Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Golden Trails: The New Western Rush

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 7, 13 8:09 AM
Unique & Addictive Game Play For HO Fans

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This is the first game of a SERIES I consider to be by far the BEST HOG only games.

The GRAPHICS are GREAT, with the side panels of widescreen wood instead of the usual boring black, filling the screen without messing up the aspect ratio.

I particularly LOVED the VOICEOVER of the main character. Other characters do not have VO.

The STORY is DIFFERENT and fun. You are the NEW SHERIFF in a SMALL TOWN in the ‘Wild West’ era, reluctantly sent there “for a rest”, and you arrive just in time to investigate a bank robbery. Soon, it becomes clear that NOTHING is what it SEEMS.

You CONDUCT your investigations by a talk to SUSPECTS, followed by a good look around. This is your HO GAMEPLAY. While there, you find PICTURED ITEMS, some of which are INTERACTIVE, others are for your INVENTORY, to use in later scenes. There are also all the EXTRAS to keep in mind.

You then complete a simple PUZZLE, one unique to these games, and SHOOT some BANDITS, before moving to the next episode. Your sheriff SUMMARIZES the EVIDENCE at the end of each episode, and controls the places where you go next, so there is no wandering off on your own. (Sorry, adventurers, these games just weren’t made for you)

Every so often, you will need to show your marksmanship abilities to shoot BANDITS who pop in unannounced.

This is a SE, but you would be forgiven for not realising it. Look at the list of extras included in this game!

Extras:

• 200+ COLLECTIBLE sheriff’s badges
• 20 “stolen items” (they sparkle when your cursor hovers over them – SOMETIMES)
• 45 REPLAYABLE HOS with separate trophies
• 80 Trophies & Awards
• Secret Mission (a BONUS CHAPTER epilogue available after completion of main game)

Great fun, and great value too.

[Post New]by kycopmom on Jan 7, 14 10:29 AM
I love the "Golden Trails" games. Can anyone tell me if there will be any new ones coming out??

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 22, 14 7:23 AM
Somewhere along the line I must have played the entire demo and then decided not to buy this game because when I went to demo it again it said I had already played it. Not knowing why I didn't buy, I took advantage of a special to do so.

I now know why I didn't buy....this was NOT an easy HO game...items were very hard to find, some actually being the same color as their background...very tedious and time consuming especially since you had to watch for and shoot very quick moving "bad guys" in the scene to acquire HINTs. Made for a long, tiring game.

A lot of cut scenes and dialog that I skipped over...puzzles were repeatative. Finally finished it and doubt I will play again. Glad I didn't pay full price. Because of the difficulty and top loaded dialog I give this only a 2 out of 5 stars.

Go to: