PM
I've played this a couple of times through and really enjoyed it. I did notice both times when I was doing the last task by getting together 200cases of each of my "specials" that they would keep disappearing from inventory. Is this usual?

[Post New]by annamonomaniac on Apr 24, 11 2:29 AM
I just purchased this game, and not only am I have the problems mentioned above, but every time I quit, whether from the Dummy account or from my actual account, all of my progress is deleted.

Any tips?

[Post New]by foodiemed on Jun 17, 11 5:09 PM
I'm having the same problem as Annamonomaniac.
Aaaaaaah!!!!!!1!!
This has happened to me 3 times and each time I was at the truffle stage.
I really don't want to start all over from the beginning again - please help!

[Post New]by reebiebaby on Oct 10, 11 2:56 PM
why do they offer me recipes, and then the ingredients are not there? It just happened again with vanilla. It's happened with raspberries and other things.

What is the deal?

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Oct 12, 11 4:19 PM
you'll have to hunt around for the ingredients. They aren't necessarily available at the site from which you get the recipe. For instance, the Tokyo factory owner gives you the pecan infusion recipe, but at that stage of the game, you have to go to Hawaii to get the pecans. He also gives you the sesame seed truffle recipe, but he has only the ginger, you have to go to Colombia for the cocoa and to Tangiers for the sesame seeds for that recipe.

I could probably write out the entire list of where each ingredient can be found, but that would take all the searching around aspect out of the game

sandiegosteve
Salmon
Salmon
2,996 Posts

[Post New]by sandiegosteve on Oct 14, 11 9:28 PM
You can't find stuff,,,,,, Because it's a game that the programers who created it, get a GIGANTIC "LOL" out of reading forums like this to see how ignorant people really are..... Really Folks come on..... This game is so simple my 12 yr old breezed thru it in a few days.... Here is the "BIGGEST HINT" you can get for this game.... Follow the quests.... They lead you to what U need to do.... FOLLOW THE QUESTS EXACTLY THE WAY THEY ASK YOU TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear55
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by bear55 on Nov 6, 11 6:41 PM
Truffles are disappearing. I can't keep them when I look back in my inventory they are gone. HELP

[Post New]by HavingFun777 on Nov 29, 11 9:04 AM
Me too, on 10.6.8, same issues. Have reinstalled, etc. May try the dummy save thing, but apparently it may not work.

I worked at a game store, and most of the game industry makes things that won't last long enough for Mac users, and that's putting it nicely. They just don't bother at best, only a few of the smaller companies really try.

[Post New]by mcflover02 on Apr 16, 12 9:51 PM
I'm having the same problem as annamomomaniac and foodiemed. Hate it!

[Post New]by AppyQueen on Jun 3, 12 6:00 PM
Yep - am having the same issues as couple of you. When my ports on the map are locked and the receipt book is greyed out, I just reload another player and read the information in the speech bubbles instead of racing forward. Annoying but seemingly necessary.

HOWEVER - I've played a few times now and despite the fact that I 'save & quit' before leaving the game, I come back and all my work is erased. I am prompted to go and meet Alex again for the first time. Ridiculously annoying and unless you plan on finishing the entire game in one sitting - impossible to play.

Not good enough - need to bring forth an update that will clear these glitches up NOW!

[Post New]by CyberMouse84 on Jun 15, 12 3:25 PM
I am having the same problem. I play the game until about the truffle stage, then when I open the game again, all my progress has been lost and I have to start over again. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by KiteL_02 on Jun 20, 12 3:43 AM
Im having a problem loading my saved game!!

Im working on unlocking the coffee blends and exotics....saved my game....then when i logged back in....all my progress has been deleted!!! How do i retrieve my saved game? Please help!

[Post New]by SerenityPureLuv on Jul 4, 12 10:02 AM
I'm having the same damn problem. It is annoying. I really enjoy this game but if I don't have any answers regarding this, I want my money back. What's the point of playing a game if you can't save it. I'm not about to play this game in one sitting.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 10:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you who are having a problem with your progress not being saved, please check out the suggestions in this help article: Game Not Saving

If you try that and the problem isn't fixed, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your specific computer and work with you to troubleshoot the issue.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: