bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Burger Battle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 30, 10 12:33 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Burger Battle? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Burger Battle

[Post New]by makenna on Sep 30, 10 8:51 AM
[b][i] The game is fun, but the storyline is stupid.....

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 30, 10 12:09 PM
The graphics are cartoony. The gameplay is confusing at first and relatively annoying. The storyline is cute, but lacking.

This game is a D.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 30, 10 1:39 PM
I have played for 30 minutes and hoped, that it will get better... but its only annoying after a while. I don`t recommend this. I will pass on this one

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 1:39:19 PM PST

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 30, 10 1:47 PM
not for me

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 30, 10 5:18 PM
I agree. I thought the graphics were really not good and I usually dont have a problem with the graphics. The close up of the chef between gameplay was a little off putting as well. i found the game quite clumsy and confusing. At first the gameplay was confusing but it got better. It has all the elements of a good game but just hasn't been finished enough for a good game

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Sep 30, 10 11:07 PM
very annoying game, I have to agree........the graphics are too cheesey..........I will pass on this one.......

[Post New]by the_lima on Oct 1, 10 6:47 PM
Did anyone really take the time to REALLY examine this game before inflicting it on the masses?!? I agreed with previous post with respect to the crappy graphics and the confusing game play. Two thumbs down.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 3, 10 9:21 AM
with its cartoony graphics, i thought this would be a great game for my five year old niece who is learning to play match 3 games...

this one, however, is a match four... and not by swapping or grouping, but by trails... she might be smart for her age, but i think this one is beyond her right now...

as for me, i thought it was cute, i liked that there was a shop for upgrades that you visited when you wanted to, not when the game decided it was appropriate... and i liked that you could choose which "burger" you wanted to fix and then collect the specific ingredients for it instead of just making the matches and then wondering what you could do with them... so you could choose the more difficult "burgers" which had more calories and only make a few to fully 'stuff' your opponent while they were making simple egg burgers...

the story is definitely lacking, but it's a match 3[4] game... when has there ever been a real, solid 'story' behind them... i mean - unwell mel = get him better; paradise quest = save/rebuild a habitat; pizza chef = make a better restaurant; jewel quest/bedazzled = make it to the next level... seriously, folks, this isn't an adventure game...

is it cute? yes... is it a simple kinda fun thing to do at the end of the day? probably not, because there is some thought that goes into this... is it a good choice for your tween who thinks halo is gospel? oh, yeah... this is the family-oriented, safe and friendly food fight game that everyone can enjoy...

and the fact that it teaches us that burgers can be really fattening is just the gravy...

speaking of gravy... could someone pass the biscuits?

[Post New]by mandalamama on Oct 6, 10 9:35 AM
i thought my 6-yr-old might like a game like this, because she loves match games with sliding/trailing matches, and she loves food games. however, there are several major problems with Burger Battle.

the graphics are pretty bad, considering it's 2010! ( hellooo, game creators!) the "Engrish" language was cute at first ... until i found that i could not skip 90% of the cut-scenes. also, you can't skip through tutorial text when you're done reading it. all of these pauses add 15-20 seconds per piece of text, making for a slow and frustrating experience.

there's a bar at the bottom of the boards, and if you beat your opponent before it runs out, you get expert. i got expert once, but i don't think my 6-yr-old would be able to do that, because the game play is clumsy - i even tried using my Wacom pen to capture the trails of ingredients, yet it slips up fairly often. i.e. you must go diagonally quite perfectly, which slows down your play, which eliminates your possibility of attaining expert.

my kidlet and i really love matching games other than plain ol' match-3, which is why i always give them a try. i've always "trail matching" - sliding along a trail of pieces - to be quite fun, for example in other games such as Ancient Quest of Saqqarah - which IMO is one of the best matching games ever! (it has at least 5 ways of matching items.) however, all the factors i listed above make me give this game a D-.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Oct 19, 10 8:09 PM
The most frustrating thing about this game was the fact there was no skip for the scenes, and the text speed was soooooo slow!!

The actual game-play I enjoyed, although the upgrades are a little tough to actually get as there are issues with the expert score.

I think I would consider this one as a daily deal, or with a credit, just because sometimes I am not in the right headspace to concentrate so I could wander mentally with this one.

An alright game, but the graphics, slow text speed and the lack of a skip make it a disappointing game.

Go to: