Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by YellowGoddess on Jun 27, 10 5:11 AM
Bought the Collectors edition as loved the previous Dream Chronicles and couldn't wait for cheaper edition. Enjoyed the game but oh dear it was as good as the others BUT it was over too quickly there should have been more chapters! In future will curb my patience and wait for standard game not collectors.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mzmoon71 on Jun 27, 10 8:54 AM
I bought this game right off because I have been a fan of the Dream Chronicles series from the beginning, even though the 3rd one was somewhat disappointing (too short & too easy). One would think the developers would have taken note of that in designing the fourth; however, I am just as disappointed in this one. While it was fun, I don't think it had the character of the first 3 and I finished in less than a day. What a waste of $20! I won't ever buy a collector's edition again.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jun 27, 10 9:33 AM
I love the first 3 games and was so excited to see this sequel but.....while the graphic are great, this is not a buy for me. After playing the free hour, I found it tedious and boring. The girl's voice bothered me a lot. I mute all music so I don't know how that was, but this game was such a disappointment.

PocoPesce
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by PocoPesce on Jun 27, 10 11:43 AM
Played the first three DC and loved them so I thought a CE would be even better. If you are on the fence about purchasing the CE It was fun but too short. You will not need the strategy guide, and the added chapter is nothiing to write home about. Wait for the $6.99 version.

I am not usually disappointed by paying more for CE - but I am in this case.

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on Jun 27, 10 2:52 PM
Note to self....NEVER buy another "collector's edition" game again. What a waste of money. I wish I had read all reviews first....as I usually do before buying. But I had loved the other Dream Chronicles games and so I lept before I looked. So short. So easy....for the most part....and the "bonus material" is a waste of time and money. I'd be disappointed a little bit even if I had paid the regular price. But for 20 bucks I am just disgusted.

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on Jun 27, 10 2:53 PM
Note to self....NEVER buy another "collector's edition" game again. What a waste of money. I wish I had read all reviews first....as I usually do before buying. But I had loved the other Dream Chronicles games and so I lept before I looked. So short. So easy....for the most part....and the "bonus material" is a waste of time and money. I'd be disappointed a little bit even if I had paid the regular price. But for 20 bucks I am just disgusted.

[Post New]by bunbun1645 on Jun 27, 10 3:17 PM
Game was really disappointing. Not at all as good as the other DC's! I finished the game in about two hours, including the so-called "bonus" level. What a crock! Bonus level was just some simple square puzzle pieces of their concept art. What were they thinking..!? Put something together quick, rely on past reputation to make some bucks??!! Graphics were just as good as ever... just not enough content to keep this gamer happy... Save your money... buy the game at $6.99 but don't put out the $20. You won't get your money's worth.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Jun 27, 10 5:15 PM
What a total bummer. I loved the previous DC games, in fact they are what started me playing these types of games, but this one does not measure up.

Yes the graphics were nice, and the music was beautiful. I enjoyed the game much more after I saw you could shut the voices off in the options because the girl's voice was too much of an annoyance for me.

I finished in about 2 and a half hours including the bonus scene in the challenge mode. Certainly not enough game time for my $20. I actually wondered at one point if this game was made for children instead of adults.

Why couldn't they have had a different puzzle every time you had to fuel the airship? Why didn't they continue with the previous storyline? Couldn't they have shown us the airship flying from the outside? That would have been great.

I wonder if the previous developers left the project or something.

Anyway...please don't spend $20 on it. It's not worth it. I don't think I will ever buy a CE again.

Well, onwards and upwards!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 27, 10 7:26 PM
Thank you to everyone who made comments about the CE edition. I too am a fan of the Dream Chronicles series but feel that this one isn't quite as good as it's predecessors. The graphics are first class and the puzzles are challenging. I also like that a given number of dream crystals are needed. I'm one of those people who really like to know what is required and when to stop looking because everything has been found.

Even though I prefer DC 1,2 and 3 I will still be buying this one when the SE comes out.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 27, 10 8:05 PM
GmaGale wrote:
BabyNurse123 wrote: I can't even get past the chalkboard. The walkthrough's explanation of the codes is confusing and the picture provided to unlock the door does not work on mine. There is nothing worse to me than getting so frustrated at the outset of a game that you don't even want to go further. I play these games for entertainment and to relax after a long day at work; not to be annoyed. If anyone can provide a better explanation on how to get past this puzzle, it would be appreciated. Until then, I can't comment on the game other than to say the graphics are gorgeous and what I have come to expect from Dream Chronicles.

I had a problem with this, too. I was able to get 2 of the codes, but not the 3rd one - I don't even know where it was!. So...process of elimination, I set the 2 that I had the codes for, then just kept moving the 3rd one until the door opened (you need to click the handle as you go along). Once the door opens, you'll see the map, and should be able to go from there.

There are 3 books on the tables/desks that you need to get the codes from for the lock..also dont forget the help/hint part on the left of screen, from the dream pieces, these are are great help in helping with the puzzles

SnodgrassP
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by SnodgrassP on Jun 27, 10 8:23 PM
I also purchased the CE version of this game without the trial because I have so enjoyed the previous 3 games. However, I was not as excited about this game -- it didn't seem to have the mystery or challenge as the other 3. It was also too short.

I hope they come out with another one that's a little more challenging (i.e.; the MAZE).

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Jun 27, 10 10:37 PM
I am sooooo disappointed that I bought this game. It is not worth a collectors edition price and I would hesitate to pay the daily price for it. I was so excited for it to come out because I truly loved the first series but this one seems like they just threw some things together, just does not fit the story line.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Jun 28, 10 1:57 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:... I really liked the strategy guide being with the game. I found it very helpful in that it guides you, but doesn't solve the puzzles for you. Granted this is probably only found in the CE version, but it is still nice to have. I also liked having the choice of basic or challenging mode. Everything else (graphics, music, etc.) ran fine for me and seemed of the same quality as the previous versions.

I had trouble getting the game to open, and am still having trouble, even after updating my video card. But when I try to open the SG, the game disappears from my screen! When I try to maximize or restore the game from my programs tool bar, you can see it try to load, then it drops away again.

I have a brand new computer with gaming software and plenty of RAM, etc., and I can't run this game! I've put in a request to BigFish and hope to get some answers there. But if I continue to have this kind of difficulty with new games, I'll have to go elsewhere.

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 1:58:05 PM PST

[Post New]by teresarose101 on Jun 28, 10 4:08 PM
I thought for the most part it was a good game. I'm not sure it's possible to reach the perfection of the earlier ones. I's kind of like a movie sequesl, most don't meet the grade.
But, as a stand alone, I liked it a lot. I don't think it's worth the money I spent but, se la vie.
Happy Travels to all!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jun 28, 10 4:16 PM
govegril wrote:Belamba and Tarbarme- thank you for the information on the length of game and the bonus level.

3 hour game and a couple of puzzles as bonus

I second that thanks!! I too won't waste a 20 for a 3 hour game and just a few puzzles. I can wait--thank you very much!!

Jules

[Post New]by leftforwanting on Jun 28, 10 11:43 PM
I demo'd and thought it was pretty good, so I bought it. Boy am I disappointed. I only had another 15-20 minutes of game play after the demo was over (On casual). I played again on Challenge and finished in just 45 mins. It seems as though this game is just lacking. It feels incomplete.
The other three games I can go back and re-play multiple times and not be bored. This one was over way too quick and I don't even want to open it up again.
I'm super disappointed and wish I could get my money back.

Edited on 07/25/2010 at 9:16:38 PM PST

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Jun 29, 10 5:13 AM
I agree! The CE's don't have enough "extra" features for me to spend $20 on a $6.99 game. Wallpaper, music and a little more game play are not enough. And I can find strategy guides on other sites. Glad I read the review on this one before I bought. Will wait until the SE becomes available.

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on Jun 29, 10 9:38 PM
I bought it what a waste, short not at all like the others very sorry I wasted my money

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jun 30, 10 6:44 AM
I also jumped in and bought it straight off as I have all the others in the series..boy what a mistake that one was...like many I too am very disappointed in this version and whats with the break down of Air..Fire..Water.earth ( I guessing)..sounds too Avatar cartoon for me.
the girls voice was a pain so i turned the sound off..and it is wayyyy shorted than any of the others had it completed in 2 hrs..very, very disappointed..will not be buying any more when they come out

[Post New]by militarymommy on Jul 1, 10 3:55 PM
Now that I am calmed down enough to comment, here goes....
Do NOT waste your money on this CE. Even when you pay the normal 6.99 or use a credit, you will not get your money's worth. I have an idea the creators are using and leaning on their most excellent reputation with the first three of this game to sell 4,5, 6 and 7, which should be chapters and not games! This game is more like a chapter rather than the entire game and they may even sell 4-7 all together as one game when they are done putting them all out.
Now, mind yoiu, this is just an opinion, but the 4th one in the series is just that - a chapter. It took me 2 hours, in the challenging mode, to get finished with it. I turn all music off so dont know about that, the art work is carried over from the others, I did not find Lyra's voice that bad. The puzzles were boring, the game way too easy, not a challenge in the entire game, your 1 hour demo is about the end of it, only an hour or so left after that and nothing new in the rest of that hour. The 'extra' game play was a few puzzles that you put together, not at all worth the time, much less the extra money. DC fans, be warned, you will be disappointed and even angry by the end - which I thought, as mentioned, was the first chapter and the game would go on from there. A total rip off and huge let down!!

Go to: