Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air

[Post New]by Terisuz on Feb 1, 11 5:15 PM
Maybe one of you that liked the game can help me.... I can't get the airship fueled up! I know to put the rocks in it and to try and get rid of the rocks in as big a chunks as I can, but I can't seem to get enough fuel! Someone help! Thanks!

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Feb 8, 11 7:49 PM
I was very disappointed in this game. The Dream Chronicles has been, to this point, an excellent puzzler. Wonderful graphics, beautiful art, lovely music, consistent storyline, challenging and relevant puzzles.

Aside from the beautiful art and a few overlapping charactors this is a completely different game. Very simple, repetitive, no story to speak of ... it appears this game is intended as a simple tutorial style introduction to a more complex game.

I REALLY HATED the fuel making mini-game. Completely breaks the story flow.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 14, 11 2:15 PM
I found the game to be a lot of fun, not particularly challenging, just fun! The graphics were awesome, the use of crystals to build up an array of useful hints was unique, and I liked having the map which gave the various locations. I first played the "easy" mode, but on replay, I'll consider playing the more complicated version now that I have a feel for the game's structure. Yes, it was a shorter game than most, but I like the variety of options. I hope there will be a sequel to this game.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 26, 11 12:32 PM
Foxgina was correct - this had the potential to be a really great game. Needed added length and exploration of the various places. Liked the idea of the map and airship - graphics were great. But no real game play except mini-games and very short - 2.5 hours. The dream crystals and other items are really difficult to view and find - strongly suggest you use the magnifier to be an actual magnifier. Again no hint system except to find the dream crystals. The last game was better - the mazes didn't bother me so much. The ending stunk big time - a simple come on for the next game - which after this one I'll think twice about purchasing. Sorry guys - you are better then this.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 28, 11 1:42 PM
I find this game to be the best of the Dream Chronicles. Very challenging, but not too much, just need some patience. Love it.

[Post New]by Meryl159 on Feb 28, 11 4:08 PM
SO DISAPPOINTED!! I to wait and upgrade my system (Mac) before I could play it - was really looking forward to it, as I found the other Dream Chronicles games so absorbing. I really couldn't believe how simple this was in comparison, and it took me under 2 hours to complete. Come on, where's the challenge? Everything could be found really easily, dream pieces especially, and the powers were a bit naff!! All in all, I don't think I'll be back for the next instalment. Shame.

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Mar 19, 11 10:30 AM
I am disappointed in the short length of this 'episode', the locations' graphics and concepts were excellent, at times the gameplay was tedious

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Mar 29, 11 4:14 AM
Just a warning...
I bought this game as a daily deal and the Music island is very hard because of the blue stones.
I am stuck there and have lost interest as there are so many good games around.
But if you like a challenge then this may be for you as the price is right.

[Post New]by dissappointed on Mar 30, 11 2:01 PM
I am with most others on liking the first Dream Chronicles but this one i can't even get past the clockmaker's house because it won't let me finish the wall puzzle in his house the picture in the book is good but the tiles just won't line up the way they do in the book maybe its my computer? Wish i had thought twice before buying this one!!!

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Mar 31, 11 10:55 AM
Wow! I always check this before I buy, thanks people! I'll save my money on this one and buy one I'll like. Even if the developers don't listen, other customers at BF do, so your time and words aren't wasted.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Apr 1, 11 1:09 PM
I absolutely hated this game (and I don't say that very often) I even tried to print out the walk though but nothing made sence. I would get one step ahead and three back. I about drove myself nuts! If I could get throught "Scratchers The Directors Cut I was sure I could do this one. NOPE!!!I am very sorry I purchased it.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 4, 11 6:52 PM
I had been looking forward to this installment of "Dream Chronicles" and because I enjoyed the others so much, I bought it sight unseen. BIG MISTAKE!! I hated this game!!! I just did NOT get the storyline, and the gameplay was so boring that I literally kept falling asleep, or leaving it to check Face Book!! Since playing BF games in 2006, I have NEVER left a game to check FB!! When I (gratefully) got to the end, I couldn't believe it got worse... there was no ending... just a lead in to what I hope won't be another loser game... One thing for certain.. the next installment won't be an automatic purchase for me... through trial, it will have to prove it's worth not only my money, but my time.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 22, 11 8:20 PM
I have been trying to get into this game, but it still isn't grabbing my attention. This is the first Dream Chronicle game I have played. Maybe I should try the others in this series, I had noticed so many great reviews about this series that I am slightly disappointed in this game.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 25, 11 8:50 AM
This game was just so-so. This is the first Dream Chronicles game I have played, so I did not have the previous ones to compare it to. However, I can now see why the reviews have indicated disappointment in this game. While the graphics were good, the story and game play were not particularly inspiring. I am really glad I did not purchase the CE version.

As a standard edition, it was an OK game, but nothing special and not as good as many other games out there.

[Post New]by bugsbuni760 on Jun 9, 11 2:26 PM
It was too short and easy . I hope the DC book of air is better.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 6:10 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3.5 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 3.125 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

What was I thinking???

[Post New]by eugefi on Dec 29, 12 1:30 PM
So yeah, I was really bored at home and decided to give this Dream Chronicle saga a shot... Baaaaaaadddd idea!!

This game is soooooo boring, slow, unchallenging... in short, not worth it...

The puzzles are really easy to solve, the storyline is so plain, the idea behind the game is so simple, that it was just a waste of time.

I have to give it to the team for the graphics though; they're just amazing!

To make a long story short, I wouldn't recommend this game cause it is just too simple and not worth the money or the time.

Go to: