mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

OpenAL Installer

[Post New]by mcguind on Oct 1, 10 6:19 AM
Hi. I'm trying to download Puzzle Quest but am being asked to install OpenAL Installer. Seems odd. Is it safe to do this?

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,764 Posts

Re:OpenAL Installer

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Oct 1, 10 6:23 AM
It's safe. A mod posted about it for another game here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/50634.page

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Oct 1, 10 6:47 AM
Thanks a million. Installing now

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 1, 10 10:34 AM
Hey mcguind,

The best place to talk about our games is in our Game Forums. These are easy to get to - just click the Forums tab on the home page and search for your game under ‘All Game Forums’.

I'm going to move this thread on over into the Puzzle Quest game forum so this discussion can be continued here. But don't worry, this thread will still be visible in both the Chit-Chat Corner and the Game Forum!

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Tinnieleenie on Dec 24, 10 11:26 PM
I just now finished downsizing my files when i noticed OpenAl Installer. I was wondering where it came from. My dvmactivator and macromedia isn;t funtioning well, to maybe I can open the OA install and finish downloading my game. Can anyone help me find drivers for these two faulty phantoms?

I usually play Match 3 games, especially when I open Puzzle Quest. I absolutely love this game. I'll spend a week or two just playing this game. Now that I have similar minds to share with I'll most likely unravel snags I've encountered. Merry Christmas, everyone.

[Post New]by kadeen71 on May 11, 12 11:17 AM
Can someone help me? I was installing a game and a thing popped up saying i needed to install or update OpenAL and I didnt know what it was so I just closed it and now I can't get sound on my game until I do this but now I cant figure out where to find it to intall it! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 11, 12 11:39 AM
Hi kadeen71 and Tinnieleenie,

Not to worry, we should be able to get that working! OpenAL is an audio software program that comes bundled with some games. If the installer is closed or denied when you install the game, then usually the sound in the game won't work. The best way to get that installed is to actually uninstall and reinstall the game itself, this time accepting the OpenAL installer. Here's a help article that goes over how to reinstall your game:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Since this is a technical issue for Puzzle Quest, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. You can post any technical questions for the game, including any OpenAL problems in our dedicated technical issues thread here.

Thanks, and I hope that helps so you can get some sound with your game!

bfgSeine

Go to: