Does this game work ok now if you have never downloaded it at all?

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Oct 1, 10 11:55 AM
I wanted to buy this game last month but read about all the carp and even live online chat suggested I wait....so will it run fine now as a total newcomer to the game?

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

Re:Does this game work ok now if you have never downloaded it at all?

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Oct 1, 10 11:59 AM
Good question. I am anxiously awaiting an answer to this as well.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 1, 10 12:26 PM
It should do.

The caveat is that you must run as administrator on Windows 7 else your progress won't be saved.

You also need to avoid the trial as it still appears that resuming in the main game from where you got to doesn't work. (You should be able to avoid those issues though by starting your bought game under a new profile).

ETA Your download must be on or after 24th September.

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 12:29:44 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 2, 10 7:07 PM
no - this game still does NOT work properly !! As I wrote under another heading - I deleted the game - re-downloaded (fresh) - started (for the 5th time) under a new profile - got part way through chapter 5 (there's 6 chapters) - so I was almost done - by mistake, I inadvertently closed the game (I was playing in the "window" mode) - when I re-opened the game - it took me back to the very beginning !!!!!!!!!! and all I get is the first 3 or 4 rooms and all saying "there's nothing more to do here" !!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T get back to where I was in Chapter 5 !!!!!!!!!

VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!! If my hair was not already gray it would be now !! Next thing is going bald from being so frustrated and pulling my hair out !!

I'm putting this game "away" for awhile - maybe I'll go back to it - maybe not. Maybe I'll just go pour myself a glass of wine.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 2, 10 7:32 PM
I waited 'til September 28th to demo, and it worked fine for me. I posted a review here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140/117405.page#2337332

No problems, game purchased~

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 2, 10 10:20 PM
I am on windows 7, played the demo couple of days ago (? ) and then bought it, picked right up from my demo with no problems. And just finished it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 3, 10 4:58 AM
judy76073 wrote:no - this game still does NOT work properly !! when I re-opened the game - it took me back to the very beginning !!!!!!!!!!
Is your operating system Windows 7?

Go to: