shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Welcome to Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 3, 10 6:23 PM
rt101010 wrote:
Gigi368 wrote:Ok, looks like I'm not the only one stuck on the safe in the husbands room...I never use the strategy guides, I like to figure them out on my own, but this time I TRIED to use it and it doesn't work like they said to do it...so HELP PLEASE ANYONE!?!? I really don't want to have to start over....

Apparently the instructions in the walk through are incorrect. See this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/109780.page#2432533

If you are on aMac, the game has a fatal error at the safe. We don't know how the combination works because the game crashes with any mouse click on the safe. We are waiting for a fix.

[Post New]by Amac1942 on Nov 5, 10 6:10 PM
squirlly wrote:Hi everyone, I'm stuck on the safe in the husbands room. Can't get the safe to open.Please help.

I am stuck on the safe also, but my game freezes up so it doesn't matter what I do...does anyone have a cure for that?

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 6, 10 2:27 AM
This is a fatal bug in the Mac version, first reported to BFG in September. We were told that the developer would start working on a fix on October 3. BFG stopped responding to requests for updates on October 15, so you're stuck with two bad options: either you ask for a refund, planning to the game and start over if it ever gets fixed or you just put up with the unresponsiveness and assume that maybe they'll fix it someday and you can play the remaining half of the game without having to start from scratch.

[Post New]by chitefl on Nov 13, 10 2:22 PM
Mystbecky wrote:
ritajame wrote:Hello All,

I purchased the collector's edition and found it to be great, but, I'm having a problem opening the safe. I'm doing as directed but still it won't open #4172 clockwise, counterclock clockwise, counterclockwise..nothing happens it just keeps clicking help help...

Thanks much

I'm stuck there as well. Very, Very frustrating. Is this a glitch?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 13, 10 7:08 PM
chitefl wrote:
Mystbecky wrote:

I purchased the collector's edition and found it to be great, but, I'm having a problem opening the safe. I'm doing as directed but still it won't open #4172 clockwise, counterclock clockwise, counterclockwise..nothing happens it just keeps clicking help help...

Thanks much

Hi chitefl! Welcome to the forums! Sometimes it is helpful to look through the forums as you are likely to find the answer to your problem is already there!

But see if this helps:

There have been a lot of previous posts about this. Seems it doesn't open like a conventional safe. Try going counterclockwise first, then alternating clockwise, etc. Also seems best to play with the volume turned up loud...you will hear a click when the proper number has locked in. Stick with it, you'll get it!

Here is a link to a video walkthrough on how to open the safe:
[removed by moderator]

Unfortunately, the mods will probably delete it, as we are not allowed to post about other sites here. If that happens, you can find a stickied thread with a link to the video in the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven (non-collector's edition) forum. Or you can do an advanced forum search (look in the column to the right of these posts, see "Search All Forums", click "Advanced Forum Search" at the bottom of the box) and type in "safe video" as keyword and search in this game's forums.

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 2:39:01 PM PST

[Post New]by dexonsbabe on Nov 17, 10 2:46 PM
can some one help me I have been looking for the 2nd jewel to use as eagle statues eye but cant find it anywhere.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 17, 10 3:05 PM
Welcome to the pond dexonsbabe!

I've found the following excerpts and screenshots in the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven walkthrough that should help:

First jewel: (see this screenshot)

* Play the Hidden Object Scene.

* The CANNON WHEEL will be added to inventory.

* Zoom into the sarcophagus on the right; pick up JEWEL 1/2 (P).

Second jewel: (see this screenshot)

* Zoom into the coffee table and place the 3 GOLDEN COINS in the empty slots to trigger a Hidden Object Scene in the room.

Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven

* Click on the chair on the right to begin playing the Hidden Object Scene.

* JEWEL 2/2 will be added to inventory.

I'd definitely recommend checking out the rest of the walkthrough if you run into any further trouble. It provides step-by-step guidance and some really helpful pictures as well!

It can be found on the top of the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Forum page, or by clicking here.

To navigate through it quickly, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and then type in “jewel,” or another relevant word.

Hope this helps and have fun!

-bfgDonau

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Nov 17, 10 9:02 PM
Well I just hit this same problem. I hung the dreamcatcher on the other side so I have the room ready to get the key that I think is under the pillow, but I think everything is contingent on getting that darned safe open. So, I think I'm pretty hosed on this part of the game, I don't know if we can leave Katherine and go to another ghost to solve for. This is maddening, although, my mac is not crashing as others report—the puzzle is just unsolvable.

DocHilda

WilJul wrote:
chitefl wrote:
Mystbecky wrote:

Thanks much

Hi chitefl! Welcome to the forums! Sometimes it is helpful to look through the forums as you are likely to find the answer to your problem is already there!

But see if this helps:

There have been a lot of previous posts about this. Seems it doesn't open like a conventional safe. Try going counterclockwise first, then alternating clockwise, etc. Also seems best to play with the volume turned up loud...you will hear a click when the proper number has locked in. Stick with it, you'll get it!

Here is a link to a video walkthrough on how to open the safe:
[removed by moderator]

Unfortunately, the mods will probably delete it, as we are not allowed to post about other sites here. If that happens, you can find a stickied thread with a link to the video in the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven (non-collector's edition) forum. Or you can do an advanced forum search (look in the column to the right of these posts, see "Search All Forums", click "Advanced Forum Search" at the bottom of the box) and type in "safe video" as keyword and search in this game's forums.

[Post New]by dexonsbabe on Nov 18, 10 2:06 AM
It looks like I missed this one (Zoom into the sarcophagus on the right; pick up JEWEL 1/2) but when I go back the sarcophagus is closed and I cant get it to open up again.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 18, 10 7:12 AM
dexonsbabe wrote:It looks like I missed this one (Zoom into the sarcophagus on the right; pick up JEWEL 1/2) but when I go back the sarcophagus is closed and I cant get it to open up again.

The area should remain active if there is still something that needs to be done there. Are you sure it's not hiding in your inventory?

[Post New]by dexonsbabe on Nov 18, 10 7:30 AM
Hi Vingilot,

Thanks for the response.........the area is not active anymore and the Jewel is def not in my inventory. Without it I cant go any further.........looks like I will have to start again

[Post New]by mvteresita on Nov 18, 10 12:13 PM
I am in the puzzle of the two ballerinas, I already finish, but the ask me to put the LID, I don't have it, where I can find it? can somebody help me? please......

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 18, 10 6:28 PM
dexonsbabe - Sorry to hear it. That definitely should not happen. If you haven't already, send in to CS.

mvteresita wrote:I am in the puzzle of the two ballerinas, I already finish, but the ask me to put the LID, I don't have it, where I can find it? can somebody help me? please......

You took off the lid to play the puzzle and insert the key. The lid is on the right of the music box. Just click it and it will go back on the music box.

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Nov 18, 10 7:30 PM
How did you get past the puzzle in the previous vignette to solve the murderer that led to the 3rd vignette that uses the smelling salts?

Redhawk113 wrote:I can't seem to get the smelling salts to work on the coach driver???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 19, 10 9:40 AM
Dochilda wrote:How did you get past the puzzle in the previous vignette to solve the murderer that led to the 3rd vignette that uses the smelling salts?

Redhawk113 wrote:I can't seem to get the smelling salts to work on the coach driver???

Someone else on another thread had this problem and said they had to back completely out of the game, close it down, then went back in and tried again and it worked. Have you tried this already?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 19, 10 1:57 PM
WilJul wrote:
Dochilda wrote:How did you get past the puzzle in the previous vignette to solve the murderer that led to the 3rd vignette that uses the smelling salts?

Someone else on another thread had this problem and said they had to back completely out of the game, close it down, then went back in and tried again and it worked. Have you tried this already?

That would be me. That should help Redhawk's problem. Dochilda - I'm not sure I'm understanding your problem. Are you still in the second novella? What puzzle are you talking about?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 19, 10 2:13 PM
I think the order is important here as far as the smelling salts go. Try giving the driver the vaccine first, then the smelling salts. I know, it goes against intuition, but it works.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 19, 10 5:50 PM
MarpleLover wrote:I think the order is important here as far as the smelling salts go. Try giving the driver the vaccine first, then the smelling salts. I know, it goes against intuition, but it works.

I did that and the game still would not let me give the driver the smelling salts until I completely left the game and went back in. Only did this the second time I played, not the first. *shrug*

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Nov 19, 10 8:34 PM
I figured out the trick on the safe . . . it's the beginning point on the 4. Start counterclockwise between the two lines after the numeric 4. If you start correctly at the right spot, the dial won't move back to 0.

shorenuf wrote:
rt101010 wrote:
Gigi368 wrote:Ok, looks like I'm not the only one stuck on the safe in the husbands room...I never use the strategy guides, I like to figure them out on my own, but this time I TRIED to use it and it doesn't work like they said to do it...so HELP PLEASE ANYONE!?!? I really don't want to have to start over....

Apparently the instructions in the walk through are incorrect. See this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/109780.page#2432533

If you are on aMac, the game has a fatal error at the safe. We don't know how the combination works because the game crashes with any mouse click on the safe. We are waiting for a fix.

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Nov 19, 10 8:41 PM
I definitely missed the second jewel on the hidden Object scene, and thus am stuck. I cannot move forward getting the scroll. So, How do I go back and get that jewel?

dochilda

bfgDonau wrote:Welcome to the pond dexonsbabe!

I've found the following excerpts and screenshots in the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven walkthrough that should help:

First jewel: (see this <a href="http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Redemption-Cemetery-Curse-of-the-Raven/redemption-cemetery-curse-otr081.jpg">screenshot</a>

* Play the Hidden Object Scene.

* The CANNON WHEEL will be added to inventory.

* Zoom into the sarcophagus on the right; pick up JEWEL 1/2 (P).

Second jewel: (see this <a href="http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Redemption-Cemetery-Curse-of-the-Raven/redemption-cemetery-curse-otr095.jpg">screenshot</a>

* Zoom into the coffee table and place the 3 GOLDEN COINS in the empty slots to trigger a Hidden Object Scene in the room.

Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven

* Click on the chair on the right to begin playing the Hidden Object Scene.

* JEWEL 2/2 will be added to inventory.

I'd definitely recommend checking out the rest of the walkthrough if you run into any further trouble. It provides step-by-step guidance and some really helpful pictures as well!

It can be found on the top of the Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Forum page, or by clicking <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/redemption-cemetery-curse-of-the-raven-walkthrough/">here</a>.

To navigate through it quickly, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and then type in “jewel,” or another relevant word.

Hope this helps and have fun!

-bfgDonau

Go to: