goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by goarweam on Jul 19, 10 1:24 PM
I love this game... something new from the creator of Aveyond games...

Although it lacks background music, the gameplay makes it even...

They should create more like this than rpg-aveyond-like ones!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 19, 10 3:07 PM
As long as they keep creating Aveyond ones too! I'm a huge RPG fan and Aveyond is wayyyyy up there for me...

cae1705
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by cae1705 on Jul 20, 10 12:41 PM
I WISH I WOULD OF NEVER PURCHASED THIS GAME.
WENT TO THE FORUM AND PRINTED ALL 59 PAGES OF WHAT TO DO AND HAVE BEEN STUCK AND AM FLUSTRATED TO A POINT THAT I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER GAME TILL I GET OUT OF WHERE I AM. (TRYING TO GET THE POT OF GOLD TO GET THE DEED) GUESS I AM TOO DUMB FOR THIS GAME, BUT YOU CAN BET I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GAME TILL I GET THIS ONE FIGURED OUT. CAROL E.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 20, 10 10:38 PM
Hi Carol, sorry to hear you're still frustrated even after printing out the walkthrough. (I'm also assuming here that you're asking for a little help, so if you'd rather push on by yourself, don't read any of what follows).

If you have the quest to get a pot of gold, head to the forest cottage (where you found the cane at the start) and find the Rain Book inside. If you can't get into the cottage, go back to the realtor, who will tell you the combination.

Once you read the Rain Book, collect the two empty jars from the room, then go and find the lightning bugs, fairy dust and clouds (the walkthrough will tell you where they all are, but if you get stuck, come back and let us know). Then go back to the cottage again and make the rain potion.

Finally, go to the Tree House and put the rain potion into the rain machine. After the rain, your pot of gold will be right there, at the end of the rainbow

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 10:39:11 PM PST

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jul 21, 10 11:11 AM
i found quite annoying that when there are some items that will be needed later, we cannot collect them straight (food for fish), but instead we are sent from one place to another for each single thing that is needed right now. why cannot the fish food just stay in the itinerary for later use? the map helps a lot, but it still is unusual for me, after having some experiences with dozens of other similar games.

the hint lacks usefulness sometimes. i got stuck several times when i needed some hint, but instead it said: there is something important to do, but what? this really does not help. if it just pointed at the relevant area in that location, that would be much better. it does not have to say, WHAT needs to be done.

currently i only need to find the last mushroom, and the previous thing about something importatn to do is being said at the tower. but i just do not know what to do there. it makes me feel thick and grumpy.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 21, 10 10:08 PM
Emma, try the enchanted painting for your missing mushroom. Some have said the one near the haunted cottage is a bit hard to spot as well.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 25, 10 12:45 PM
I may be a little late for a review, but here goes: I really loved this game - at least for the first half. Had no problems with finding things and using items I had found to solve the puzzles that are throughout this game. Interesting play and challenging! Great graphics, clear and pretty. IMHO this is a true adventure game, as you go to and fro, looking for new hints and new objects to find to complete the next puzzle.

My problem came about half way through. I had done everything I could, solved all puzzles, I thought, as they appeared. Had a number of inventory items, but could go no further. No matter where I went (and I loved the fact you had a map to go from place to place without actually having to "travel" there), there was nothing more for me to do, nothing more to find, no one else to talk to.

So I went to the walkthrough. Found one thing that I had missed, went back and did that, and was stuck again. Ended up having to print up the entire walkthrough from the point I was at to the end, and had to follow each page, page by page. That was when it became ridiculous for me. Why play a game if all you are going to do if follow the directions? No matter how many times I would put the walkthrough down and try again on my own, I would be stuck.

Well, I guess I can sure say this was a challenging game, and very long, and if you finished it without the walkthrough, I bow down to your intelligence.

's and kudos to you. You're a better gamer than I am, that's for sure!

cg

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jul 29, 10 2:16 AM
This is one of my all time favorite games!! More please

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Aug 14, 10 9:43 AM
I really didn't like this one at ALL. Couldn't make out many items cuz they were so small! I was carrying so much crap around in my inventory after a while & had absolutely no idea what to do with any of it. The hint system is a total JOKE!!! Not for me!!!!

[Post New]by LoraliSophia on Aug 18, 10 5:02 PM
Overall, a 4 out of 5 for me. I enjoy the 'task-oriented' HOGs a lot more regular HOGs, so for me, that was a plus for this game. I agree that the clue system could be better (I too had to go between different rooms to see where the story would let me progress) and it took more intuitive and imaginative thinking than most other HOGs, task oriented or otherwise, but I enjoyed the challenge. The mini games weren't too hard either and the graphics were beautiful. I enjoyed the storyline, even though I thought parts of it got cheesy towards the end. Overall, I'd love to see a sequel to this game and I'm glad I bought it.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 21, 10 1:13 PM
Love the game! Just finished this morning, after staying up way too late last night to get to the tower. Loved the graphics, and the music, and the puzzles were fun.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Good "thinky" game

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Aug 25, 10 2:05 PM
The updated game ran fine, it didn't get stuck at the bird. I liked figuring out what to do next, it makes a nice change from finding useless objects! :-) Having a map to shortcut the running around is good too.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 20, 10 11:48 PM
loved this game
hope theres a second one

[Post New]by debport on Sep 29, 10 10:26 AM
I really liked this game because it was so tricky. As an avid HOG/adventure fan I find most of them a little too easy. This , however was a real challenge. Lots of locations and quite non-linear. I did get stuck quite often, but with a bit of perseverance and the occasional peek at the walkthrough and Bob's your uncle. It was also satisfyingly long. A good 6+ hours. I give it 5 stars no prob .

[Post New]by Leprechawn on Oct 14, 10 1:51 PM
[b] I liked this game, but found it a bit difficult to navigate through logically.
I have a 9 page step-by-step walkthrough (without screenshots - they take the fun out of doing the game) as opposed to the 68 page guide(with screenshots). PM me with email address and I will forward to whoever wants it.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Oct 18, 10 5:45 PM
After 3 flipping trys I finally was able to finish the game! I also have issue with the fact that the walkthrough leaves alot to be desired. I followed the walkthrough to no avail at times because some items are out of sequence. I also tried to get help from the forums and here again alot info was lacking, such as finding the paint cans. I will not tell you how since it took me 2 trys to figure that one out...I also contacted BF help regarding this paint can issue and all I got was their standard canned response. Really disapointed...

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 26, 10 4:34 PM
The game was a positive experience! Nice graphics; variety of places to visit; many opportunities to interact with the story and the characters. Nice variety of puzzles - none too difficult. The objects, as mentioned, were somewhat small, but I've seen a lot worse! I liked the tally each location gave you on number of crystals to be collected and number of tasks to be completed in each scene. Well-organized; interesting; interactive --my kind of game. Thanks, developers and BFG.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 14, 10 10:55 AM
Unique and somewhat old-fashioned game. You are told at the beginning you must reach a tower to rescue a damsel in distress. Despite being told to hurry, the game has a decidedly relaxed and serene pace to it. Each scene has various crystals (used to obtain pieces of the map) and other various items you must collect. However, to pick up an item, it usually spawns a mini hidden object hunt within the scene. You must locate the items, drag them into a circle, and when you have finished, THEN you will receive the item. Something about this game comes across both as old fashioned, and also not the sort of game you'd see for sale online. It feels like a boxed purchase from a store and as if the game will have great length. I guess you could say it feels like an epic tale. The graphics are hand drawn and not bad at all. The game could stand to be a little bit more intuitive but I didn't really have much difficulty continuing on. Sometimes you think you have cleared a scene, only to come back and find that there are new ways to explore items you've already checked out. There seems to be a fair amount of backtracking but the map allows you to jump to any scene you have previously unlocked by gaining enough crystals. I don't think I will purchase this one, but do have an appreciation for what seems to be a fine game - just not really my particular style.

phoenix64
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix64 on Nov 29, 10 8:29 AM
A splendid game!! Ive just finished it and would love to know just how long it took me because I didnt find it easy. The graphics are great, colourful and clear, and the sound effects are good too. Hope for a sequel soon.

HanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by HanneB on Nov 30, 10 5:08 AM
The demohour just flew by. I will definite buy this game. Really good and no hidden object scenes. I like the puzzles. No feathers! And very good that you can jump to the different scenes.

Thank God It's freezing outside and I can sit inside gaming.
Hanne

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 5:11:19 AM PST

Go to: