bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 1, 10 12:20 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Drawn: Dark Flight ®? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 1, 10 6:49 AM
The second addition to the series is wonderful. The graphics are beautiful art. The gameplay is complex and fun. As with the first, I felt it was too short. Gorgeous game.

This game is an A+.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 1, 10 7:01 AM
I bought the Collectors Edition so now I'll have to play one of my old games, ugg!!
This was a wonderful game with beautiful graphics and it was alittle shorter than I would have liked.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Oct 1, 10 7:55 AM
The story line looks good. The graphics are very good. I like the first Drawn and hope for more of these.

henri59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by henri59 on Oct 1, 10 9:29 AM
If I had it I would have bet a million dollars that Big Fish was gonna wait until after the 1st of October to release the regular version of this game. I had 4 punches on my card. I figured when it came out I would buy it and another game and get my 6 punches for my credit. I knew when 3 weeks had gone by and it still hadn't come out that they were waiting for the 1st so that we wouldn't use this game to get our free credit. I think that stinks. Every time a collector's edition has come out, the regular version has come out 2 to 3 weeks after. I imagine they put the collector's edition out on the 1st of Sept. so people would have to start a new punch card and then decided they would wait until the 1st of Oct. to release the regular version for the same reason. I would have spent $10 to $14 to fill up my card. Now I'm ticked off and I'm just going to wait until I get my credit to buy this.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Oct 1, 10 10:52 AM
I´m so impressed by the demo that buying isn´t even a question for me! The only "problem" I found is that because of my very bad memory I´m going to have to play the first one again to fully remember where I am in the story... But of course I loved the first one so that´s not really a real problem!

How long is this version of the game?

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 1, 10 11:13 AM
Hello all,

I noticed a couple of other posts inquiring about the length of this version of the game, but there were only one or two replies. With so few responding, it is hard to estimate a reliable average. Could several of you who have completed this game take a couple of minutes to post how long it took you from start to finish?
Customer Service said the Collector's Edition of this game is not compatable with my computer, so I wasn't able to even try it. So it will be extra disappointing if I buy this version only to find it is a brief 1 1/2 - 2 hours long.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by lilybludog on Oct 1, 10 11:20 AM
I cannot get down the stairs in the popup book.There is no arrow pointing down.I'm sure I've done all the steps up to that point.I've finished all the seasons,etc.HELP

ramberny
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ramberny on Oct 1, 10 1:02 PM
LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT. Some great work by the Big Fish team!! Can't wait for the next one.

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Oct 1, 10 1:42 PM
Loved the graphics, story, and complexity of the puzzles. I'm estimating it took me around 2 1/2 hours to go from start to finish, but I'd played the demo and so the first chapters went very quickly. I didn't think it was too short, I did think it was nice to NOT have every next step given to me by a narrator. Franklin's hints are gentle nudges, not give aways, and I don't mind feeling stumped from time to time. Looking forward to the next installment!

souly
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by souly on Oct 1, 10 4:04 PM
This is the first time for me to post on big fish forums, although I have been a member for several years. The MESSAGE of this game is powerful, it uses archetypes well. The names of games and their 'hidden' message...is not missed by everyone...be it a positive message or negative one...this is a Good and Postive game. Looking forward to the continued journey of Isis.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Oct 1, 10 7:45 PM
To CLASSICALJAZZ: I'm sorry I can't be any help on the length of the game, but there is a walkthrough available, so maybe you could try loking that over. I must say it amazes me that some fishies say they finsished a game in less than 2 hours - and then there's me. I've been at this for over 4 years now, and I have NEVER finished any game in less than 2 hours. So, as far as those comments go, I always take them with a grain of salt.

You might try the posts on the collectors edtion as there are bound to be lots more, and hopefully on the length of the game. I think the only differences in the classical and regular verison seem to be you get the wallpaper, you may get the ability to check out the "strategy guide" without leaving the game, and I've heard some have an extra chapter to play. Other than that, they seem basically the same.

Good luck in your quest for an answer!

Peace,
cg

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 1, 10 8:44 PM
Drawn: Dark Flight (Adventure)

You start with the choice of difficulty level: Casual (with tutorial) or Experienced (without tutorial). I chose Experienced.

Options include Music, Sound Effects, Brightness (oh, YES!!), Full Screen, Aspect Ratio (stretch to fit the screen, where applicable) and Custom Cursor. There is also a Reset to Default button in case you want to change it back to the way it was when you opened the game.

The Extras button on the main menu will take you to the pages where you can buy the games (Drawn: The Painted Tower; Drawn: Dark Flight), the Credits and/or the Forums.

HINTS are "tiered" and refillable. Click for a hint, get a general idea of what you should be doing; click again and get more specific instructions. Basically, the hints walk you through what you need to know.

I like that the game's toolbar disappears unless you mouse-over it. It's so nice to be able to see all of the artwork and not have it cut off.

Dark Flight takes up right where The Painted Tower left off. I highly recommend playing the first Drawn game before you play Dark Flight, but the game creators have added enough story that you won't be totally perplexed if you didn't play Painted Tower first.

The Drawn games are story-driven adventures, so if you don't like stories in your games, these probably aren't for you.

The music, the gameplay, the voices... even the scenery is very similar. We visit some familiar locations, but from different angles - beautifully done, devs This was an absolute must-buy for me after only 10 minutes of the demo. It was enough for me to know that this game has the same high production values as the first Drawn game.

There is just one more thing I'd like to mention: When you exit the game, you are automatically taken into a video-preview of Dark Flight. It is beautifully done, majestic and thrilling... except that you will see it every time you exit the game. Or NOT! I thought I saw someone griping about this, but it's easily skipped - just hit the ESC key! My only gripe is that exiting the game also automatically takes you to the CE purchase page. A slight annoyance, but one I can easily live with.

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 8:49:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 10 12:20 AM
henri59 wrote:If I had it I would have bet a million dollars that Big Fish was gonna wait until after the 1st of October to release the regular version of this game. I had 4 punches on my card. I figured when it came out I would buy it and another game and get my 6 punches for my credit. I knew when 3 weeks had gone by and it still hadn't come out that they were waiting for the 1st so that we wouldn't use this game to get our free credit. I think that stinks. Every time a collector's edition has come out, the regular version has come out 2 to 3 weeks after. I imagine they put the collector's edition out on the 1st of Sept. so people would have to start a new punch card and then decided they would wait until the 1st of Oct. to release the regular version for the same reason. I would have spent $10 to $14 to fill up my card. Now I'm ticked off and I'm just going to wait until I get my credit to buy this.

I have also noticed that it no longer says that you get the CEs 2 or 3 weeks earlier - as it used to say, and that it often takes longer for the Standard version to come out now. It's a shame, because from several changes lately it shows that it's all to do with not getting enough profits and wanting more.

I own the first of these games and love it. I am sure this one will be just as wonderful.

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 1:05:36 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 2, 10 2:08 AM
lilybludog wrote:I cannot get down the stairs in the popup book.There is no arrow pointing down.I'm sure I've done all the steps up to that point.I've finished all the seasons,etc.HELP
You're trying to do the impossible and you missed the significance of the cutscene when you got the the stairs to appear in the popup book in the first place.
You have opened up the real stairs next to the popup book.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 2, 10 5:15 AM
well i have just done the demo, and loved it as i knew i would. really enjoyed the first one, so will be a definite buy for me...just have to wait for my p/c credit..
beautiful graphics, interesting storyline, and fun puzzles, challenging, without being frustrating! my type of game

[Post New]by lammechiena on Oct 2, 10 6:49 AM
Just played the demo,loved it.

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on Oct 2, 10 8:35 AM
Awesome job on the second installment of a great series! Love the musical score!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Oct 2, 10 8:58 AM
This is the game I love to hate. I get so frustrated with some of the puzzles so I'm glad to have the hint system! And I keep coming back because its so well done!

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Oct 2, 10 5:03 PM
Can someone please explain the story in this game? Do the pictures somehow turn into real places or what? I'm very confused. I'm not sure about buying this 2nd one, as I have trouble getting anywhere without understanding what's going on. I usually love adventure HOGS, but this one really has me baffled. Thanks.

Go to: