Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 6, 10 7:23 PM
Just finished and throughly enjoyed it. It does have a lot of hidden objects scenes. I used the walk through a few times. But that's OK sometimes. The graphics and music (so creepy) are wonderful. Claire walks a little funny and talks with a little attitude. LOL. Anyway, it is not too short, not too long. I was hoping it was going to have places from Savannah but none that I recognized from historic Savannah. Vampire doesn't show up until last chapter. Guess that's why it's called Vampire Secrets. The ending will leave you hanging a little. I guess that means we should expect a sequel. I will play it again.

[Post New]by edgeofday on Aug 7, 10 2:53 PM
silly, easy game with NO vampires. I don't know why it was called Vampire Secrets and they never show a real vampire....easy hidden object scenes, and easy puzzles. Kind of a silly game, really.

Zaitai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Zaitai on Aug 7, 10 8:45 PM
Compared to others of its genre, Vampire Secrets is second rate. Its puzzles are too easy and the dialogue is unsophisticated--no, it's annoying. I bought this game after playing the demo and wish I hadn't.

[Post New]by hippielady on Aug 8, 10 10:44 AM
Coronagold wrote:I just finished the full game after I bought it earlier. That is I think I finished it. Was that the ending? What did I just witness? Uh.....what happened to her aunt? And no, we don't know "just the place" you'd like to go to with your sparkly boyfriend.

I did enjoy the game and love how it got more involved in the castle, but that "ending" just kinda started off with an aftertaste, didn't it. No allusion to a sequel or anything.

I couldn't agree more. Ending is *really* bad, imho. It's like reading a book and finding the last pages missing. I understand they're probably setting up a sequel, but I actually thought the game malfunctioned!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 9, 10 4:00 PM
Hi everyone, I've just finished playing Vampire Secrets and I don't know if I'm 'slipping' or something but all I can say is, 'THANK GOODNESS FOR THE WALKTHROUGH!' I haven't had to use a walkthrough so much before and found myself really stuck so many times. Having said that, I enjoyed the game and found the hidden objects fairly easy to find but, in agreement with Coronagold, what happened to the ending!? What an anticlimax! or perhaps it was meant to be a cliffhanger, leaving us (with baited ---is that how you spell it? --- breath) waiting for the follow-on game.
The couple didn't so much 'ride off into the sunset', rather 'row off into an unknown dark place'. Oh well! Guess we'll all have to wait and see eh?
Nightie Night all! Love Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by skyduck on Aug 10, 10 9:30 PM
It was OK. Just OK, and pretty silly. I found the puzzles to be quite easy. Graphics were good, acting pretty bad but at least I didn't have to turn off my speakers, but the end???? What's up with that? I had to go back and make sure my game hadn't ended abruptly due to some sort of technical malfunction. It made no sense at all to me. It was almost as if the creators ran out of time and clocked out at 5PM intending to return at 9AM the next day to start work on some other game. Odd. I have never reviewed a game in this forum before but the ending of this one was so abrupt that I really had to say something.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 9:35:52 PM PST

[Post New]by frodoself on Aug 14, 10 11:11 AM
every time i leave this game it takes me back to the start when i want toplay again. already bought it but its irratating to go over same stuff each time

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 14, 10 11:38 AM
Pretty good game, lame ending, really bad voice acting.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Aug 19, 10 5:28 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. The hidden object scenes were clear and most objects were easy to find.... only a few that needed a concentrated effort to find them. I liked the idea of having to go back and forth to different areas to find things needed in another scene. Although there wasn't a map, it was easy to move from scene to scene. Some of the puzzle games were challenging and I appreciated that there was a skip button. I used it a few times when I was tired or wanting to move on in the game. My only disappointment was not finding out what happened to the aunt and the vampires at the end of the game. Overall, for my needs, I would rate this game .

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 21, 10 8:10 AM
This was a pretty good one! At first I thought it was going to be repetitive and way too easy, but overall, it was very enjoyable. The graphics were good, the flow logical, and a couple of the puzzles and things to find ended up to be a bit challenging. The castle chapter at the end was excellent - good adventure elements throughout. There were a couple of downsides - one being that the vocals were sketchy and scattered - so for the first few chapters I thought something was wrong with my game, because she just spoke out loud occasionally - maybe something was wrong - not sure. That was distracting for me. Also, the actual dialog and story with the "vampire" at the end was not great, nor were the many loose ends of the story. Maybe there will be a sequel - if so, I would play it. Its not the best game out there, but it was fun, a good length, and well worth the time.

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Aug 28, 10 5:07 AM
I like playing this game very much...I do get a bit edgy in case its kinda un-Holy...but the Crucifixes about calm me of that.....Yes a good game...which I shall not rush (but take a sneaky look in walkthru xx

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 31, 10 10:14 PM
I loved this game!!!!!!!

Nice clear graphics. So far the voice has been great. I dont know why I waited so long to purchase.

Have a great gaming day

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Sep 11, 10 3:05 PM
I really did enjoy playing this game. I did not think it was too hard or too easy. My biggest complaint like some other people was the ending. I almost thought there was a glitch with my game since it did not make any sense and credits did not roll. I hope it ended the way it did because they plan to make another one. If not then that was a horrible ending.

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Nov 17, 10 6:19 AM
I was wondering whether to try this game or not. Since several people didn't like it, I think I will do the demo first. I wish Big Fish would put the date the game was published and the makers, so we could have a clearer idea of what we are buying. The newer games seem so much better, so I don't want to buy one that is too old. And once you find a company that makes a good game, you would like to buy others that they have made.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Nov 25, 10 4:01 PM
gimmegames wrote:A Vampire HOG? Made me laugh recalling all the comments about yet another vampire game when Blood Oath came out lol.
If it isn't about vampires or anything then we get grandfathers who have gone missing!!!!

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Nov 27, 10 5:58 AM
Georgieflip wrote:I was wondering whether to try this game or not. Since several people didn't like it, I think I will do the demo first. I wish Big Fish would put the date the game was published and the makers, so we could have a clearer idea of what we are buying. The newer games seem so much better, so I don't want to buy one that is too old. And once you find a company that makes a good game, you would like to buy others that they have made.

Hi still learning how to maneuver around in the forums.
When I need to know how old a game is I check for the Welcome link in the game forum. This usually lets me know. This game - Vampire Secrets had a welcome date of July 17, 2010.

I like this game a lot. Just finished the trial and bought it at the weekend special price. Which by the way is well worth it. Almost a steal. This game is crazy fun for me because it is taking me awhile to figure out the logical connection between my acquisitions and surroundings.

Whether or not you are still on the fence this game is still steal at the regular club price. Enjoy!!! I am.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 6:07:04 AM PST

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Nov 27, 10 11:20 AM
I really wanted to play this game but it is too dark! even after adjusting my computer it is so dark I can't see a lot of the hidden items. Too bad, it looks like a good game.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Dec 1, 10 12:49 PM
Warning: May contain spoilers!
Storyline: A woman named Claire is haunted by visions. She decides to take some time off her busy corporate work and visit her Aunt Rosie. However, Rosie has gone away. This is very unusual for Rosie and you (Claire) go to investigate why Rosie has left and where she has left for.
This is a fairly basic storyline, but as the game progresses it becomes more intriguing. You begin to follow your visions which seem to lead you on the trail of vampires!
Music: The music is good, a little creepy and really sets the mood. There is a fair amount of voice acting, which is quite nice to have, but usually only at the begining of a chapter. Unfortunately, there is NO *tinkly* sounds played during the Hidden object scenes when you find an item, with the exeption of if you find a book.
Hidden Object Scenes: Scenes are clear and each item can be seen individually and do not merge in to the background or in to other items. There is no click penalty, which for me is a drawback as it makes me very lazy and I end up clicking everything in the scene without bothering to look at the list! Hints can be used to show where an item is. Hints take about 30-40 seconds to recharge. As I said earlier, there is no tinkly sound when you click on an item during these scenes, which I find a bit annoying because I LIKEto hear a little tinkle sound when I've found something. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
Puzzle Scenes: All the puzzles are different each time and are quite creative. From time to time you will require the use of a book to give you hints on how to solve a puzzle (the books are collected in Hidden Object scenes and stay in your book inventory) but most times you can solve it using your own brain. There was a good amount of puzzles in this game and I enjoyed many of them. What I disliked about the puzzles, however, was the fact that there is no Hint button, only Skip. This was frustrating for me as I knew I would be able to solve some of the puzzles if I had a little bit of a hint, but I had to skip several because there was not this option.
Conclusion: I found this to be a very enjoyable game. Puzzles, storyline, music and H0 scenes were great, but this game was let down a bit by minor annoyances (such as the lack of a Hint button in puzzle scenes), as well as the extremely abrupt and confusing ending. 3.5 out of 5

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Dec 13, 10 1:03 PM
Good game but this could be a great game with a few improvements. I liked that there were fewer hidden object tasks than in many games like this. They get really boring after a while. The other tasks were good but could have been more challenging. Story line was good but it needed an ENDING!!!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 16, 11 5:14 PM
I have had this game for along time and decided to play it today.

The graphics were super clear and great scenery. Some of the hidden objects were not that clear but the rest certainly was. Loved the voice acting.

I enjoyed the game but I feel this could have been a real super game with a little more work on storyline and characters.

Glad I purchased this game.

Happy game day

Go to: