Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Those little blue hats.. & other cool stuff

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Sep 29, 10 11:34 PM
I noticed that as my villages began to build up, some villagers would show up wearing a lititle blue hat with a white stripe. Looked like a bicycle helmet! And once I came back to a village to find one of the hats lying on the ground.

What are the blue hats?

I love, love, love this game. Just rounding out my second play-through.

The little characters are so cute. I've found that throwing a tree at them---LOL--cures the grumpiness one will get now and then. Flowers, too.

What heroes have been the most helpful to you? And do you have a favorite village?

I am sooo addicted to this game. I hope they come out with a "part 2" or with add-on modules to add to the map.

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 5:19:48 AM PST

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Those little blue hats.. & other cool stuff

[Post New]by ecblisa on Oct 1, 10 11:17 AM
I also love this game, even though I generally hate timers. I haven't figured out the blue hats, although they do not seem to mean unhappiness.

My favorite go-to hero is the mermaid Wellamo. I also often use the hammer thrower, the merman, and the lord of the underworld. I try the others on those levels that are particularly difficult for me (walls plus tar), maybe just for variety. I've noticed that each hero is particularly good on one or two levels after his/her appearance.

I love all of the villages, although I think the second one (with the cliffs on each side) may be my favorite graphics-wise. I do like to try to make the last village livable-looking.

I agree, we need another game like this from the same studio.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Oct 1, 10 4:36 PM
Myth People also did Azkend, which is also beautiful--and challenging! Have you tried it?

I sure want to know about those blue hats!

Here's a source for the original saga:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/kveng/index.htm

The Kalevala is the national saga of Finland. Pieced together (and embellished) by Elias Lönnrot in the late 19th Century, from a traditional cycle told by rural storytellers, the tales which constitute the Kalevala show signs of great antiquity.--J. B. Hare

My favorite hero is Tapio, followed by Ahti. I've only recently begun to use the mermaid. Also use the guy from the underworld and the lightning guy. The hearts and arrows guy is, IMHO, just about useless.

I was just searching for tips, hoping to find out more about those blue hats!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 11, 10 12:16 PM
The little white/blue hats seem to be part of the "mating" ritual. They appear when the villagers meet up, so they're not the special worker hats you buy. Then as in real life, when couples break-up, you will see a little hat on the ground.
Click on it and take it over to some villagers who don't have hats on. You usually see one of them pick it up, then they say "hi", then they go off together.
The more villagers you have, the more hats you'll see on the ground. Once you add the Market to your village (it's very high-traffic) you'll see most hats are dropped around there.
It's really a hoot when one of the villagers picks up the hat you dropped in front of them, they say "hi", then apparently the chemistry is all wrong. The hat gets dropped on the ground again and the villagers go their separate ways. So I pick it up again and try to match-up two others.
The true matchmaker's victory is when they like each other and up pops the bubble showing a baby. Always brings a smile.
Kellie

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on May 5, 11 6:30 PM
It is particularly amusing when you get the odd two men that chat each other up and form a partnership. The first time I saw this, I just grinned. Seemingly the software either has been programmed to be indiscriminate, or it can't tell the difference. )

[Post New]by timewaster54 on Aug 15, 13 7:30 PM
I like this game but would like to know how to get a gardener and go to other villages. I have the cart to travel but it does nothing. I have finished level 150 and started the loop at 51 and now up to 90 and still no gardener. any ideas would be helpful.
I like putting the little hats on them and watch where they go.

Go to: