Get another worker right away
Build the farm
Clear the snow and chop some trees
Build the sawmill
Pick all the berries and chop a couple more trees to build the bridge
Chop two trees to get to the storehouse
Build the storehouse
Get another worker
Mine the gold by the storehouse, then remove the rocks by the quarry and the gold mine
Build the quarry and gold mine
Use the extra resource bag to collect a bit more of everything--by using it, I think it lets you get the fast boots later on
Build the next bridge, clear the snow and build the fishing hut
Upgrade the quarry
Now, and only now, start building the road--always have one worker building sections of it (if you use up your food and rock before this, you won't be able to get to the fishing hut fast enough)
Now just work along the bottom while collecting resources--you only need a bit more wood (if any) so don't worry about it. Just keep your eye on food, gold and stone. Once the snow banks and rocks are cleared, you don't need to worry about gold either.

Hope that helps!

Nastyharpy
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Help with Level 14 please

[Post New]by Nastyharpy on Oct 2, 10 7:00 AM
thank you! will give it a try!!!

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Oct 6, 10 4:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Peutetre. Worked for me.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 8:39 AM
bump

DejaVu31
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DejaVu31 on Nov 5, 10 9:09 PM
Hey Mate.
Thanks for this.
Much appreciated.
Cheers.

[Post New]by tmg29445 on Nov 6, 10 7:17 PM
GRRRRRR I still cannot get through it. I get to the last part of the road and run out of time. whats wrong with this.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 9, 10 7:02 PM
Here's an alternative method; maybe it will help.

General Tips

I found the most important thing to realize for this level is that the bottom island is far away from the cottage, and there's a lot of work to do there. So once you've cleared off the snowdrifts and boulders there, you need to stop collecting any resources you don’t need, and concentrate on "leapfrogging" your workers, so that you'll be able to click on a dot as soon as it turns green, rather than having to wait for a worker to return to the cottage.

Also, in many cases you'll be able to have two workers working on the island at the same time.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 9, 10 7:03 PM
Detailed walkthrough:
There are many possible solutions. This one works for me.

Upgrade the Cottage so you have two workers.
Clear the snowdrift to the bridge and the one to the Sawmill.
Build the Sawmill and the Farm.
Chop two trees.
Build the Bridge going left and pick one Berry Bush.

Clear the boulder heading towards the Quarry. Don't do anything else yet.
Pick up the Magic Sack.
As soon as the Sack meter starts in the top right, pick up resources at the Saw Mill and the Farm. Pick all Berries. Clear two trees on the way to the Storehouse.

Build the Storehouse and Build the Quarry
Clear the Heap of Stone going to the Gold Mine.
Upgrade the Cottage so you have 3 workers.
Until further notice, pick up wood from the Sawmill and Food from the Farm as soon as they are available.
Keep picking up loose resources.
Build the Gold Mine.

As soon as you have the 3rd worker, start building the road.
You will be busy just picking up resources and building the road now.
Clear the huge snowdrift blocking the bridge going down as soon as you can.
Whenever polar bears appear, click on them as quickly as you can as many times as you can until they disappear.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 9, 10 7:05 PM
Upgrade the Quarry as soon as you have the wood.
Now you have one worker working on the road, one collecting resources, and one working on the path south.

Once the snowdrift is cleared, build the bridge and clear the next snowdrift.
Repair any buildings that get damaged.
Now jump out of order going south and clear the medium snowdrift next to the Fish Hut before you clear the bigger snowdrift closer to the top bridge.
Build the Fish Hut.

Start clearing obstacles going towards the bridge in the lower right. Build that bridge as soon as you can. It's OK if you've skipped a snowdrift or two, you don't need to clear them yet.

Do not pick up the boots yet.

Keep clearing the obstacles on the lower right island. If you can clear two at once do so, even if it means stopping work on the road temporarily.
Do the obstacles on the lower right island out of order working right from the bridge whenever possible. You want to get to that last bridge!

As soon as you are close enough to build the last bridge, stop collecting wood. You won't need any more.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 9, 10 7:07 PM
Build the bridge, and send one worker back to working on the road.

Collect the boots.

Now you have one worker collecting resources, one working on the road, and one building the bridge, then clearing the last obstacles.

Stop picking up anything except stone and food unless you need it for an obstacle.
Pick up the food from the Farm before you pick up the food from the Fish Hut as it will be available to other workers sooner.

Leapfrog your workers on the road by clicking on the dot as soon as it turns green.

You should make Expert easily as long as you don't have too much trouble with the polar bears.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by tmg29445 on Nov 14, 10 6:38 PM
FINALLY got it. I took a few days off from it and came back tonight. I got it on the 2nd try YEAH

Go to: