netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by netnanna on Jul 15, 10 7:44 PM
I agree. A refreshingly new angle on so many things and in many ways. I thought it was going to be childish, but it was far from it. Items were sometimes hard to find, but were so well drawn, that when i found them I kicked myself for not having spotted them before. I also enjoyed working out the different ways of obtaining the orbs, very novel!! And the length of the game is terrific, I wish all developers gave such good value for money. A BIG thumbs up.

SammyDaviesJnr
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by SammyDaviesJnr on Jul 17, 10 12:12 PM
Just finished my demo hour and very much enjoyed the colourful and well drawn objects etc. and working out how to get the next orb! Think I will be buying this one as it is a little different than norm, not too easy, but not too taxing on the brain either! Worth a go!

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Jul 18, 10 12:03 AM
I found the graphics in this game very disappointing. The hidden object scenes were beginner level low-poly 3-D models that could be cranked out in a couple of hours using Blender. The low-effort texturing made even common items hard to recognize. The game play was repetitive and boring. I solved 5 levels in the 60 minute trial, and would have solved more if the hidden items looked better. Sorry for the harsh critisism, but as a digital art & 3D modelling student, this seemed almost like a student effort. It falls far short of what I expect in a professional game.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Jul 18, 10 10:17 AM
Great review silverink! I think you nailed it. This game had a nice fresh approach which would have great if the storyline had been a little more engaging. Unfortunately, the developers managed to beat this wonderful idea into the ground with repetitive hidden object scenes and a poor storyline. out of five

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 10:18:30 AM PST

kaffeepot
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by kaffeepot on Jul 18, 10 12:53 PM
I'm very disappointed in this game. I have uninstalled it several times, the last time I reinstalled it I used several different names and still couldn't get the mug in the bar scene. I'm now sorry I ever bought this game. Why are selling something that is full of problems? I know you have a fix and that still didn't fix my problem. I certainly won't tell any of my friends to waste their time on this game.
kaffeepot

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 18, 10 1:59 PM
This was a purdy game: rich in color and well hidden objects (some of those things were HARD to find). I just finished playing (Friday nite), but I must say. . .I thought it would NEVER end. Good buy for the buck, though!!

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jul 18, 10 7:22 PM
I really dislike this game. very cartoonie graphics and over all a real bore. definite no buy for me.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jul 20, 10 5:50 AM
I downloaded for the free hour, and when I started to play I thought im not going to be playing this for very long, as I to thought cartoonie and childish, but wow away we go and I must admit loved it, I even done all the puzzles as there wasnt a skip anywhere on my screen, and some I admit had me tearing my hair out, but overall Im pleased to have parted with a credit.

10 out of 10 for me.

[Post New]by nanna27 on Jul 21, 10 7:09 PM
I am at the last scene and for the life of me can not fiqure it out. I do like the game thought. Can anybody help me?

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 23, 10 4:34 PM
nanna27 wrote:I am at the last scene and for the life of me can not fiqure it out. I do like the game thought. Can anybody help me?

Use the wand and zap the target areas on Golemicus(?) - aim for the yellow highlighted ones and after 3 or 4 of these he's destroyed. Have fun!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 24, 10 8:38 AM
silverink wrote:This game was enjoyable, but not great. It was a bit too easy and the story line was definitely bizarre - nonexistent really - and this somewhat detracted from the game in my opinion. I did not like the characters - they were too over the top and ridiculous to be engaging - or even funny - which was a shame, because other elements of the game were very good.

The graphics were unusual and overall this was a visually appealing game. It was made up of hidden object scenes with some situational adventure elements (that certainly were the best part of the game play). There were many scenes with no repeating sections - the game was a good length - it kept you moving (and thinking occasionally). However, there was a missing element that prevented me from really being engaged in the game - I guess I found it a bit boring. This was really due to the lack of a cohesive story.

While I did enjoy restoring Skymist, I wish it was for a more compelling purpose than what the characters ultimately had to offer. There was lots of lost potential in my opinion. I hope the developers put more creative thought into the storyline of future games - that is something that needs to be added to dynamic visuals in order to make a game memorable.

Absolutely. You did indeed nail it. I've just finished and was very bored by the end. I won't play again and I play all of my games at least twice. Still, we complain about the length! Certainly get your money's worth here.

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 8:40:29 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 26, 10 9:14 PM
mr7933 wrote:I thought this game was cute, but boring. I could see playing it for a more relaxing game, but I like a challenge. I agree with some others who have reviewed it as childish.

I have to say I agree. The graphics are stunning but I found the story line and overall game play a bit boring, especially when they reused many of the same objects in each of the HOG scenes. Still - I'm glad I bought this game and have to give kudos to the developers for the graphics.

BarbiW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by BarbiW on Jul 27, 10 8:14 AM
I really liked this game

I thought the objects were nice and clear (even though I found some of them quite hard to find, they were obvious when I did find them). The ability to brighten the scene in the options menu was a very welcome extra. I'd not seen this before so I hope that it will be adopted by other game developers in the future.

The story, what there is of it, is quite amusing but I'm not that interested in the story particularly. I like the puzzles and if I got a bit stuck as to what I should do, a quick look at the journal or in my inventory usually gave me an idea.

I'm very glad I bought this game - I would definitely recommend it.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 19, 10 9:48 AM
This was not my favorite HOG game. Even though the graphics were well done, I dislike junkpiles of unrelated objects. I want the objects to relate/add to the story. Having my name "in" the dialogue was a unique idea -- made the conversations more personal. Playing the game became tedious and repetitive after awhile. Some will really like the game as indicated by several previous comments. I like more of a challenge.

cyndyk2
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cyndyk2 on Oct 21, 10 2:43 PM
Wow, two games in a row that didn't crash or freeze; things must be looking up! :-)

While I enjoyed the game play in Skymist overall, I felt the CGI-type graphics could have been considerably better done, given the state of the art these days. The backgrounds were a lot better done than the hidden objects themselves. The "Spirit Stones" were gorgeous, so I don't see why the hidden objects couldn't also have been rendered better. As a number of people pointed out, they looked plastic.

But my main peeve is with the ending. Talk about abrupt! Wow. Couldn't they have at least wrapped up the story line a little bit?? That felt like having the castle gate slammed in your face.

Overall, the game itself was enjoyable to play, and I rarely needed to resort to hair-pulling or checking the walkthrough, and hardly ever used a hint. 4 stars.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 29, 10 1:07 PM
This game just didn't work for me -- I thought it would be fantastic given the many positive comments. However, I found it tedious and repetitious. The story didn't hang together and there was no continuity or connection to the theme. The HOs
were thrown in junkpiles which I find frustrating . There was little, if any, connection of the HOs to the storyline. To me, junkpiles are the easy way to get something done, and fast, without any thought or creativity to the work itself. Quality suffers and so do the players. Definitely a disappointment for me.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Feb 10, 11 1:18 PM
This is a long hidden object game, with very, very simple puzzles.... I am bored with it but believe when I start something I should finish it. Hope I can manage....

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Feb 19, 11 9:02 AM
Ok, done...... the best puzzles were at the end.. I was not impressed

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dendale on Apr 16, 11 11:55 PM
I just want to say that this game is fun, funny--even a bit wacked--creative, original and a lot for your money. I give it all the stars I'm allowed to.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on May 1, 11 12:17 AM
Really liked this game. Great graphics, objects easy to find, interesting storyline.
Bought it.

Go to: