Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by danigole on Aug 4, 10 3:38 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by danigole on Aug 4, 10 3:41 PM
I was enjoying the demo and found that I couldn't back out of the burning house. The curser would not change to exit. I'm stuck!!!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sczyfi on Aug 4, 10 4:36 PM
Lisee213 wrote:awesome game! I splurged and bought the CE, the bonus adventure on the end was quite good, and was about the same length as each of the "novella's".

For those playing the demo version, the demo is about 1/2 of the first novella/chapter, and there are 3 novellas in the full version + 1 bonus for the CE. All up, I think it took me about 4-5 hours to finish the lot.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more detail in the story, but it was creepy and engaging and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

[Post New]by sczyfi on Aug 4, 10 4:38 PM
I put the pulley on the machine before I used the electric cord and electric tape and now I cannot go back to the machine and use the cord and tape. Help!!!

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Aug 4, 10 5:18 PM
I concur with anyone who thinks this game is great! I could continue on for hours with this type of game, well made, interesting and not so difficult I have to spend half of my time with the walkthrough. Adventure games are something I seem to have a problem with, perhaps because I have an extremely short fuse when it comes to poking around and trying to figure out what to do next and then how to do it. It may well be that if I had more patience I would do better. This game, however, is right up my alley. I know there are plenty of you who think this game is too easy, but, for my vote, just keep games like this one coming.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Aug 4, 10 5:56 PM
In enjoyed the game a lot!! I didn't always know how the story was going to fit together. I thought the use of the inventory objects was clever, even stumped a couple times!

Engaging artwork and a compelling story!

And FABULOUS bonus adventure. Thanks BF!

[Post New]by starrynite95 on Aug 6, 10 8:18 AM
OMG!!! I was totally getting into the game demo, sorry don't wanna pay 19.99 for a game, I can wait, I think!. Anyhow, getting into the game, thinking that I can't wait until the regular version comes out and then Wham! I was done! 15 minutes! Anyhow, the whole thing looks like lots of fun. You have to think about things. The things that you need are in different areas not just one. I loved that about Dire Grove. I am not a big fan of the music on most of these games. I go for the sound effects, ( they are usually so much more fun!) The only problem that I saw was that it seemed to run kinda slow. Maybe when I get my affordable version I won't have that problem. Anyhow, I did enjoy the teaser and look forward to playing the whole thing. And seeing that I am reallllllyyyyy picky about my games that is saying something. Later Fishies!!

dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Aug 6, 10 5:00 PM
FINALLY a game worth the higher price. Don't get me wrong there have been some good games for the higher price, but this game is the best I have ever played. I love all the extra levels, everything about this game has been outstanding. I wish BFG would come up with more like this. I have enjoyed every minute spent playing this game. BFG you deserve a gold star.

LAMBOBAA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LAMBOBAA on Aug 6, 10 5:13 PM
Hi All!

Wellllll. Yep. I spent the bucks for this game and in a way wish I would have waited for the regular. Good game. Love the setting and premise. I don't think I will be eager to purchase any more games at the big big price.

[Post New]by wingnuts0915 on Aug 7, 10 12:37 PM
I loved this game! I personally felt that it was worth it to buy the CE. It took me about 5 hours to play all the way through. Awesome graphics, excellent mini games (loved the mouse labyrinth!!!). Two thumbs up!

tryle
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tryle on Aug 7, 10 1:31 PM

i cant find the shell for the lighter.. ive looked everywhere and tried the strategy guide.. still no luck.. can someone help me please

[Post New]by Eppitiffany2121 on Aug 7, 10 3:09 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:SPOILER ALERT

Go back out front and look at the nest on the right side.

Thanks for doing this but I still think people need to ask questions somewhere else..

EXTREMELY good game, my first big game (CE) and I feel it was worth the money, I just don't know what else to say.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Aug 7, 10 7:54 PM
Just finished demo in 45 mins. I'm not all that impressed, so far.
I liked Echoes of the Past: Castle MUCH better than this, which quite franky surprises me. From all the hype, and the very cool screen shots, etc., I thought for sure this one would be superior, but I just don't see it that way.

I found the hidden objects very small. Mostly I could find everything but the small size of everything caused some eye strain. And the lack of logic WAS sort of annoying. I'm not one to quibble about things like that, but here was a floor covered in water, with boards on fire right next to it, but I'm not allowed to pick up a bucket or a pan and put out the fire?? WHy not? lol...it was a tad annoying but made for longer game play I guess, and made you think outside the box which is ok.

No way I will buy the CE. I might buy the SE. I did like the game, but I still have Echoes of the Past in my head -- I'm anxiously awaiting the SE of that (this week!)--and that's what I"m going for first.

I"m kind of surprised I didn't like this game better, and maybe I will if I get into it more...the sample version was a tad short..because I Love the Puppetshow games (same developer). What I played of this one so far did not seem to have the same attention to detail. Just my opinion (which may change if/when I play more of the game..when SE comes out.)

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 8, 10 11:31 AM
Well..OK. I did buy the CE and just absolutely love this game! I didn't use the built-in strategy guide or walk-through at all, but did go once to the discussion forum and found the answer to my question there. Each time I finished a "chapter", I thought "good game", but then I would find another...and another...and another! I do like the idea of having to go back to previous chapters to find what is needed for the current one. Keeps my memory alert! I didn't have any problems related to possible "glitches". So, I loved this one and will replay it while anxiously awaiting the next one!!

[Post New]by AnnaDee on Aug 8, 10 12:30 PM
The theme and story line are great, and the puzzles and tasks are very interesting. It's a great game! But...It doesn't work very well. I have reloaded it twice and then tried it on another more powerful computer, and I run into the same problems over and over. I'm really disappointed, because I was completely engrossed in this game. I hope when the smaller, non-collector's version is out, it will be easier to use.

[Post New]by sammmi on Aug 8, 10 3:03 PM
SPOILER: This game just keeps crashing on me! the first time it happened I was in the extras more than halfway through I beleive. When I got the game going again all of my progrees was lost! Now I can't seem to get past the first fifteen minutes of the game before it crashes again! I tried all of the fixes there are and still yhe problem persists very annoying since I paid over 20.00 CND. for it. WAS JUST WONDERING DOES BIGFISHGAMES DO REFUNDS!
sammmi

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 8, 10 11:35 PM
This is a great game and well worth the $19.95. I don't have a single complaint.
The graphics were good and it was just hard enough to keep you searching for the next clue. The included walkthrough was really nice to have. I have to admit that in most of the games I need at least some help and having the walkthrough set up this way was really nice. I didn't have to shrink the sceen to see the walkthrough from another site that I had put up on my screen.
Thanks.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 9, 10 12:51 AM
sammmi wrote:SPOILER: This game just keeps crashing on me! the first time it happened I was in the extras more than halfway through I beleive. When I got the game going again all of my progrees was lost! Now I can't seem to get past the first fifteen minutes of the game before it crashes again! I tried all of the fixes there are and still yhe problem persists very annoying since I paid over 20.00 CND. for it. WAS JUST WONDERING DOES BIGFISHGAMES DO REFUNDS!
sammmi

Yes sammmi - just contact BFG support and explain everything to them and request your money back. They are usually really good about helping and keeping the customers happy and will most likely refund your money and delete the game from your purchase history!!

As a side note: This game sure does sound glitchy!! Checked out some player reviews on another site and saw the same complaints over and over.... You would think they would have put out a rebuild by now!!!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Aug 9, 10 1:42 AM
I did not remember this game today so I downloaded the demo. After it installed I only had 23 minutes. When I started to Play, it came up with a Junk Pile **** and I remembered trying it before. i looked around for about 5 minutes and exited the game then deleted it for the second time. I liked the story line and would have bought the CE Edition but I truly dislike Junk Pile games. I will not even consider it when the SE comes out.

I am so disappointed, as I was looking forward to this game coming out. I guess I am getting more picky in the games I buy or do not buy. I do not buy games with NO demo, nor do I buy Junk Piles any longer. For me, Junk Piles take the fun out of the game and makes it work.

Thanks BF for the variety of games you provide as that makes games for everyones taste.

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Aug 9, 10 2:52 AM
Hi All,

First time ever I bought collectors Edition, and thought it was totally worth it.

Excellent game play, split into separate games and a great bonus game at the end.

Love them nice and spooky and this one ticks all the boxes for me!

Loved it

Go to: