bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Rare Treasures: Dinnerware Trading Company

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 30, 10 12:34 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Rare Treasures: Dinnerware Trading Company? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rare Treasures: Dinnerware Trading Company

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 30, 10 2:16 AM

Think Chocolatier but with plates (China) instead of chocolate (candies).

Angel

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 30, 10 2:36 AM
Totally agree! I didn't get chocalatier and I don't get this one either lol

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Sep 30, 10 3:07 AM
Just looking at the screens on the game page, this reminded me of Chocolatier, and I was hoping I'd find some comparison here on the forum

I enjoyed that game (esp #2), so I'll definitely try this one over the weekend.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 30, 10 6:11 AM
Wow, this looks like a cool game - At work right now or I'd try it! I don't know what it is but something about this game really caught my interest. Looking forward to playing tonight.

budordee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by budordee on Sep 30, 10 6:28 AM
This will have to be a 'no thank you' from me. Too confusing! I was playing with the tutorial walk-through and still didn't get it. I like a challenge, but not this one.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Sep 30, 10 6:37 AM
Love Chocolatier, thought I would like this one. But unfortunately the minigames that affect production (2 match the picture games and a find stuff under a box game) bore me and are way too easy too get perfect. If there was some challenge to getting perfect production numbers and quality, I might stick around longer. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any challenge in keeping enough money around to afford everything. There is more back and forth traveling than even in chocolatier, and your factory does not produce anything unless you are there overseeing it.

I am sure that this is a perfectly good game for plenty of people, but it just doesn't suit my fancy. I want something that is a bit challenging and requires actual strategizing. In this game you simply follow the NPC's instructions to go places, no real thought involved.

steffwhitt
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by steffwhitt on Sep 30, 10 8:06 AM
a fun strategy game??umm dont think so.this is a slow,boring old persons version of chocolatier.defintely not for me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 30, 10 9:11 AM
This game is patterned after CHOCOLATiER, however, it isn't fun. I just love all the Chocolatier games, but this one is a no buy. The tutorial is confusing and not well done. If you want a fun game get Chocolatier. All 3 games are good. Yesterdays DD was the best one of all. It would be worth $6.99 to buy it. It's called Chocolate Decandence. Spelling is wrong, but you will know when you see it.

AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on Sep 30, 10 9:24 AM
I find this game more similar to Winemaker Extraordinaire than to Chocolatier. For example, the variety of supplies in Chocolatier is much greater; in Winemaker you basically bought grapes and bottles ... they came in different colors or shapes, but it was still pretty much grapes and bottles. This game seems to be similar in that regard, mostly clay and glazes so far (I've played about 30 minutes)

On the other hand, in Winemaker, it was lucky for me the stuff in my inventory was labeled, 'cause I couldn't tell one bottle of wine from another in that game ... in this one, the china has different designs, so there is more variety visually.

The production game is exactly like Winemaker's as far as I can tell - matching a line of ingredients in the proper order as they drop down into the box.

And, as someone else has noted, the action seems pretty directed. "Go here, do this, now talk to her," which I also remember from Winemaker. But perhaps you get more latitude as you continue playing. (Actually, the beginning of Chocolatier Decadence was quite directed too)

Now, the characters actually call me by my profile name, like they do in Chocolatier so that's a plus ... but I haven't gotten to design a company sign yet!

All in all, for me, this game and Winemaker are okay substitutes while I wait (hope, hope, hope) for another Chocolatier ... but not quite up to the standard of that series

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 30, 10 9:26 AM
RATS! I was excited when I saw this..I also thought 'Chocolatier'...sadly it seems not so. I will however demo this to see if it has redeeming qualities for me

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Sep 30, 10 10:26 AM
Very intrigued by this game as it seems to be a unique theme! As someone who LOVES china, porcelain, etc., (I have nine full sets of dishes plus lots of antique glassware and china from my Grandmother!), this is right up my alley!. Some people are crazy for shoes, clothes, cars........I'm nuts for dishes! Downloading now and will be back with a review later.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Sep 30, 10 10:53 AM
Still on the fence -- as others have said very similar to the Chocolatier series but not quite as extensive -- at least not yet. I am usually pretty good at figuring out these games but can't seem to figure how to make the first special order of two star dishes...anyone? My tutor is of no help -- all he does is offer me cups of coffee

AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on Sep 30, 10 11:04 AM
CynthiaV wrote:Still on the fence -- as others have said very similar to the Chocolatier series but not quite as extensive -- at least not yet. I am usually pretty good at figuring out these games but can't seem to figure how to make the first special order of two star dishes...anyone? My tutor is of no help -- all he does is offer me cups of coffee

Cynthia - you're right, the tutorial is no help on the star rating thing. Go into the factory. Over on the left side of the screen is a sort of work table. There's a large cauldron and some other item I can't remember. If you click on these two places you get mini-games to increase your star rating in glazes and shaping.

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 11:05:32 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 30, 10 11:51 AM
Very disappointing. I do have Chocaltier and this is not even close. The directions are not clear and the game play is very slow. Not a keeper!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 30, 10 11:58 AM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is easy. While it is a supply/demand economics game as is Chocolatier, this game is the easy version. The supplies are easily available, the mini-games are cake and the travel (load time) is rather long. While I love china, as my bulging china cabinet attests, this game is too easy.

This game is a C.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 30, 10 12:53 PM
I am a big fan from the chocolatier series and also from Winemaker Extraordinaire. I like this game also. I love these type of strategygames and thanks to Bigfish for offering this to us. Its a buy for me

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 30, 10 2:25 PM
I really wanted to enjoy this one, but couldn't even get past the first "blueprint"...very frustrating and wahhh...

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Sep 30, 10 2:50 PM
AbyBess wrote:
CynthiaV wrote:Still on the fence -- as others have said very similar to the Chocolatier series but not quite as extensive -- at least not yet. I am usually pretty good at figuring out these games but can't seem to figure how to make the first special order of two star dishes...anyone? My tutor is of no help -- all he does is offer me cups of coffee

Cynthia - you're right, the tutorial is no help on the star rating thing. Go into the factory. Over on the left side of the screen is a sort of work table. There's a large cauldron and some other item I can't remember. If you click on these two places you get mini-games to increase your star rating in glazes and shaping.

Thanks AbyBess!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 30, 10 3:44 PM
Eisteepfirsich, we seem to have similar taste in games and I usually like the same games you do. I need one more game for my punch card so will give this a good try after supper.

Go to: