Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by abbey1122 on Jul 6, 10 9:10 AM
This game is great. Even exceeded my expectations, which were pretty high. My laptop is not the most powerful but is doing ok. (Has to draw breath, hiccup and go on with an occasional sob.) The game is gorgeous and you are truly there. Even getting lost is a pleasure. Well worth the price - I can see myself playing again and again.
Thank you Big Fish for hours and hours of fun!

[Post New]by grtbesnar on Jul 6, 10 10:01 AM
Superb graphics and game play, interesting storyline. Love the extra features - especially puzzles!

It definitely counts......

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 6, 10 2:39 PM
Random clicking on dark, blurry, junkpile graphix w/ the added annoyance of "sand" blowing across them & losing pts for doing it while waiting on the hint button to refill b/c the devs think a "fan" should be a bad sketch of what appears to be a flower or that everyone's "speakers" look like a triangle.....no TY. I lasted till the 1st minigame, which gave you about 10 secs to familarize yourself w/ the appearance of hieroglyphics that needed matching before saying sorry you're taking too long start over & no skip button? C ya.

PS>Looks like the anenomes are on the dev's payroll?

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 2:40:06 PM PST

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Jul 7, 10 12:40 PM
wcoltish wrote:got to the end of the game then it tells me I don't have enough parts to finiDid you sh,but have no idea what I need and no way to find out.
Did you ever find what you were missing? I'm in the same boat.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 12:41:31 PM PST

myid39
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by myid39 on Jul 7, 10 12:59 PM
haven't read any posts yet.

is this thing for real??

myid39
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by myid39 on Jul 7, 10 1:22 PM
ok, i have now read through 4 pages of this thread.

in my opinion, calling this game a turkey is an insult to turkeys. never thought i would find a game more worster - yes worster - than haunted hotel.

i understand that it costs bfg money for every download. i think they should be requesting a refund from whoever packaged this thing.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Jul 8, 10 8:03 AM
And what about the length. I have played the demo and looking at the walkthrough I found out I had played more than the half.
So among all wrongs consider the length, which for an average HOG player is less than two hours.
OUT!!

[Post New]by WingedWonder on Jul 8, 10 9:15 AM
A very bad game... Don't waste your time and money.
The story, sounds and music were OK, but everything else is terrible.
Oh, the camel is pretty.
The objects are microscopic and blurry, and sometimes the game does not registrate the right clicks.
The puzzles are horrible. You barely have enough time to finish the easiest task! And the worst thing is that they have no reason to exist AT ALL.
Oh boy, and you get -10 points penalties for 3 wrong clicks... Man, why every game has such an annoying feature now?
Romancing? Where?
Most of times you will pointlessly wander around whithout any idea where to go next.
Solutions for some things were simply ridiculous.
There is a place whith a quicksand. First I through that I need to find a way to get to another side, but NO, you're supposed to pick some sand with a flask and solve a pointless minigame...
I tried to enjoy this game, but it wasn't possible. Uninstalled after 20 mins. of play.

[Post New]by lintheexactor on Jul 8, 10 5:57 PM
I want to exchange this game...it is ridiculous when so many items are black on black...????
I understand the find-it concept...but this is annoying in the extreme.

Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Macazzar on Jul 9, 10 6:47 AM
Fuzzy, incredibly annoying found noise and dark. Lasted two scenes before I had to uninstall it.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 10, 10 1:44 PM
Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

This is an IHOG, with about equal measures of hidden object and wandering/adventure scenes.

The movement is confusing. I got lost a couple of times, simply because in at least one scene, having the right --> arrow cursor at the top of the screen will take you somewhere different than the right --> arrow cursor at the bottom of the screen. Same with going to the left. There's nothing in the background picture that would imply that you'd go to different places, the only difference was the the arrow was slightly smaller on the upper portion of the screen... not noticeably so unless you're paying attention. Going back the way you came is always an arrow pointing down, which makes it even more confusing to me.

For hints, there are none, except on the hidden object scenes, and they take a long time to refill. As for misclicks, three strikes in a row and you're out - minus 10 points on your score. It doesn't matter if you wait between clicks, it doesn't reset based on time.

There was nothing really special about the graphics, I did not find them hard to deal with, nor did I find them fantastic - just so-so. Same with the hidden object scenes, they're OK - neither bad nor great.

Despite the above, I would actually buy this game were it not for the issues with the movement arrows. Simply changing the upper left & right arrows to a diagonal arrow would be enough of a change that I would want to own it. As it stands now, it's a no-buy for me.

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Jul 10, 10 4:18 PM

scarlet_11dy6 wrote:PS>Looks like the anenomes are on the dev's payroll?

That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 4:20:05 PM PST

[Post New]by sjaudon on Jul 11, 10 10:57 AM
Even following the the walkthrough I got to a place not mentioned and am stuck forever. Definately not buying and I really like most of your Egypt games.

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Jul 12, 10 2:57 PM
Horrid and disappointing game. Like a fool I bought it. Sorry for buying it.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jul 12, 10 7:33 PM
I really, really, *really* wanted to like this game. unfortunately, I couldn't even finish the FIRST HOG scene - the items were so small, the scene so dark, no hints, and the penalty for wrong clicks so heavy, it wasn't a "game" at all for me, it was that nightmare "final exam in the class I forgot I'd registered for" all over again.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jul 12, 10 9:20 PM
Stuck it out through the demo. Boy, was I glad when that ended! Objects way too small, scenes way too dark, hint button took way too long to reload, and you lose points for random clicking. This is a pass for me.

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Jul 15, 10 5:58 AM
COULDN'T GET ACROSS THE RIVER TO THE PYRAMID....MY OAR WAS GONE???? COULDN'T USE THE BOAT BECAUSE OF THAT? THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I SEE WITH THIS GAME IS THAT YOU CAN'T TELL HOW TO GET TO THE VARIOUS SCENES...........AND...TIME GIVEN TO MATCH THE TILES IN THE MINI GAME IS SIMPLY NOT EVEN HALF ENOUGH.......ITS ABSURD!!!!!!GOING TO PICK OUT A DIFFERENT NAME AND START OVER? BUT TRYING TO GET TO THE SCENE OU NEED IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.....SHOULD HAVE A MAP LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER GAMES......

waltdu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by waltdu on Jul 15, 10 6:49 AM
bjwhitt wrote:
wcoltish wrote:got to the end of the game then it tells me I don't have enough parts to finiDid you sh,but have no idea what I need and no way to find out.
Did you ever find what you were missing? I'm in the same boat.

waltdu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by waltdu on Jul 15, 10 6:52 AM
I have re-played this game 3 times and every time I get to the part where you put
all the stuff on the Sarcophagus, (I have all the parts) I can't get the to rotate to fit
in the space. I don't know what to do. It was a frustrating game and am sorry I
bought it.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jul 15, 10 11:13 PM
The objects looked like they were drawn by a 2 year old. They didn't look anything like they are suppose to. What a waste of time and money.

Go to: