Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 18, 10 6:41 AM
medview2 wrote:If I missed this question in the forum, I apologize. I find that when I exit out of the game and then go back to play again, I am exactly where I was the very first time I exited out! (which was when the bridge broke and I had 3 clovers) The first time this happened I decided to just replay, but then I went a lot farther in the game and it is just too annoying to do it again and know that I will have to start all over (yet again) once I exit. Did anyone have this problem?

I saw similar issues under the tech problems thread. You might need to report it - I didn't see any solution.

There was a solution for a different problem, but it might work for you since it seems most of these problems are being generated by the game manager. Somewhere around page 1 Manuel suggests running the game directly.

This would require you to go to C:\Program Files\Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials. Then double click the file Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials.exe

You may not see the .exe part depending on how your computer is set up.

If you didn't understand this explanation just report the problem.

Good luck.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Jun 18, 10 10:26 AM
This was just an awesome game. I loved every minute of it!! More please!!!!! The puzzles were good and not too frustrating and I loved the mystery of it. I hope we see a lot more like this. I loved the Edgar Allen Poe one too. Great job guys!!!

[Post New]by IMQuestor on Jun 18, 10 11:34 AM
what the heck is "unlimited hidden object play mode" ??
I got mine unlocked and I was told that I had done it, BUT,
I couldn't see any difference.
I can't figure out what it does !!
can anyone help

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 11:36:09 AM PST

[Post New]by Tipijean on Jun 18, 10 3:28 PM
jen5kaye wrote:TIPIJEAN: When you come out of Sara's cottage after finding all of the items there will be a ghost horse. Feed him the sugar cubes & he will move the cart. You will find worms & salamander there.

[Post New]by Tipijean on Jun 18, 10 3:36 PM
thankyou Jen5kaye for getting me out of that,,,as a horsewoman would not have dreamt of the sugar lumps!!1 tried both the corn and the gingerbread...now stuck in the attic with the mirror thing Will try again tomorrow...wish there were a few more directions to this game...Don't know how to work this forum thing either so hope you get this...thanks again for helping me move on.....

emu3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by emu3 on Jun 18, 10 6:03 PM
this is by far one of the best games i have bought. great HOG scenes and interactive scenes. graphics are awesome too. thanks BFG.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jun 19, 10 10:33 AM
I'm really glad that so many people have gotten so much out of this game, but considering that there are currently 8 pages in the technical issues thread about it, I think Big Fish needs to think about fixing the problems and re-releasing it.

And yes, I've had the access errors many others have had, and for some reason, the customer service correspondence option is not letting me get through. It's very frustrating, because I can't even get my credit back.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jun 19, 10 5:41 PM
I loved this game - I think it was better than the first one. Lovely clear graphics, appropriate music, puzzles were difficult at times. The interactivity was clever and enjoyable and nice length in game play.

Can't wait to see what the next one will be. Well done MJ & BFG.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Jun 19, 10 6:21 PM
I just finished and absolutely loved it. I would recommend this game. The graphics are superb, the music is wonderful and creepy and the story is engaging. I loved the first game and this game is not to miss!

[Post New]by michelemybelle on Jun 19, 10 11:15 PM
Very good game. It had an interesting plot line which continued throughout the game and had a definite conclusion. It was challenging but not so much as to be frustrating (except scraping those lines in the prison wall. Argh!) The raven and clover added an extra aspect to the game. You have to remember to look for them and not get caught up in the story and forget their importance. The achievements are a nice addition. I would love to see more games as well designed as this one (or even better).

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 20, 10 5:08 AM
I don't want to jinx myself by saying I haven't had any tech issues since I haven't finished the game yet, but so far so good. Very good game, the story is interesting and involving, the game itself is challenging but not infuriatingly so and I've actually gotten some goose bumps from some of the scenes. I would definitely recommend this one, it's one of the better games I've played this year.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 20, 10 12:49 PM
tunaontoast wrote:I just finished and absolutely loved it. I would recommend this game. The graphics are superb, the music is wonderful and creepy and the story is engaging. I loved the first game and this game is not to miss!

Exactly my thoughts!

[Post New]by tinytimid on Jun 20, 10 9:08 PM
this is by far the best game that BF has come out with yet. Awesome graphics, lyrics and the perfect amount of puzzles and hidden objects. This is highly recommended for those who enjoy "getting into a game". Well done BF!

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on Jun 21, 10 1:04 AM

I saved this game for the weekend and then was not dissappointed - loved it all - graphics, music and the story was good - 5 stars for me....

Happy Gaming!

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jun 21, 10 6:33 AM
This game looked like it might have been fun. But it was way too tiny on my screen to see anything. Windowed mode was off my screen. I deleted it.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 21, 10 3:01 PM
I just finished the game and enjoyed it tremendously. The developers/designers did a fantastic job! I am disappointed in myself for not concentrating more on finding the clovers. I only found 47 of the 50 so being short 3 clovers I don't get to continue on with the Unlimited version. I'll let a few months go by and play this again and be more alert for the clovers. I didn't have a problem finding the ravens. Thanks for the great game!

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Good Game

[Post New]by Rebait on Jun 22, 10 5:59 AM
This is a really GOOD game. Hard but very good. I like games that are a mix of hidden objects and puzzles. This one fit the bill just right.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 6:01:13 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 22, 10 6:26 AM
One of the best games we've ever experienced. The graphics and sound effects were great, and the mix of HOs and puzzles were too. Can't wait for the next installment from Mumbo-Jumbo and BFG. Sorry that some folks have had technical glitches--none here--the game ran very smoothly.

P.S. The "bonus" clovers can be way tough to find--you might want to consult the walkthrough for some of their locations.

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 8:36:34 AM PST

rskowron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rskowron on Jun 22, 10 4:55 PM
Have to say that I really enjoyed this Midnight Mysteries saga. Came as close to RTR as I've found. In fact, I bought the first Midnight Mystery'sEdgar Allen Poe HOG based on my experience with Salem. Unfortunately, Edgar Allen Poe wasn't nearly as well done as Salem was. Oh well. I hope the MM developers continue with the increased gaming improvements.

This was a good HOG game and was sad when I finished it.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jun 22, 10 7:21 PM
I.Love.This.Game.
intelligent, great graphics, challenging, and just a wonderfully fun and pleasant game to play. Thanks BFG for a GREAT game. WOW. more like this please!!!

Go to: