bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Aerie - Spirit of the Forest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 1, 10 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Aerie - Spirit of the Forest technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 1, 10 3:27 AM

The game graphics wouldn't work at all on my monitor (just horizontal slices of color)
- probably an incompatability of resolution issue...either way, I just deleted the game and I'm not going to make any more effort. I attempted to beta this game for the dev and had the same issue then.

reeney132
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by reeney132 on Oct 1, 10 8:28 AM
I had the same problem. Just lines of color no picture. I uninstalled and downloaded again but had the same problem. I usually don't have any problems downloading games and getting them to work.

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Oct 1, 10 8:46 AM
Ok WTF! I downloaded this game and shut down the game manager to go offline for a little while. When I came back, I started up the game manager and the trial time had EXPIRED on this game without me playing it!!

I have downloaded hundreds of games, bought many and NEVER had this happen before!!

[Post New]by Sunshine824 on Oct 1, 10 10:13 AM
Can't play the game, the graphics are just lines and chunks of block looking things. Hopefully they will get this game fixed.

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 10:14:20 AM PST

Juniper
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Juniper on Oct 1, 10 7:24 PM
I'm not even getting lines of color, my screen just blinks repeatedly, game won't even open. Had to go into Task Manager to shut the program down. I did try restarting the computer, with the same issue. So disappointing since the Comments thread made it sound like fun. Strange, since I don't usually have any problems at all with BFG downloads.

[Post New]by SatinEssence on Oct 1, 10 8:55 PM
Strange indeed Juniper......even after uninstalling and reinstalling I had the same problem with the game blinking on and off......gave me a terrible headache!!
I rarely have problems downloading and playing games here. I've had one other issue a yr ago, but it was my computer just being old. I bought a new one and never had another issue until today. Oh well, I guess I'm due for problems.

Hey, fishes, could you please send your prayers my way for a a complete recovery from clots in my legs that traveled up to my lungs. It's going to be another long haul for me as this is the second time.....first time was in 08. I just got out of hospital a few days ago and can't do much of anything. Hopefully that will change very soon.
Also, if anyone has ever had this problem, could you please pm me. I truly would appreciate hearing from you!

Love n' Hugs,
Satin

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Oct 2, 10 7:44 AM
The problem I have is that my mouse won't align properly with the graphics, I have to click about 1 inch to the left of the objects to make it work, and the pointer won't go completely to the left. It's weird it's the first time this happens to me. The first time I played it did it for about 30 seconds then it was fine, but when I came back after a phone call it won't work properly at all and it makes it very difficult to play. Has anyone else have the same problem?. I will try to uninstall the game and install it again to see if it gets better.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Oct 2, 10 10:30 AM
SatinEssence wrote:Strange indeed Juniper......even after uninstalling and reinstalling I had the same problem with the game blinking on and off......gave me a terrible headache!!
I rarely have problems downloading and playing games here. I've had one other issue a yr ago, but it was my computer just being old. I bought a new one and never had another issue until today. Oh well, I guess I'm due for problems.

Hey, fishes, could you please send your prayers my way for a a complete recovery from clots in my legs that traveled up to my lungs. It's going to be another long haul for me as this is the second time.....first time was in 08. I just got out of hospital a few days ago and can't do much of anything. Hopefully that will change very soon.
Also, if anyone has ever had this problem, could you please pm me. I truly would appreciate hearing from you!

Love n' Hugs,
Satin

Prayers being sent your way.

[Post New]by Jujuplayer on Oct 2, 10 1:44 PM
Got the game to work correctly - on one of the last levels though, it keeps telling me the way is blocked when it's not - what gives with that?

[Post New]by amagad on Oct 2, 10 4:56 PM
I'm having the same issue as others - pixelated horizontal lines that make everything indistinguishable, sound is working ok though, and had to shut the game down with Task Manager... Tried a restart of the game, then pc and game, and no better...

[edited for typo]

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 4:56:58 PM PST

[Post New]by sekhment36 on Oct 3, 10 9:19 PM
I get the game to load, but when it gets to the main menu screen there is no visible pointer. I can tell the pointer is WORKING because when you move the mouse around, you can occasionally land on one of the menu choices by accident. Still, it is downright impossible to play a game when you can't see your pointer. I've tried removing and reinstalling, but there is still no effect. Mouse works fine and pointer is present in other games as well as regular Windows 7.

emkdk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by emkdk on Oct 4, 10 9:57 AM
I'm having the same issues as a lot of folks here (funky lines/pixelations, etc.) and have been desperately trying to find a resolution...has anyone received one offline perhaps as there doesn't seem to be anything here...

TIA!

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Oct 4, 10 11:48 PM
wmidds wrote:Ok WTF! I downloaded this game and shut down the game manager to go offline for a little while. When I came back, I started up the game manager and the trial time had EXPIRED on this game without me playing it!!

I have downloaded hundreds of games, bought many and NEVER had this happen before!!

I had a trial period expire in the same way. I complained and received a free game token. That's what I like about Bigfish

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 6, 10 10:15 AM
SatinEssence wrote:Strange indeed Juniper......even after uninstalling and reinstalling I had the same problem with the game blinking on and off......gave me a terrible headache!!

Love n' Hugs,
Satin

Satin, I am copying your post and putting it in chit-chat corner. You will be sure to get lots of prayers/thoughts there! I haven't had blood clots, but my boss did and it was a rough going for him for quite a while. Just do exactly what the doctor tells you and hope you get better soon.

For all of you with screen graphics problems - you might try updating your video card driver.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 12, 10 1:44 PM
Uh, considering graphics are fine for games like Drawn, I don't think it's my video card. Has there ever been a solution to this problem?

sandyq1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sandyq1 on Oct 14, 10 6:29 PM
Having the same problem as all of you with the kind of pixilated screen. I never have issues with games but this one wont work.

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Oct 18, 10 6:44 AM
Technical issues:
1) The game doesn't install and store itself in the Big Fish Games folder in C://Program Files with all the other games. It sits outside in the main Program Files list. Not tidy.

2) The second area of the game (don't know what it's called) doesn't have sufficient Moonstones to allow you to finish building the temple to plants - even if you get all the moonstones in that part of the game. I went back and re-played all the levels just to make sure I already had them all. I did.

3) Some of the water and life force gems don't respond to clicking. You have to click multiple times to find just the right pixel. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but with scarce resources and time, it's irritating rather than contributing to fun game play.

That's all I've found at the moment. I just started playing. Great game!
Thanks BF.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 6:47:16 AM PST

okgal1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by okgal1 on Oct 19, 10 7:00 PM
Juniper wrote:I'm not even getting lines of color, my screen just blinks repeatedly, game won't even open. Had to go into Task Manager to shut the program down. I did try restarting the computer, with the same issue. So disappointing since the Comments thread made it sound like fun. Strange, since I don't usually have any problems at all with BFG downloads.

I'm having the same issue. When I go to task manager to shut it off, there are two Aerie games listed. No matter which one I choose to shut down, when I "end program" both shut down. The problem clears up. I've not had that problem with the other games from BigFish.

I've deleted and reinstalled every Aerie file I can find. Still the same issue.

[Post New]by tstrsuzan on Oct 22, 10 5:34 AM
I have enjoyed this game until level 31. I am not able to move off the start due to "path is blocked". I understand I must fly but how?

Go to: