Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Aug 18, 10 4:35 PM
In terms of gameplay i did find this game rather average (a bit too repetitive for its own good, the storyline is just minimal and the puzzles could have been more challenging),

But...

I really like to give a big for the developers when it comes to the graphics of this game. These were some of the most impressive graphics i have ever seen in a casual game, not only the use of details and textures, but especially the use of lightning (which even 'moved' through certain scenes) was superb.

Other developers take notice: this is how good a modern casual game should look like!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 24, 10 4:38 AM
Ember66 wrote:
jkuci wrote:
(It did make me laugh though, that the first thing requested of the brave heroine pilot was to "tidy up" the front yard)

it could have been worse, he could have asked her to make a sandwich!

i really wanted to like this game. the graphics are great, the music was restful but the story was boring and the minigames too simple.
sorry but this game just didn't do it for me.

What's wrong with makin' ol' gramps a sandwich? Is that bad?
Dr.good

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Aug 28, 10 12:26 AM
Hubby and I played it in turns, very fun beautiful graphics, nice to see so many of our pond fishes in the game!
Loved it enough, that i wish it was 10 times longer

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 1:06:26 AM PST

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Aug 29, 10 11:19 AM
Hi fishes, I found the graphics in ths game quite good, the storyline was relatively straight forward, and the length of the game was quite good. The music and sound affects were very appropriate and not too annoying. The way the hidden object searches cleaned up the scene was a wonderful touch. Additionally they were far from the junkpile scenes that are found in sooo many games. The puzzles for me were on the easy side except for the wiring one near the end. I just couldn't wrap my little brain around that one. For a casual HOG game this was a very nice experience for me. If you are looking for a challenge I would say find a different game, but if you want to have a relaxing afternoon, this is a beautiful game to play

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 11:22:49 AM PST

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 10, 10 7:37 PM
This was a gorgeous game, both in terms of the graphics and the music. The overall aesthetic was fun with a steampunk feel, and the audio track really helped set the mood. Thumbs up!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 12, 10 6:21 PM
Just finished this game and I am so glad I bought it. You really get your money's worth here in my opinion. Good length to it, lots of fun, diverse mini games that are not too taxing on the brain or nerves , nice graphics and storyline. I had a truly fun time of it throughout the game and liked the fact that as you found objects in the HOG scenes the game put the items back where they belonged in the area so that you were, in essence, tidying an area up. Very clever!! It said it was to be continued at the end of the game and I really hope this is the case as I would no doubt buy a sequel. I went to the dev's website though and it is virtually non-existant so I am not sure what to make of that. Still, I will be crossing my fingers on another installment in what I would love to see be a series of games. I liked the story, characters, game play - well, basically everything about the game. Will play it again and probably soon....

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 6:22:22 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 18, 10 10:58 PM
Hmmmm - well, I just could not get into this game. Maybe I've just played too many great games lately, but I was bored to tears with this one. I regret purchasing it.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Sep 24, 10 7:20 PM
I really, really enjoyed this game. Lovely graphics, nice story, H.O.s not difficult to find. Some were small, but not small enough to make them super difficult. Music was okay, but I left it playing very low. Sometimes I didn't know what to do and then I remembered I had to look at the "Log" to fill me in. Just a fun game moving to different places to get the Nautilus back in working order. I didn't do the puzzles in between because they just aren't my "thing" and I never do them. Other than that, I give

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 21, 10 4:37 PM
This is an excellent game. It has hard puzzles, which I like, the graphics are clear, the music enjoyable. The developers lure you in and it is hard to let go.

Most enjoyable...

4-1/2 out of 5 s.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 30, 10 10:14 PM
This was a nice mix of iHOG and puzzles. Each "stage" consisted of a couple of hidden object scenes where you'd pick up items for your inventory, then a scene where you'd have to assemble the parts in the right order followed by a puzzle. It was a nice variety of things to do.

The hidden object scenes were fun. Pretty graphics and objects that were not too small and typically hidden by virtue of fitting into the contours of other things. Once you find an object, it reappears in a different part of the scene in its proper place. It was nice in that you get a feeling of tidying up, but a few times I would click on something that had already been put away (when they wanted you to find multiples of the same object, e.g. 3 ropes).

The puzzles were of moderate difficulty. The journal explained what you were supposed to do pretty well.

I really liked the undersea setting, and also the steampunk aspect of the Nautilus.

[Post New]by flanomad45 on Jan 11, 11 3:57 AM
Everyone has covered reviewing the game well. I don't see where the objects staying in the scene is a problem kind of a nice twist plus they get crossed of you list and there are multiples pay attention to where they go when you find them and you won't be refinding things as you go. For those who like to move alomg through the games this one is not a good choice! Long pauses between scenes becomes very annoying when you schedule only aloows you to play 15 or 20 mins at a time.

[Post New]by flanomad45 on Jan 11, 11 3:57 AM
Everyone has covered reviewing the game well. I don't see where the objects staying in the scene is a problem kind of a nice twist plus they get crossed of you list and there are multiples pay attention to where they go when you find them and you won't be refinding things as you go. For those who like to move alomg through the games this one is not a good choice! Long pauses between scenes becomes very annoying when you schedule only aloows you to play 15 or 20 mins at a time.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 27, 11 1:13 PM
I don't know why I hadn't tried this before, but I really wasn't missing much. Sloooow moving HOG with not very interesting mini games and boring music. Not for me.

[Post New]by dosssterling on Mar 25, 11 6:24 AM
This is my favorite so far. The graphics are great. I love that when you find unusable items they are "tidied up" and put in their proper place. I enjoyed figuring out how to use the items in inventory to repair the nautilus and get it working. Especially that you really have to see things all the way through. If I had repaired something and nothing would happen, then I knew that there was more for me to do. And I liked that it wasn't too complicated, I never felt frustrated. I also love that you have to move or open things to find some of the items. The fact that they highlight those items in green helps, and that the cursor changes to gears to indicate an action. Anyway, this game is a winner.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 8, 11 5:49 PM
Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus (IHOG)

Options include separate sliders for music & sound, custom cursor & full-screen. Credits are also accessible via the options menu.

The Help tab will show you the basics of game interaction, which most of us know, but would be helpful for newbies to the interactive hidden object genre.

There is a misclick penalty (red-hot cursor) and a refillable HINT button.

Hidden objects are found via list, but they've added to the difficulty a bit by only showing eight of the items you need to find at a time. There is a counter to the right of the list that shows how many items you have left to find. ie. You see the names of eight items you need to find, and there are 24 items remaining to find. Click on any listed item to see what the outline looks like.

Some items are hidden via hot-spots. There are interactive areas during the HOG scenes where you might have to look inside cupboards, behind or under other items, etc. There are two nice things about this extra interaction: For those of us who can't stand unsolicited hints, there are no excessive sparklies! For those who prefer a bit more help, items that are hidden within the scenes are listed in the color green, so you'll know to be looking for hot-spots.

Something that I really like is that every item you find on your list will either go into your inventory to be used later, or placed back into the scene properly. In this game everything is a mess for a reason, and finding objects "tidies" the room. The rooms start messy (but not junk-piley), and become more lovely as you progress.

Captain Nemo, via holographic device, will give you instructions periodically, and you'll have to click on the "continue" button before you can proceed. A small inconvenience. You also have a log that will add extra story and instructions, but hint-haters be warned! There are sometimes solutions that you may not have wanted to see in the log.

The game is very linear, made in classic IHOG-style with no adventure-esque wandering involved. The mini-games are skippable, but doable. Some scenes are interaction-only with no instructions at all, but there is always the log and HINT button available if you get stuck. I love that you are not bombarded with sparklies and hints, and also that they are there if I should need them.

The artwork is very nice, the music so-so and the sound effects non-invasive, with a logical stopping point and room for a sequel. A solid IHOG.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 6:31 PM
Hi all, I enjoyed playing this game last year and now I've come back to it, it is just as interesting and fun... I like the graphics and don't mind the music (not too intrusive).
Think others have said all there is to be said about the game but I'd just like to add that it has a lovely feel about it and I intend keeping this one in my collection.
Lots of love Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by MissDoBeDo on Jun 8, 11 8:02 AM
Why does the game load soooooo slowly??

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 8, 11 9:28 AM
Hi MissDoBeDo,

If you think your game isn't loading as quickly as it should be, you might want to give the troubleshooting steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

donnamil
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by donnamil on Jun 13, 11 8:20 PM
NOT FOR THE TIMID!

I know there are lots and lots of reviews, but I'm compelled to add mine. So many people love this game but I couldn't wait for it to be over. I HATED it.

This is NOT a game for the seniors among us. I had no idea what I was doing in the mini-games. I've been a HOG player for years, but this one was beyond me. I've never skipped so many games as in this one. If you want an enjoyable game, my fellow AARP members, try something else.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 7:19 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 3 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Go to: