annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jessica - Mysterious Journey

[Post New]by annatar on Jul 28, 10 4:29 AM
I finished the whole game in 47 minutes. Despite the comics "storytelling" it had no story to speak of, and no explanation of why we went here or there or did this and that. And the ending was too cheesy for words! (I hope that doesn't count as a spoiler.)

Finding a lot of square looking silhouettes in rooms filled with boxes and books etc, what's the fun with that? And what on earth is that "personal stereo" thing that looks like an electronic alarmclock?

One of the biggest turn-offs for me in any game - and this isn't the only game that does this - is those condescending "clean up for me before I can help you" tasks. As if the person is content to act like somebody's servant and let people walk all over them. And this game was FULL of it! Every scene! "Clean my room! Tidy up my shop or my office or my kitchen! Cook for me!"
I certainly don't enjoy playing a game where I feel humiliated and used. I HATE it when THAT is the character's motivation for doing meaningless tasks! Can't they think up any better plot device for having you search through a HOG scene than THAT?

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 4:31:13 AM PST

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jul 28, 10 4:32 AM
Didn't like this game at all uninstalled after only 5 minutes

bashfuldi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bashfuldi on Jul 28, 10 5:32 AM
Well, well, well, it looks like I concur with everyone in the forum. This game was so bad I didn't even need 60 minutes to find that out. The minute I opened it I was sure I had seen the worst game. What a snoozer! I walked away and from this one after a few minutes. I kept thinking this will get better. Oh, those conversation blocks were just awful! It wasnt even much of a conversation going on in there. Come on BFG what the heck are you doing in there? Does anyone at BFG actaully look at these games before they put them out there? What a stinker!

[Post New]by colorsplash on Jul 28, 10 5:38 AM
yuckie

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 10 9:37 AM
This is the first time I have downloaded a gamed BECAUSE the reviews were so bad.

My little fishie friends, you were NOT exaggerating!

[Post New]by Amazonia70 on Jul 28, 10 10:35 AM
I SOOOOOOOO am going to read the forum first before I waste my timed downloading a game. This was awful........... time 20

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jul 28, 10 11:12 AM
Not such a great game. I never have known of the word silouette to mean function, objects in many cases were found with the hint button as they were unrecognizable, graphics were dull, and I fail to see how dressing the heroine like a hooker added anything to the game. The music was pretty good and the mini games weren't too bad. I also wondered about the function of the fish. I did play the full hour although I was almost asleep by the end of it. Definitely no buy, not even as a DD.

[Post New]by slickcat on Jul 28, 10 12:01 PM
the only mystery is how bF can expect anyone to buy this one!

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Jul 28, 10 12:16 PM
uninstalled after 10 minutes - not worth the time to download demo!

[Post New]by catehall on Jul 28, 10 12:34 PM
Yawn!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 28, 10 12:35 PM
I've demo'd this game somewhere a long time ago. This is not a new game. I didn't like it the first time, and I don't like it now.

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Jul 28, 10 1:05 PM
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, AFTER ONLY 15 MINUTES I GOT OUT, THANK GOODNESS.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 28, 10 1:23 PM
It was so bad, that I wanted to hit myself on the head with a hammer. The makers of this game should be ashamed of themselves for trying to pass this off as entertainment

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 28, 10 3:55 PM
OMG what a dud - the blonde with large breasts - WHY ? and the play was rather stupid on top of the cartoonish blonde

This was yet another try for 10 minutes and delete

I keep hoping for a good game soon

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 28, 10 6:09 PM
xidcrikit wrote:Ok only lasted 10 mins. When I saw the graphics I thought someone had a good sense of humor. I could stand cheesy art deco graphics. (All tho I am surprised the women wasn't falling face down on the pavement. ) But when they haven't put any thought into a game then I get irritated. I'm with all the others, this developer needs to find other work.

WOW, are you serious w/ "cheesy art deco graphics"? The Great Gatsby had art deco graphix. This thing just had bad graphix. Everywhere. Even in the bosom zone. Just bad. Arrested adolescents w/ a thing for anime drooling fantasies would think these were bad graphix. But they were most certainly not "art deco".

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Jul 28, 10 8:31 PM
Stupid, stupid, extremely DARK game. Couldn't see a thing, and when I did click on the item, half the time it wouldn't pick up unless you were exactly on the right spot. Don't waste your time like I just did..........lol.........should have read the reviews first!

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jantea331 on Jul 28, 10 9:00 PM
This is the worst game ever!!! I don't know how anyone could even make it through the whole 60 minutes. Awful!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jul 28, 10 10:07 PM
Wow! 7 pages of negative reviews( so far) without even one post defending this stinkeroo!!! Does anybody know if that's a record?
Dr.good

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 10:08:59 PM PST

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jul 29, 10 2:28 AM
Yes the creep on the plane was going to grab her boobs! At first I really disliked the game, as you could not figure out what matched the silhouettes. But, if you can muster up the patience the game actually got better. Collect the fish symbols to add to your hints.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 29, 10 8:19 AM
I only lasted five minutes in this game. Sorry, nothing good to say about this one. Delete.

Go to: