Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by meanashir on Jul 19, 10 7:09 AM
This is a fun game but for some reason Iam stuck. Can't get the achemist to take any of the supplies and can't move ahead at this point. What have I done or not done to have this happen?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 19, 10 7:14 AM
I played the demo and found that I didn't even get to Chapter 2 in the hour. This is a very good game with an interesting storyline, lots of interaction, clear HOG scenes, and wonderful graphics. I got my monthly credit today, but I am torn between this game and The Great Gatsby. Oh, if only this was the least of my worries!

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Jul 19, 10 7:30 AM
Bought after short demo visit. I am in agreement with all the positive comments about this game. Thanks BFG, another great game to add to my constantly growing roster of games.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Jul 19, 10 7:54 AM
Great game. Play free hour, I liked it, definitely buy! recommend the game to all!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Jul 19, 10 8:29 AM
brilliant game, not easy but not so difficult that it drives you insane. great story and graphics, plus the game is a very good length, well worth a credit. great ihog, 9/10

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Jul 19, 10 8:39 AM
Maybe I'm just slow..

On a review site they said the game was great but only lasted about two hours..Well i been playing a lot longer than that and not finished yet.

Makes me wonder if they actually played the whole game, or else i play like a snail!

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jul 19, 10 11:07 AM
Wow, what a fantastic quality game. I bought this one ten minutes into the demo.
Interesting story, a variety of mini games. I was sorry when I finished but I will be playing this again.

The graphics were amazing. I'm a slow player and really note great graphics in a game. There were only two scenes in the whole game where some objects were a bit fuzzy. One was the magician boat scene and I never noted the second one. The rest of the graphics were crystal clear.

I already own the other two Big Fish games by this developer and it seems they just keep getting better.

Thank you BFG and the game development team for such an interesting and fun game.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 19, 10 1:36 PM
I have purchased every game these developers have made, and I must say, they are a talented bunch, with yet another amazing game, that I just LOVED !
The graphics are more than just stunning, they will leave you breathless, dude those characters were spot on, a visual feast for the eye's...IMHO .
The music was by far, the best I've heard in any game, and believe me I own hundreds, so that is quite a compliment, it suited the the game perfectly.
I was captivated by the story, I thought it was original and loved following it, all the way until the end, it definitely held my attention...which isn't always easy to do..lol!
I am just in awe of how some people's brains think, to be able to come up with a game like this, is just sheer brilliance...THANK YOU :-)
I am very passionate about my games, I read where someone said this game was better than, the Wonder Wizard of Oz, offered yesterday, needless to say, I had a mouthful of coffee when I read that, so my monitor was covered in coffee.
I think watching paint dry, would be more fun, than what that game had to offer, but thanks for the much needed laugh...LOVED IT .
Ok back to the game, I for one am glad they had the sparkles, if you don't need them that's great, but I do like having a choice, so everybody is happy and can play at their level of difficulty
Sometimes I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I will not look at a walkthrough, so even though I did run into a few challenging parts in this game, I took my time and worked through them, and that felt great....YIPEEE .
So for me this game was a decent lenght, another huge PLUS, most of the time, I finish them in 2 hrs.
I have been in game heaven this week, so thanks developers for putting out a spectacular, perfect in every way, fun game.... out :-)

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jul 19, 10 3:51 PM
Askold - thank you! As I started to play today, I said to myself "Now this is my kind of game!" Happy happy. I'd just played the wild west game demo and thought it was ok, but wasn't real excited about it, despite the rave reviews. But this one floats my boat, and almost everyone else's too, it seems. Thanks for a well thought out and beautiful game - as well as fun! No, it's not too hard (I'm playing "advanced"), but not too easy either. It's perfect so far. Finished the demo - off to buy. Thanks to you and BF for a great game!

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jul 19, 10 5:07 PM
Finally finshed the game!!! I LOVED it!!!!!!!! What a great game!!!!

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jul 19, 10 5:09 PM
What other games has this developer done?

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 19, 10 6:20 PM
would also like to know what other games these developers have. This was a GREAT game. I have not enjoyed a game this much since RTR. This was well thought out in every detail. I played the regular mode and spent many hours. I did need to go to the walkthrough a few times. Guess my mind is slower than others! I will play this again on advanced with NO walkthrough for the challenge. I have a few others to finish first, but this was the first time since RTR that I played a game straight through. Thanks BF for this game. What better way to spend triple digit days than in air conditioning with good games.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 19, 10 6:53 PM
Reading all these wonderful reviews and not getting in on the action! Downloaded it last night....Going to play NOW! I will talk to you Fishies later I'm sure with wonderful feedback.

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Jul 19, 10 7:14 PM
Great game! It took me several hours, and I can usually fly through them pretty quickly. There were no annoying pauses while playing. The only downside was having to go back and forth several times, but each transition went quickly and smoothly. The HOG scenes were not too tough, not too easy....just right. And most of the tasks made sense. Some of the mini-games were easy, but several I just couldn't get on the first go around. I highly recommend this game.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 19, 10 7:41 PM
If you've ever wondered if BFG listens to beta testers, they do! The slider puzzle in the back of the statue works much more smoothly than it did in the beta. This is a great game, and it was a privilege to help out on it even in a small way.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jul 19, 10 8:22 PM
Awesome game!

I got a little confused with the end (it seemed like my tasks were out of order and you can't do the "first" one without doing the second before it) and a few hidden items here and there don't look exactly like what I think they should, but it was a really great game with a great story.

I especially liked how the stuff we were hunting for was actually useful in the game.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jul 19, 10 10:27 PM
Played my hour, and just came to the forum to see if everyone enjoyed this game as much as I do. I have to agree with another reviewer who said it's nice to play a game that's not super easy, but you don't have to keep checking the walkthrough either. A definite buy for me.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 19, 10 11:29 PM
oh, i would give this a 10 if 5 out of 5 were the best. very enjoyable, interesting, fun to play, never got bored or felt out of my depth. great graphics, too. reminiscent of mcf rtr in that there were needs to be filled before the play could continue. i liked that it wasn't too easy. mini games were fun and although brain power was needed, not too difficult, especially if one went to tips in the forums...i had to check two times, but it was then so obvious. one slight glitch was the instruction to return to the magician and complete the ritual which had been addressed already. the other problem i had was the physicist was stingy with the elevator key and i couldn't get to his back pocket as was mentioned on a post. i had reinstalled and it still didn't work, so i started over and it worked fine the second time. is it me or was there a long spell of not so good games and suddenly there is a few really good ones? glad we are back to some fun!

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on Jul 19, 10 11:46 PM
I, too, bought this game even before the demo was over. I love everything about this game, and I hope there will be more of these from the developer!! In fact, this week has been one of the best HOG weeks in a long time....Thank you, Big Fish!!

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by marloflip on Jul 20, 10 12:19 AM
Just finished this game and loved it! Worth the money!

Go to: