Walthrough?

DJKWAM2
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Walthrough?

[Post New]by DJKWAM2 on Oct 2, 10 7:24 AM
[b]Hi is there a walkthrough for this game?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Walthrough?

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 2, 10 3:58 PM
I probably shouldn't even respond to this post but I have to because I don't know how there could be a walkthrough for a game that is so straight forward. I thought I was too slow to finish it but I have finished it twice and not in the expert time on them all. I think the little peeps are so darn cute the way they run so fast and work and eat.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Oct 2, 10 10:18 PM
I seriously doubt there is every going to be a Walkthrough for an easy Game such as this!

DJKWAM2
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by DJKWAM2 on Oct 4, 10 4:18 PM
[b]I beg to differ. While the game is fairly easy, the expert levels on stages 3 and 4 are not so easy to get. That is what I'm looking for. Help on how to get expert, especially on level 4's.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 4, 10 5:07 PM
Few tricks that might help you to get expert scores.

1. Build the store house as fast as you can and upgrade it FULLY.
2. Due to the above, you will not have resources to upgrade other buildings fully, which is GREAT because Buildings take LONGER to produce material when their level is highest.
3. In general I leave the buildings that can produce 7 units. This not a rule of thumb. So play difficult levels multiple times to find the correct mix.
4. Use ALL the special items. never ignore those.
5. At the start, look at the resources that are low and upgrade those buildings first.
6. Stone takes longer than gold to produce (I felt so, but I may be wrong). So in case you need lot of stone, build stone mine in the very beginning and upgrade it while keeping point 3 above.
7. And don't forget to have Fun.

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 5:08:39 PM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 4, 10 5:09 PM
Good tips Sravy!
Especially #s 2 and 3. I never realized it takes longer to produce for higher buildings. The trick about leaving at seven is definitely worth a try!

DJKWAM2
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by DJKWAM2 on Oct 4, 10 5:28 PM
[b]Ok ty I will try it

[Post New]by defloweredrose on Oct 5, 10 6:21 AM
Great tip about not upgrading everything past 7 resources. Once I stopped doing that I made it through every level the first time with time to spare. Thanks for the help.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 5, 10 4:23 PM
glad to help. Rose, I hope you got expert scores

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Oct 6, 10 3:52 AM
hannah57 wrote:I probably shouldn't even respond to this post but I have to because I don't know how there could be a walkthrough for a game that is so straight forward.

I also beg to differ. On some of the levels, especially the ones with special items, there is some kind of strategy involved. Also thinking that on some levels, it might be better to build, IDK, a sawmill before you upgrade your camp, or build the gold mine before quarry.

I've found some of the levels to be hard to even complete, and after re-playing numerous times, I'd like a little help. Then again, maybe I'm just slow.

[Post New]by kdeszter on Oct 6, 10 12:16 PM
hannah57 wrote:I probably shouldn't even respond to this post but I have to because I don't know how there could be a walkthrough for a game that is so straight forward. I thought I was too slow to finish it but I have finished it twice and not in the expert time on them all. I think the little peeps are so darn cute the way they run so fast and work and eat.

Seriously, is this game so straight forward? I don't see it. I love MKFP and could get in that game gold on all levels. So, I'm definitely not a beginner. But in this game I just can't get them. To finish the game is easy of course. But to get expert on all levels?! How? Is there anybody at all who could make it? I doubt... But if YES, please be so nice and provide us with a walkthrough...

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 12:16:45 PM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Oct 6, 10 9:41 PM
If you really get stuck, I can only suggest you Change the Time settings to give you more Time!

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Oct 7, 10 1:28 AM
How do you do that, Cherub?

[Post New]by krstnbradford on Oct 7, 10 2:15 PM
I've gotten expert on every level. The very first thing I do on every level is upgrade my camp. Then build sawmill, food, gold, stone, etc. I never upgrade anything until after I have built the storehouse. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually pretty easy. I love this game.

beadbrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by beadbrain on Oct 7, 10 2:51 PM
Ok, I've looked everywhere Cherub. Where or how do you change the time setings? Is there an Easter Egg I am missing?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 13, 10 6:29 PM
Bumping this to the front page for folks to get Sravy_baby's tips! they are fantastic.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 15, 10 10:57 PM
cstdenis thanks for the love good to know they are working for you!

Nastyharpy
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Nastyharpy on Oct 16, 10 10:28 AM
For those looking for the time change idea, it's a cheat. If that's how some are playing this game then yes, they would find the game exceptionally easy. Forget this idea, and listen to Sravy and some of the other hints on this post.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 10:29:04 AM PST

[Post New]by cathie13 on Oct 17, 10 11:09 AM
OK, but I would rather have the cheat. Can somebody tell me what it is? I am not into trying to "beat" the time and trying to get expert on every level, I just want to complete it.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 17, 10 12:18 PM
cathie13 wrote:OK, but I would rather have the cheat. Can somebody tell me what it is? I am not into trying to "beat" the time and trying to get expert on every level, I just want to complete it.

Aahh someone who wants cheats. I dislike cheats because where is the fun in the game with cheats? But as inquisitive as I am, I figured how one could cheat in this game.

There is a folder called "levels" in the game installation folder... That is all I will give out. BUT tread with caution... you may crash your game without knowing what you are doing.

"With great power comes great responsibility" - SpideyBaby

Go to: